Video: EzelEnduro 2017 - The Edit

You've seen Ewald's stunning photo story and read Myles's race report, now feast your eyes on the video edit from EzelEnduro 2017.

18 Comments

Sarel See Monster, Oct 19 2017 06:16

This is the best video of my life ever. 

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem, Oct 19 2017 06:26

HAHAHAHA! Jewbacca & Matchstix, that's not how you're supposed to ride!

wicked, wicked vid!

Matchstix, Oct 19 2017 06:53

tsek jy tsek hahahahahahahha

Matchstix, Oct 19 2017 06:54

POV never shows how big the rocks are

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem, Oct 19 2017 06:58

😂😂😂

And ja dude. Nor how loose.

Lance Cruz, Oct 19 2017 07:27

Dan, Harry and all the other associates deserve an immense debt of recognition for the sacrifices they make, to ensure this happens each year. An unrivaled enduro. 

Visionary event with excellent land management. This edit finally enlivens it a bit for those who can't be there. 

V18, Oct 19 2017 07:39

Epic video!... We should prob start replacing the word epic with ezel now. Clearly.

Harry Millar, Oct 19 2017 08:03

Okay, I'm ready to go back now!

Sparky and the Warden, Oct 20 2017 06:32

Siiiiiiick! So amped for 2018!

iRide, Oct 20 2017 08:21

Dan, Harry and all the other associates deserve an immense debt of recognition for the sacrifices they make, to ensure this happens each year. An unrivaled enduro. 

Visionary event with excellent land management. This edit finally enlivens it a bit for those who can't be there. 

Thanks man. We appreciate the appreciation :)

iRide, Oct 20 2017 09:09

There are so many cool stories that come out of a weekend like this-I wish we had some journalists that could capture them! Anyone keen to take on that role next year?

My highlights;

Dave Mercer managing to survive all 5 stages this year and then having a drunken nightime OTB into the riverbed on his way back to the campsite. Ask Meurant for the photo of Count Mercer in his glass coffin the next morning-it's a classic!

Guy McKenchnie shouting to everyone down stage 5 that ' I am NOT OK!' after having a huge crash but still riding past the roving medic, and anyone else who wanted to help him out! His sister also had a race ending OTB in the stage race so perhaps we should start calling them the McOTB's?

Gary Barnard donating his winnings to Keira to help with travel costs. Flippen cool!

Mark Sydneys leg bruising was (is?) spectacular. Unfortunately he's had to go in for an operation to get the hematoma's drained so here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Jonty Human (the last person who I thought would finish-he's a freak'n dirtjumper!) grinning down every stage and showing his absolute stubbornness to finish even after stage 5 gave him a nice hickey on the face and broke his prescription glasses.

The Potjie crew (who we only met a few weeks ago) managed a huge task with aplomb and delivered some incredibly tasty grub. I just wish more of you had eaten the leftovers because cleaning all that up, hungover was not a pleasant task!.

Like I said, so many stories but how to capture them?!

Bikinginthebosch, Oct 20 2017 11:41

That so wonderful of Gary...wow.

Headshot, Oct 20 2017 12:18

Good to see the action in moving pictures! So sad I missed the suffer fest this year...

NicoBoshoff, Oct 20 2017 02:19

Those crashes...

First one, meh. But THEN, whilst chatting mid-ride down rock hell to spectator about massive crash you just had you proceed to engage with another big OTB :'D

Second one the guy just had zero f*cks to give and even less breaks. Or just saw some mates having a drink and did the most epic entrance to their trailside pow-wow.

I bow before you Lords of Send.

Letum911, Oct 20 2017 02:30

Awesome video!!! Some serious envy from this side, will do my best to join 2019!

BikeHub Plus, Oct 20 2017 02:52

that is very lekker!

Ride Rate Review, Oct 20 2017 07:22

This edit is Legit.... It really captured the spirit of Ezel. From the pre-Ezel phsych outs all the way through to the realization at stage 4 that it's totally on. 

THIS IS ENDURO.

Thanks for stepping up and adding some proper gnar in a local race Dan & Roo.

Less park more naturaal!!!

Odinson, Oct 23 2017 09:43

Look at the chap at 3:31. His body position just screams 'I'm going to OTB'.