This event caters for Gravel bikes, MTB and E-Bikes

Gravel bikes:

160 km Solo
160 km 2 man team

MTB:

160 km Race solo
160 km 2 man team

E-Bikes:

With the growth of E-bikes in SA why not have a race specifically for them?

80 km Race specifically for E-bikes

Venue

Cafe de Cirque, Gauteng
Get directions

Al Pal, Jan 14 2020 04:47

Hi.
Do you have a route map and expected Profile?

TyronLab, Jan 15 2020 08:42

Saw the post of Facebook. Solo seems a bit spendy at R700 for pre-entry? I'm assuming because gravel bikers are basically roadies so you charge 'em more? :)

Other than that keen on doing it to get some safe off-road distance in the legs.

Paulst12, Jan 15 2020 08:54

Saw the post of Facebook. Solo seems a bit spendy at R700 for pre-entry? I'm assuming because gravel bikers are basically roadies so you charge 'em more? :)

Other than that keen on doing it to get some safe off-road distance in the legs.

R700!!! For an essentially gravel road race? I was considering it, but not anymore...

Clinton H, Jan 15 2020 08:59

For 700 clips you can do a lekker long ride and buy coffee for 20 of your closest mates !

Face Plant, Jan 15 2020 10:23

Hi.
Do you have a route map and expected Profile?

Hi Al, I will upload it as soon as the final route has been decided on, at this stage we have a few options that we still have to decide on

Face Plant, Jan 21 2020 01:41

Entries now open on http://www.cycleeven...0-miller-2020/….
All pre entries get Free T-Shirts. R30000 worth of Cash prizes and Titan Carbon Comp Gravel Bike up for grabs in lucky draw thanks to Merida Bikes Africa Weekly training tips coming your way from Team Garmin MTB.

mecheng89, Jan 24 2020 01:40

Damn and blast. In my valley, but the same weekend as Maluti D90!

mecheng89, Mar 16 2020 11:56

So now that Maluti is cancelled, what chance does this event stand? please advise Mister Organizer!

NotSoBigBen, Mar 16 2020 01:52

So now that Maluti is cancelled, what chance does this event stand? please advise Mister Organizer!

Do you have a link to the official cancellation of Maluti please?

mecheng89, Mar 16 2020 02:05

No link, just email. The administrator of your team would've received the email. 

eddy, Mar 16 2020 03:53

Message I received from out team captain:

Good day,

In the light of the current COVID-19 pandemic and the ban on gatherings over 100 people enforced by government, the 2020 Cycle Lab Maluti Double 90 powered by Biogen will be postponed until further notice. We are not going to cancel the event but adopt the mindset of waiting until we are able to put the event on.

This means that all current entries remain active until a new date can be confirmed. Due to the cost of the event, no refunds will be given to teams who decide to cancel their entry but we hope that no-one will need to cancel their entry. If a team cannot make the event on the new date then they have the option of doing a substitution at no cost or, if not able to find a substitute team, unfortunately their entry will be forfeited. We pledge to give at least 2 months warning as to when a new date will be promulgated. Right now we have no guidance on a new date as we must wait until the various gathering restrictions have been relaxed.

We do understand the frustration for everyone with the pandemic unfolding but we ask for patience as we do our best to find a suitable alternative date, which will depend on availability on calendars, venues etc. We ensure riders that we are doing our best to honour the event and the entries the best we can.

Yours in cycling