Witfontein Funduro 2020

Saturday, 26 September 2020
Western CapeGround Zero Bike Park

Details

Final Results
https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Trailforks Route
https://www.trailfor...n-funduro-2020/

Start/Finish at Ground Zero. Arrive by 8:00 for an informal registration/briefing. Registrations close at 08:15. Ride out at 8:30.

Free entry. Riders are only requested to pay up their Hillbillies MTB Club memberships, for the use of the trails. R200 for an annual membership through www.hillbillies.co.za website, or you can pay R50 for a day pass on the day.

This is not an official event, it is just a bunch of riders comparing times. Health & Safety is the sole responsibility of each rider.

The Full Funduro will consist of 5 stages, each between 1-2km in length. Total distance is ±32km.

LITE category will cover the first 3 stages, which are much less technical (all blue trails). Total distance ±23km.

The full route will be published on Trailforks on Friday, 18th September.

For those who don't know what an enduro is...downhills are timed, and the uphills are mandatory but not timed. Riders are timed in stages that are primarily downhill, with neutral "transfer" stages in between.

It will be Strava timed, unless we find some volunteer timing marshals.

The route will not be formally marked/taped. Riders are advised to practice beforehand and familiarise themselves with the trails.

A-lines will not be taped off. Riders should scout ahead of time, and decide which features to avoid.

After the ride, everyone can go home for a shower. Return at about 16:00 to compare times and have a good time.

Venue

Ground Zero Bike Park, Western Cape
Get directions

Thermophage, Oct 02 2020 01:37

We should definitely ask one of the DNF guys to do a race report.......  :ph34r:

Hey now, we were on Myles' arse like white on rice about coming though, but apparently we were too late in inviting some of the peeps (3 months was not enough notice :P). In his defence though, they has a trip postponed due to COVID so they had to reschedule and they did that early LD.

And besides, race report from a DNF is an interesting perspective :D

Christofison, Oct 02 2020 01:41

Hey now, we were on Myles' arse like white on rice about coming though, but apparently we were too late in inviting some of the peeps (3 months was not enough notice :P).

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:

Jewbacca, Oct 02 2020 01:43

Hey now, we were on Myles' arse like white on rice about coming though, but apparently we were too late in inviting some of the peeps (3 months was not enough notice :P).

HAHAHA

It's been a while since the righteous brigade spat their dummies!

captain morgan, Oct 02 2020 01:50

Sounds like this was so much FUN
So sorry i missed it ....

But we would love to see you all in Hogsback in November... you won't regret it !!

Thermophage, Oct 02 2020 01:54

Sounds like this was so much FUN
So sorry i missed it ....

But we would love to see you all in Hogsback in November... you won't regret it !!

Would dig to, but the timing of the event and distance from CT coupled with leave needing to be taken etc puts it out of reach for me unfortunately :(

Bos, Oct 02 2020 02:15

Kendon Sharp? With the Allan Gray lycra? He dropped in after the last rider and quickly realised that neither his fingers nor his brakes were working. His words: "By God's grace there was a dude who had ripped off his gears (derailleur), so I had to walk down with him".

On closer inspection of his wife's bike later that day, I found that the entire fork lowers, front brake caliper & hub were completely covered in fork oil  :eek:  considering that he isn't I rider, I was actually super impressed when he made it all the way down Stage 5 on the e-bike we were using for route marking the day before.

Yes, that guy! We all owe him, hope he wasn't sick the next day.