The topics covered in Episode Two:
- Is there a desired training stress score (TTS) that you should be looking for? (at 36 seconds)
- With the correct pedals stroke, will there still be dead spots? (at 9 minutes 40 seconds)
- How important is base training? Are there more efficient options? (at 21 minutes 18 seconds)
- For someone with limited training time, is it more beneficial to focus on cycling for fitness or is cross-training worthwhile? (at 28 minutes 28 seconds)
- I want to start training more seriously, should I buy a power meter for my average aluminium road bike or should I rather use the money towards a good carbon race bike? (at 34 minutes 37 seconds)
Previous articles by the Science2Sport team for Bike Hub:
The science of cross country mountain bike: What does it take to succeed in XCO? by Dr Jeroen Swart and Ben Capostagno.
Who needs a coach anyway? by John Wakefield and Dr Mike Posthumus.
A scientific guide to race day nutrition by Dr Jeroen Swart and Ben Capostagno.
Ensuring training progression with power by Dr Mike Posthumus and John Wakefield.
Training with a power meter: the ins and outs by Ben Capostagno and Dr Jeroen Swart.
Submit your questions:
Here's your chance to ask any cycling training, racing or nutrition related questions you have. Please submit your questions via the form below or leave a comment.