The U MTB Stage Race 2020
The U Stage Race is in its fifth year in 2020 and will take place from 23 to 25 October.
Not that you need them, but here are just some of the highlights you can look forward to:
The big reason those 250 entries sell out so fast every time is there are only two times a year when the magical 100-plus kilometre network of hand-crafted singletrack in the Piket-Bo-Berg is open to the public: The Piket-Bo-Berg Cycle Challenge, and The U.
We’re always in awe of how our trail-builders do it. In some sections, it’s almost impossible to comprehend how the trails were imagined, let alone crafted. Criss-crossing the hills above the race village, the trails weave audaciously over, through, between, and under rocks to create a near-perfect flow on terrain which quite often shouldn’t be rideable.
Make no mistake - it’s no manicured bike park (or walk-in-the-park, for that matter) the trails are physically and technically challenging, but generous in their rewards.
We’re not aware of too many other events that can say this (are there any?), but for The U you can leave your wallet at home. True story, no need for any extra cash. The event is all-inclusive (regardless of what accommodation you choose), that means everything is already covered in your entry fee. Now, this is not like one of those ‘all you can eat buffets’ where you get short-changed.
This, thanks to our premium partners, is the best of the best, and features:
- Baristas serving any hot beverage of your choice
- Complimentary La Chouffe beers on Friday & Saturday evening & Belgian Beer Company Beer Tastings
- Hope Distillery & Fitch and Leedes sunset cocktails on Friday and Saturday evening (including a Hope Distillery and Liefmans Fruitesse beer and gin cocktail)
- Cadence Nutrition during Episodes 1 & 2
- Powerful protein punch from Protein 2 Go recovery after each Episode
- As much DAY Water as you need (sustainable canned water)
But wait, there is more thanks to the amazing support of our premium partners. Everything below is part of the deal, complimentary… GRATIS:
- Three Namgear bike washes
- Goodies from: Enjoy, Duvel, Cadence all packed in a Thule Achiever backpack
- Personalized Number board and Medal
- Access to the EPT Recovery lounge, featuring the latest gadgets in Sports Recovery
- A Parting Gift when you leave which includes: 200ml Custom Distilled Hope Gin (using organic Buchu from the farm); Fitch & Leedes Bespoke Mixer; a bunch of fresh flowers from the farm, local potatoes and preserves.
- And, for the racing snakes, there is some coin up for grabs in the Venturescapes Segment Challenge: With R5000 for both the K&QOM on the Venturescapes Segment Challenge on both Episodes 1 & 2 (R20K in total over the weekend).