HotChillee Rainmaker Rollercoaster (Gravel Race/Ride)
The world’s first 7-day Gravel Adventure Race or ride it’s up to you!
Enter as a “racing team” of two, or “ride and survive” in a small group with the renowned HotChillee Ride Captains and enjoy the support and camaraderie en route.
The event is open to mountain bikes as well as gravel bikes, but the parcours will best suit the speed of a gravel bike. The event has been sanctioned by Cycling South Africa.
- Saturday 5th October: Sign On & Prologue.
- Sunday 6th October: Stage 2 – Swellendam – Swellendam (95 km)
- Monday 7th October: Stage 3 – Swellendam – Riversdale (107 km)
- Tuesday 8th October: Stage 4 – Riversdale – Calitzdorp (109 km)
- Wednesday 9th October: Stage 5 – Calitzdorp – Oudtshoorn (53 km)
- Thursday 10th October: Stage 6 – Oudtshoorn – Uniondale (113 km)
- Friday 11th October: Stage 7 – Uniondale – Plettenberg Bay (90 km) & visit Kwano Cycling Academy.
- Saturday 12th October: Last transfers back to Cape Town (via Swellendam)
Transfers to and from the start/ finish line will be available to book via your registration form soon. Available transfers as follows:
Sat 5th October: pick up at the Cape Town Waterfront at 10:00 or CPT International at 11:30 (transfer time 3hrs)
Friday 11th October: Transfers from Plettenberg Bay to Cape Town (via Swellendam) at 14:30 (transfer time to Cape Town 6hrs)
Sat 12th October: Last transfers back to Cape Town (via Swellendam) at 09:30 or 14:30 (transfer time to Cape Town 6hrs)