Events

Video: Brandon Semenuk’s 2015 Red Bull Joyride run

By Press Office · 11 comments

Brandon Semenuk’s winning run at the 2015 Red Bull Joyride.

Sunday morning brought blue skies and a fresh perspective. As riders started to take their first warm-up runs, the anticipation and excitement grew as the village started to re-fill with excited spectators. Returning Joyride champion Brandon Semenuk opened the year with a disappointing crash at Crankworx New Zealand, and followed that up with a 2nd place in Crankworx France. Hungry for redemption, and on home soil, the reigning Joyride champion put down one of — if not the most impressive Slopestyle run ever. No other competitor would come close to matching Semenuk’s mind-blowing run. His second time down the hill was but a now-familiar victory lap for the three-peat Joyride champion.

The rollercoaster of emotions and drama that surround the Red Bull Joyride are guaranteed. The extensive preparation its competitors endure in the days leading up to the main event would be unfathomable to most. To make matters even more complicated, the Whistler Mountain weather threatened a torrential downpour, which was scheduled to arrive just before the start of the event. Not one to disappoint, mother nature decided to open up her skies, providing a course hold and inevitable postponement until the following morning.

Comments

KingTJ

Aug 18, 2015, 7:20 PM

This guys is on fire at the moment...the things he is doing and videon and MTB is just unbelievable

NicNacDH

Aug 18, 2015, 8:32 PM

Holy cannelloni ....  serious skills he has! :thumbup:

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Aug 18, 2015, 8:53 PM

Holy ****

milky4130

Aug 18, 2015, 9:06 PM

Dramatic music with commentary just gave me goosebumps ????

Aug 19, 2015, 5:57 AM

the "Tony Hawk" of Slopestyle

RocknRolla

Aug 19, 2015, 7:18 AM

No Doubt he is on another level.

But the top 5 guys's runs are purely spectacular. The thing that was seriously amazing to watch is how they stand up and finish their runs after a fall that would have left me begging for a stretcher and some pain meds...

Red Zone

Aug 19, 2015, 10:40 AM

I think that the second place run was even better, smoother, more controlled and that triple whip was ridiculous

RocknRolla

Aug 19, 2015, 5:01 PM

Triple whip was indeed something to behold

Stretch

Aug 19, 2015, 5:28 PM

and i'm just happy do a little jump!

Lurch the stalker

Sep 12, 2015, 8:45 AM

Add a comment

You must log in to comment