The Tanqua Kuru Bicycle Race.
The Tanqua Kuru
A two-day fully supported gravel bike race in the heart of the Tankwa Karoo. There quite simply is nothing like it.
The race has been specifically designed to test a modern gravel bicycle, however, our aim is to bring people who love bicycles together.
We want to be as inclusionary as possible, so we welcome any type of bicycle to take part.
28 May 2021 - Registration, arrival & art tour
29 May 2021 - Day 1 – 110km
30 May 2021 - Day 2 – 60km
You will be sharing a large 2 man dome canvas tent with stretcher beds, thick mattress and comfy white linen. There will be more than adequate ablution facilities with hot water in the morning and evening.
THE ENTRY FEE.
R5900pps (You’ll be sharing the large tent with your bestie…)
R1100 single supplement
- 2 X breakfast
- 2 X lunch
- 2 X dinner
- Tented accommodation with bedding and lighting provided
- 2 X refreshment stops en route
- Access to Tankwa Karoo National Park
- Art cycle tour (Friday)
- 2 X Rocktail sundowners, or a Tanqua Tonic
- 1 x beer at the end of each day’s ride
- Sweep vehicle
- Mobile medic
- Portraiture photographer
- More than anything though, this race gives you access to find yourself, and lose yourself.
- Single supplement available at an additional R1100.
You may bring your partner to enjoy the magic of the Tankwa who will share the tent with you, all meals and entertainment. They will be able to explore the artworks, sundowners, and lounge at Stoney Beach. The price is R5000 all-inclusive.
Tankwa Tented Camp has the following facilities:
- Full cash bar
- Swimming dam
- Boma indoor and outdoor
- Solar electricity
- The most eclectic mix of desert artwork you’ve likely ever seen
There will be a unique Tanqua Trophy for the winner of each timed segment.