Trans Xhariep 2020
Saturday, 29 February 2020 - Sunday, 1 March 2020
FreestateGariep Forever Resort
- The route is mostly non technical, following mostly farm & district roads with quite a technical jeep track section before Vanderkloof & tar roads into the different towns. 2574m accent. In 2020 we will up the nimber of Checkpoints to 7 x Check points on route & 6 x unmanned water points.
- The route is non technical, following mostly farm & district roads with a few sections of jeep track & tar roads into the different towns. 1172m accent. 2 x Check points on route. 4 x unmanned water points.
The Free State’s very own Ultra Marathon MTB event.
Are you brave enough to take on the Ultra (315km) or is the Lite (147km) more your style?
Learning form previous events, we have made a few changes to the 2020 event.
- 7 Big Check points for Ultra Riders, with loads to eat and drink. Ice and fresh fruit.
- Start Time Change for both Ultra and Lite distances
- Less Crates on route
- More and better indicated unmanned water points on route
- Reduced event entry price
- New route for the Lite distance, with start/finish at Gariep Dam
We are extremely excited about the fantastic growth of this event over the last few years and look forward to growing the event to into one of the Bucket List events on the South African Calendar.
If you think your tough, Think again before entering the Ultra in 2020. The Free State is not as easy as you might think.
The Free State is wild, unexplored and mostly used as a stop over for families traveling to their chosen destination.
The Free State is also Beautiful, friendly and generous.
Take it on with your bike and it becomes an even better adventure. Its not always about the destination, its always about the journey of getting there and the Trans Xhariep is no different.
With the perfect combination of jeep track, farm roads, gravel and tar sections the journey between the Gariep dam and Vanderkloof Dam becomes all the more worth it.
Experience the Free State like never before. Have a look at the beautiful scenery the Xhariep region has on offer and enjoy the fabulous check points with local flavor everywhere you look. Stop and have a swim, wave to a friendly farmer passing by and remember to take a selfie for good measure.