Darling Hills MTB Stage Race 2019
- Prologue- Day 1 Start and finish at Darling Golf Club – Stage 1: distance 18km & elevation 335m. Plenty of climbing and not the easiest stage to start your race but will get you warmed up and into the mood. A nice Friday afternoon challenge in the Darling Hills! First decent climb of the afternoon is Lanner Hill, home of the Lanner Falcon. Then ending at the start of Windmill Alley a short burst to the water tanks and then aim for the highest point of the day at Bokkop. Enjoy your view of Darling from here before heading home to your race village.
- Day 2 Start and finish at Darling Golf Club – Stage 2: distance 71km & elevation 1330m. This is the longest day of the race. A more punchy route gives you a killer compact day of fun – another day of real mountain biking awaits! A slow start brings you to the top of Hendri’s Hill and then a fast descent to Glen Frank Farm. Make sure your brakes are working. Then winding up again to the top of Frans Steyn Hill will make sure you are warmed up for the day ahead. Windmill Alley awaits to take you into Doornfontein Wildlife Estate. You might be lucky to see some game before you head to the Alexanderfontein vineyards. A culvert under the R315 takes you onto some fast farm roads on a circuit towards to the next climb at Klipberg. The route flattens out through a few more farms and will give you time to focus on the wine waiting at the finish line!
- Day 3 Start and finish at Darling Golf Club – Stage 3: distance 53km & elevation 913m. This stage is an action packed selection of the close to home hills. If you can climb, and know how to descend you will get back in record time. All the climbing is at the beginning of the stage. At the summit of Kapokberg, 459m above sea level, there are spectacular 360 degree views of the Darling Hills and the ocean in the distance. Some rolling hills through the vineyards will take you to your second water point at Cloof Wine Estate, home of fine wine and Rocking the Daisies.The final leg is a fast flat surge next the railway line that will see you finishing your stage race and finally be rewarded with some relaxation at the race village after your hard efforts.
Darling Hills MTB have undertaken the exciting task of hosting the Swartland/ West Coast first premium mountain biking stage race, 30 August- 01 September 2019 at Darling Golf Club, Western Cape, Darling. Darling is approximately 70 km north-west of Cape Town. The Darling Hills on the Cape West Coast offers variety, fun, relaxation and spectacular views. With single track, jeep track, farm roads, relaxed riding, technical sections, fast moving terrain, fun, beautiful scenery the Darling Hills MTB Stage Race has it all.The Darling Hills MTB Stage Race is a race over 3 days with 2 stages which includes a prologue and 2 day stages. All stages are compulsory. The race has been registered with Cycle South Africa (CSA) and Entry Ninja will be used for race registration. Race nutrition, water and isotonic carbohydrate drinks are freely available at water points throughout the route. The Chill Zone is the perfect place to unwind, enjoy a cold beer, swap race stories and mingle with supporters and fellow riders after a hard day of racing.
After the successful event called the Darling Corporate MTB Challenge 2015 , this sanctioned 3-Day MTB Stage race in the Western Cape, will take place for the first time. By providing an exceptional race experience, our mission is to expose participants to some of the best mountain biking in the country, offer sponsors a targeted marketing and engagement opportunity, build tourism in the area and benefit local communities through select outreach programmes. Contributing to charity and assisting local communities is an essential component of nurturing sustainability in South Africa. The main beneficiary of the race will be Swartland/ West Coast SPCA.
More than a relaxed weekend out, the ride is a necessary weekend out, with funds from the entry fee going into the SPCA’s efforts. By entering The Darling Hills MTB Stage Race, you ensure that the work of the Swartland & West Coast SPCA continues – preventing cruelty to all animals, rescuing animals from crisis and distress, giving shelter to sick, injured, abandoned and unwanted animals, and providing subsidised veterinary care to animals from less fortunate communities and educating young children about the humane treatment of animals.
Friday 30 August 2019- Prologue-Day 1 18km
Saturday 31 August 2019- Day 2- 71 km
Sunday 01 September 2019- Day 3- 53km
Team Entry Fee (Teams of 2)
*R1 800 per rider (R3600 per team)
Solo Entry Fee
*R1 800 per rider
Your entry fee includes:
• Goodie Bag
• 3 days of amazing trails through Darling Hills.
• Prologue and 2 Trail Stages
• 3 meals- Friday Event Dinner/ Saturday and Sunday Lunch
• Access to all the race facilities and improved permanent facilities i.e. restaurant, toilets, chill zone, bike wash facility.
• Professional medical support is included however you will need travel insurance in case of hospitalisation.
• 2 water points along each route with lots to eat and drink. We suggest you bring a long your preferred bars or drinks. You don’t need to worry about going hungry. These tables are well stocked!
• Darling Hills MTB Stage Race- Finishers Medal
NB- Wife & Kids gets free entry at venues (no meals included)
• Darling Hills MTB T-Shirt – (Order with registration at entry ninja-R250-00)
• Accommodation is excluded from the entry fees.
Bike Maintenance Service Packages
A-Package – R 750.00
Includes full service at either our stores prior to the events,
Bike receives a Mini Service as standard after stage one and stage two.
Parts are excluded
B-Package – R 550.00
Same as per above. Excluded major service prior to event at shop.
Tel: 021 556 8207
EPT Recovery Massage Packages
Follow Link- http://bit.ly/DarlingHillsMTB2019
Francois Retief: (082) 456 0221
Russell Looms: (082) 829 6074
Race Village Accommodation
Accommodation is excluded from the entry fees. To book for tented/ camping or self catering accommodation at the race village book via email - email@example.com
The Darling Hills MTB Race Village is perfect for you! If you choose the Tented/ Camping or Self Catering Accommodation Packages you will be camping in the race village just outside where all the hype is happening.
*Tented Accommodation: R900 p/person for the weekend
This includes an already set up tent and mattress per person at the race village and ablution (no electricity in tent available) .
The tent will have sleeping space for one (1) person.
Tents will be available and move in ready from 30 August 2019 08:00 am.
Limited tents available!!
There is a designated area if you wish to bring your own tent or camper van. Please note there is no electricity and limited space available. Book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
R600 per camping spot for the entire stay (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
Camping spot for up to 4 people only….
Camping spots will be available from 30 August 2019 08:00 am
Ablution facilities available (No Electricity)
Limited camping spots available (Plot Size 10m x 10m)
Traditional Braai & Slaai
Lamb Chop 200g | Chicken Piece | Boerewors | Pasta Salad | Coleslaw | Garlic Bread
Potjie Kos (served with rice & a roll)
Chicken & Vegetable | Springbuck Curry | Wildebeest & Vegetable
Traditional Lamb Spit braai
Lamb | Baby Potatoes | Garlic Bread | Coleslaw | Beetroot salad | Curry Noodle Salad | Greek Salad.
Please remember to book your additional meals for non riders and children via www.entryninja.com with team or rider registration. No bookings for meals will be accepted at race village.
Non Riders- R150 per meal (3 meals- R450)
Children under the age of 12- R75.00 per meal (3 meals R225)
*Non Riders- No free glass of wine per meal (Riders Only)
*Vegetarian and Halaal options are available on request only.
Other- Alcoholic and soft drinks will be on sale from the bar.
Rider substitutions accepted until 17 August 2019 at R300 per change.
Thereafter no changes will be accepted.
No changes to clothing sizes will be accepted after 16 August 2019
1. All requests must be received in writing- firstname.lastname@example.org
2. 80% refund until 1 July 2019
3. 50% refund until 1 August 2019
4. Thereafter no refund
Entries open – 1 June 2018
Entries close- 25 August 2019
Late Entries- After 25 August 2019
Team of 2- R2 000 per rider (R4 000 per team)
Solo Rider- R2000 per rider
*Entries limited to 400 riders only!! ENTER NOW!!!
Follow Link- https://enter.entryn...ills-stage-race
Enter Online- www.darlinghillsmtb.co.za / www.entryninja.com
More information: www.darlinghillsmtb.co.za