The Cool Ideas Cradle Mountain Trophy
We are pleased to announce that we now have a new home...Happy Acres, situated just down from Maropeng near Magaliesburg. It is approximately 10km further down the road, so there is no long drive to the start.
The weekend caters for riders of all abilities – offering distances from 75km, 45km to 30km.(Note change in this distance)
If you have done this mountain biking event before, you will know that The Cool Ideas Cradle Mountain Trophy promises a fantastic offering of single track, plus some challenging off-road and, of course, some good technical aspects. But do remember that we call this the “Mountain Trophy” for good reason. It is not all flat. We will be making good use of tracks and trails which have previously been used for private events.
If you are training for the Kap Sani2C or other postponed races, then this must be an event that’s on your training schedule.
MOUNTAIN BIKE OPTIONS
Riders will have the option of competing in four different events, namely:
- The Cradle Mountain Trophy – 75km on Saturday the 24th and 45km on Sunday the 25th of October –
- Stage 1: 75km of exhilarating riding, beautiful views, a few hills and much, much more
- Stage 2: 45km of even more unbelievable riding.
- The Cradle Mountain Challenge – 75km on Saturday the 24th
- The Cradle Mountain Adventure – 45km on Sunday the 25th
- The Mini Cradle Mountain Adventure – 30km on Sunday the 25th (New Junior < 19 category included.)
- Long Sleeve T-Shirt for first 200 MTB entrants. (PLEASE NOTE: All riders are asked for their shirt size. Only the first 200 paid entrants will receive a Cool Ideas Cradle Mountain Trophy Long Sleeve T)
- Absolutely unbelievable riding – great single track, good, tough technical challenges and stunning scenery. Be Warned - Day 1 (75km) is tough and challenging.
- A professionally planned and managed route.
- Goodie Bag.
- There will be food vendors at Happy Acres for Saturday and Sunday as well as Craft beer on tap and more.
- Showers at the finish.
- Good TLC all along the way.
- The Legendary Bridgestone Bike Wash.
- Secure overnight storage for your bike.
- Technical support on the way.
- Lucky draw prizes and race medal.
- One of the best and most enjoyable warm-ups you're going to get – tick 120km off that training schedule.