Hazeldean Cowhouse Spring MTB Race
Hazeldean Valley Trails is on the doorstep of Pretoria East, on a beautiful farm where cyclists can enjoy a variety of different scenery from bushveld to farmland to the lush treeline of the Pienaars River.
Official MTB Race approved & regulated by authorities
Only 300x entries available(might be adjusted depending on Level 1 Regulations)
Route options (NO LAPS)
Premises will open at 05h00
- 45km – R230 - 06h00 - @2 WaterPoint
- 20km – R180 - 07h00 - @1 WaterPoint
- Kiddies 5km MTB – R100 - 10h00 - No CSA License required
- When to Arrive: To avoid gatherings please do not arrive too soon, or too late. Arrive anytime within your hour.
- Batches: 40 Riders per batch with a 5-minute interval per batch.
- Participants will be notified via sms their start time.
- Number Collection: Once you have arrived within your time slot to register and cycle.
- Goodie bag to all pre-entries (online entries)
- All finishers get a choice between a medal or a free craft beer (or equivalent beverage) from Hazeldean Brewing Co.
- Beautiful, well-marked routes
- Well stocked water points sponsored by Key360 Nutrition
- Medics on Standby
- This event is an official Discovery Vitality Racing Event & Momentum Multiply , your points will be rewarded automatically
- BoutTime will ensure for instant results on your phone, website & on our electronic result boards at the finish, no more waiting
- There will also be prizes sponsored by Craft Homes
- There will be prizes to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th overall for each distance and gender and also 1st place for each age category
- Age categories are: Nippers(1-10), Sprogs(11-12), Sub-junior(13-14), Youth(15-16), Junior(17-18), U23 Elite(19-22), Elite(23-29), Sub Veteran(40-49), Veteran(40-49), Masters(50-59), Grand Masters(60+)
- You have to be present at prize giving to claim your prize.
- Please don’t gather before and after your cycle
- Please remember to wear your face masks in the race village at all time
- Sanitiser will be provided.
- Strictly No spectators allowed.
- Please remain 1.5m from each other, on the trails if you pass, indicate to the person in front of you that you are going to pass and doing so swiftly and by trying to keep your distance.
- After your ride you will receive a medal, downloadable certificate and your time will be captured for your health points at Momentum Multiply & Discovery Vitality. The overall top 3 participants by distance and top 1 age category, both for males & females will receive their virtual reward by means of an EFT or physical sponsored item to be collected at our offices or at the next exercise session.
- BoutTime will also track who is still out on the trail & who not.
Please remember to notify us if you did not complete the whole distance before we send out a search party unnecessary.
- Free Parking
- Free kids play area (but regrettably no childminding facilities)
- Plenty of food and drinks stalls at the Cowhouse Market
- Plenty of food and drink stalls
- Crafts for sale
- Entertainment such as pony rides
- And of course Hazeldean Brewing Co Craft Beer on tap
- A fun day out for the whole family
- Friday: @ Hotspot Cycles between 13h00 and 17h00.
- Saturday: @ Hotspot Cycles between 11h00 and 14h00.
- Sunday: @ The venue between 05h00 and 07h00. (Credit Card, Cash, Zapper & SnapScan). R30 Surcharge on Late Entries
Due to continued damage to our temp boards and theft of riders not handing in their race boards back to our timing team.
We had to make the difficult decision of implementing a new system where you can buy your very own permanent race number, having to discontinue our loss of temporary boards for on the day.
This one you can use time and time again and is assigned to your name, meaning that it is yours and you register for the race online, having no need to collect your number from registration queue, you sign up online and show up at the start line for the race.
Your brand new permanent board will cost you R50, alternatively can you rent one of the old raceboards from us for R20.
This is in line with other time keeping companies, it will shorten the registration queues for repeated riders, making it more convenient and make the number collection process faster. Route Profiles
The routes have been well designed to have a good balance of jeep track (to prevent bunching) and single track (to keep it fun).
The profiles are mostly flatish with a small amount of climbing on the longer distances.
Route profiles will be available closer to the date.