The topics covered in Episode One:
- Demystifying a rumour that Steve Bowman wheelied from Hout Bay to Camps Bay (at 1 minute 40 seconds)
- At what intensity point does your body utilize fat to a greater extent than carbohydrates and protein? (at 2 minutes 40 second)
- What causes cramps and what is the best way to prevent it or relieve it when it happens? (at 11 minutes 42 seconds)
- I am moving from the half marathon distance to the full marathon distance next year. How should my training change for the increased distance? (at 22 minutes 15 seconds)
- Is there a way to get better at riding in high temperatures? (35 minutes 35 seconds)
- Would riding with a dropper seat post be beneficial within South African marathon races? (at 46 minutes 44 seconds)
Previous articles by the Science2Sport team for Bike Hub:
Who needs a coach anyway? by John Wakefield and Dr Mike Posthumus.
A scientific guide to race day nutrition by Dr Jeroen Swart and Ben Capostagno.
Ensuring training progression with power by Dr Mike Posthumus and John Wakefield.
Training with a power meter: the ins and outs by Ben Capostagno and Dr Jeroen Swart.
Submit your questions:
Here's your chance to ask any cycling training, racing or nutrition related questions you have. Please submit your questions via the form below or leave a comment.