Video: Kevin Vermaak Talks About The Cape Epic Cancellation

Gerald de Kock (Toyota Cadence) chats to Absa Cape Epic Founder, Kevin Vermaak, following the cancellation of the event in 2020 due to Covid-19. Vermaak shares insight to the decision, what it means for riders and the event going forward.

3 Comments

tubed, Apr 23 2020 12:09

I wondered why he was brought back in as the spokesperson of the Epic given that he had sold out and seemed to have retired, but its clear to me that he has the nous when it comes to spreading the Epic message.

All the criticism and personal views aside, I hope it survives and thrives, its a beacon for us in SA on how we can do things at a world class level.

Our country needs every every inch of positive coverage and motivation right now.

Roll on Epic 2021.  

Shebeen, Apr 23 2020 12:27

I wondered why he was brought back in as the spokesperson of the Epic given that he had sold out and seemed to have retired, but its clear to me that he has the nous when it comes to spreading the Epic message.

All the criticism and personal views aside, I hope it survives and thrives, its a beacon for us in SA on how we can do things at a world class level.

Our country needs every every inch of positive coverage and motivation right now.

Roll on Epic 2021.  

not entriely sure but AFAIK he is still very much involved.

Matt, Apr 23 2020 12:48

Roll on Epic 2021.  

He's still very much involved, although from what I gather now more at a strategic level overseeing the growing portfolio of mountain bike events within the group, including the Absa Cape Epic.