Events

Video: N1NO – The Hunt for Glory – Hittin’ the Gym with the Champ

· By Press Office · 6 comments

The reasons behind Nino Schurter being one of the most iconic mountain bikers of all time is ever growing. One thing that sets him apart from the rest is the atypical way he trains and prepares for the season. Nino decided to reject traditional training methods and to re-think mountain bike training from the ground up.

What does a mountain bike racer actually need? What do Cross-Country races require from a rider? The first part of “Hitting the Gym with Nino Schurter” dives into Nino’s coordination and balance workout, which Nino and his coach have built specifically for the needs of mountain bike racers. It combines power, coordination and regeneration exercises, replicating a race environment. Get a look at some never before seen cycling workouts that could very well change the way you ride a bike.

ccs-62657-0-48708400-1455859191.jpeg

Comments

Andrew Steer

Feb 19, 2016, 6:27 AM

Some mind blowing strength and conditioning here... next level stuff!

'Dale

Feb 19, 2016, 7:19 AM

I had a cramp in my neck just watching that

Guest notmyname

Feb 19, 2016, 8:00 AM

Wow. That's what it takes to be top of your game.

wanderwoman

Feb 19, 2016, 8:05 AM

Wow - clearly very well thought out. Love the balancing / recovery parts.

Andrew Steer

Feb 19, 2016, 8:32 AM

My only wish with Nino is that he would get hair implants... with the sports questionable history, premature balding is really not needed to fuel the fire.

Matchstix

Feb 19, 2016, 10:23 AM

I can't even juggle never mind attempting to do it on a balance board after doing some of those exercises

Add a comment

You must log in to comment