Events

Video: N1NO – The Hunt for Glory – Hittin’ the Gym Part 2

· By Press Office · 13 comments

The reasons behind Nino Schurter being one of the most iconic mountain bikers of all time is ever growing. One thing that sets him apart from the rest is the atypical way he trains and prepares for the season. Nino decided to reject traditional training methods and to re-think mountain bike training from the ground up.

In the second part of “Hitting the Gym with Nino Schurter”, the World Champion lets us in on some unique exercises he uses to develop the coordination and balance required to compete at on the highest level. Nino and his coach have fine-tuned these exercises to meet the demanding needs of mountain bike racers. The workout combines power, coordination and regeneration exercises, replicating a race environment. Get a look at some never before seen cycling workouts that could very well change the way you ride a bike.

Comments

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Mar 22, 2016, 8:35 AM

Awesome vid. Very interesting to see the techniques he employs for stability training. 

NotSoBigBen

Mar 22, 2016, 8:41 AM

I would hurt myself worse doing some of that stuff than I would ON a bike  :eek:

raptor-22

Mar 22, 2016, 9:39 AM

whens he's done with MTB , the circus has an opening

Fat Boab

Mar 22, 2016, 9:41 AM

Interesting to see a lot of pilates being employed here. The sliding 'trolley' on the incline, where he pulls down on handles is replicated on a pilates reformer machine.

Gen

Mar 22, 2016, 9:01 PM

The only thing there is would be able to do without falling is where he stands on the floor using the hoola hoop.

Jaco-fiets

Mar 22, 2016, 9:18 PM

He makes those exercises look much easier than they really are!!!!!!!!!!

Squier

Mar 23, 2016, 5:03 AM

I always wonder why there is such a huge gap between our locals and the Europeans. A lot has to be down to just the 'genetic size of their engine' (for the lack of a better term), but I wonder how many do these sort of exercises. I'd be surprised if any of ours train at this level.

Mar 23, 2016, 5:13 AM

He makes those exercises look much easier than they really are!!!!!!!!!!

I know!!!

Mar 23, 2016, 5:17 AM

I know!!!

Come on Myles, try the balance and juggling act, post videos...

Mar 23, 2016, 5:51 AM

Come on Myles, try the balance and juggling act, post videos...

Can't even juggle when standing normally...

But I can appreciate the complexity of those movements... I can do the balance board thing standing and sitting (eyes open) thanks to years of paddling k1's and surfskis and SUPing using paddleskis or windsurfing boards before it was a "thing"

Add any other movement, especially on a balance point thats so small, and, well...

Thud nghhhhh

As for the rest. Yeah naah

Oxter

Mar 23, 2016, 10:38 AM

cool to see N1no copying some of my gym sessions....

Baracuda

Mar 24, 2016, 8:00 AM

He is still not near the level of cross training by some:

Fat Boab

Mar 24, 2016, 8:13 AM

He is still not near the level of cross training by some:

That made my 'Friday'! :lol:

Add a comment

You must log in to comment