Tips and Advice

Podcast: Q&A with the Coaches – Episode 2

· By Press Office · 1 comment

In our new podcast series Q&A with the Coaches, you can ask the experts from Science2Sport your cycling training and racing related questions. The team at Science2Sport, which includes leading sports scientists, Dr Jeroen Swart, Dr Mike Posthumus, John Wakefield, and Benoit Capostagno, will be addressing the answers to your cycling related queries, along with local mountain bike pioneer Steve Bowman adding his insight.

The Q&A with the Coaches podcast series is available on SoundCloud and iTunes.

The topics covered in Episode Two:

• Is there a desired training stress score (TTS) that you should be looking for? (at 36 seconds)
  • With the correct pedals stroke, will there still be dead spots? (at 9 minutes 40 seconds)
  • How important is base training? Are there more efficient options? (at 21 minutes 18 seconds)
  • For someone with limited training time, is it more beneficial to focus on cycling for fitness or is cross-training worthwhile? (at 28 minutes 28 seconds)
  • I want to start training more seriously, should I buy a power meter for my average aluminium road bike or should I rather use the money towards a good carbon race bike? (at 34 minutes 37 seconds)

Previous articles by the Science2Sport team for Bike Hub:

The science of cross country mountain bike: What does it take to succeed in XCO? by Dr Jeroen Swart and Ben Capostagno.

Who needs a coach anyway? by John Wakefield and Dr Mike Posthumus.

A scientific guide to race day nutrition by Dr Jeroen Swart and Ben Capostagno.

Ensuring training progression with power by Dr Mike Posthumus and John Wakefield.

Training with a power meter: the ins and outs by Ben Capostagno and Dr Jeroen Swart.

Submit your questions:

Here’s your chance to ask any cycling training, racing or nutrition related questions you have. Please submit your questions via the form below or leave a comment.

Comments

awesme

Mar 8, 2017, 5:09 AM

hmmmm

Dammm, it's going to be a long month till the next podcast.

hmmm what a nice analogy, the Eiffel tower.

G

Add a comment

You must log in to comment