Events

Video: Ride all day – Theo rides the OneForty650 Pascoe

· By BikeHubCoreAdmin · 32 comments

Theo Erlangsen put the Pascoe through its paces on his favourite trails in and around Cape Town: Helderberg Trails, The Trail Park in George and Cascades Manor, Paarl.

Comments

rouxtjie

Aug 19, 2015, 7:46 AM

booom I love mine 

lukelockie

Aug 19, 2015, 7:50 AM

Drool

rouxtjie

Aug 19, 2015, 7:54 AM

Drool

skills or the bike  :clap:

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Aug 19, 2015, 7:57 AM

Theo is just SUCH a good rider... what a machine. 

Odinson

Aug 19, 2015, 7:57 AM

Who is this guy? He's got some serious skills. 

Skott5

Aug 19, 2015, 7:58 AM

Sweet Video !!!

Somebody submit it to Pinkbike as well ! 

Aug 19, 2015, 8:09 AM

Who is this guy? He's got some serious skills. 

Theo Erlangsen? SA national DH rider Came 2nd this year at Jonkershoek cos he blew it into one of the berms. If he hadn't gone in that fast before the road gap, he'd have beaten Stefan Garlicki. 

Aug 19, 2015, 8:12 AM

This is him in one of Eric Palmer's pics getting a POD on Pinkbike in 2012

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p6pb7674802/p5pb7674802.jpg

Odinson

Aug 19, 2015, 8:23 AM

Theo Erlangsen? SA national DH rider Came 2nd this year at Jonkershoek cos he blew it into one of the berms. If he hadn't gone in that fast before the road gap, he'd have beaten Stefan Garlicki. 

Oh okay. Don't really follow the SA DH scene.

Great video. Pyga following suit and having a DH pro showcase what their trail bikes are capable of, even though the 99% of the guys who buy the bikes would never be able to ride it in that way. People's aspiration to able to ride anywhere close to that level is a big factor in the choice of buying a bike like the Pyga. 

(Deon)

Aug 19, 2015, 8:30 AM

Hey Myles, remember when he did all that and more in 2012 at the Dirtopia weekend on a 120mm Pyga? He went from the enduro, straight to the dual slalom, then to the dirt jumps, repeated all that several times and then ended off with some DH only to win that too.. the fork eventually blew coz it couldn't keep up. 

(actually, come to think of it not even that slowed him down)

Aug 19, 2015, 8:37 AM

Hey Myles, remember when he did all that and more in 2012 at the Dirtopia weekend on a 120mm Pyga? He went from the enduro, straight to the dual slalom, then to the dirt jumps, repeated all that several times and then ended off with some DH only to win that too.. the fork eventually blew coz it couldn't keep up. 

(actually, come to think of it not even that slowed him down)

Yep. I remember hearing about it. Sadly wasn't there :(

rouxtjie

Aug 19, 2015, 8:44 AM

Great video. Pyga following suit and having a DH pro showcase what their trail bikes are capable of, even though the 99% of the guys who buy the bikes would never be able to ride it in that way. People's aspiration to able to ride anywhere close to that level is a big factor in the choice of buying a bike like the Pyga. 

deffos...cant agree more, just like ouens on XC bikes never being able to ride like nino, marathon bike like lekata and road bikes like froome.

Our(yes all of us tjops here on the hub doesnt matter if you are a  roadie/XC/marathon/trail/enduro) talent level maybe, just maybe justifies a makro special

Aug 19, 2015, 8:49 AM

deffos...cant agree more, just like ouens on XC bikes never being able to ride like nino, marathon bike like lekata and road bikes like froome.

Our(yes all of us tjops here on the hub doesnt matter if you are a  roadie/XC/marathon/trail/enduro) talent level maybe, just maybe justifies a makro special

Nothing justifies a Makro special.

Oh and on that - Raydek's first outing to Contermanskloof on his akro special had him split the head tube at the top & bottom. Just wasn't strong enough for anything above a pavement drop. And even then I think it'd be challenged... 

popcorn_skollie

Aug 19, 2015, 8:52 AM

While I tend to ponder over whether my ability will do any justice to the bikes capability.

What you say is very true. I wonder if LBS's would sell models any quicker if the bikes they had on the floor was being featured in videos on display within said store.

Wanna sell more oneforty650's? Put a monitor above this bike in your store and have this video on loop with a tiny disclaimer scrolling.

The bike you see in this video is the same bike on display.

But the rider is not you. Its Theo Erlangsen.

rouxtjie

Aug 19, 2015, 8:52 AM

Oh and on that - Raydek's first outing to Contermanskloof on his akro special had him split the head tube at the top & bottom. Just wasn't strong enough for anything above a pavement drop. And even then I think it'd be challenged... 

kekekeke....you havent seen my lack of skills...a makro special will be flattering it

Odinson

Aug 19, 2015, 8:53 AM

Yip. My skillz and fitness justify a penny farthing.

popcorn_skollie

Aug 19, 2015, 8:56 AM

Yip. My skillz and fitness justify a penny farthing.

Till you try and actually climb onto one. I tried. Someone had to teach me :blush:

rouxtjie

Aug 19, 2015, 8:59 AM

While I tend to ponder over whether my ability will do any justice to the bikes capability.

What you say is very true. I wonder if LBS's would sell models any quicker if the bikes they had on the floor was being featured in videos on display within said store.

Wanna sell more oneforty650's? Put a monitor above this bike in your store and have this video on loop with a tiny disclaimer scrolling.

The bike you see in this video is the same bike on display.

But the rider is not you. Its Theo Erlangsen.

deffos, it might take someone from being 50/50 to pulling the trigger....Show nino overtake absolon in the rockgarden next to the scott's...check that model's sales going up. Or froome crossing the finish line at le tour next to the pinas...

lukelockie

Aug 19, 2015, 9:09 AM

skills or the bike  :clap:

Both!

Sidewinder.

Aug 19, 2015, 9:39 AM

Great bike no doubt, but damn those trails look sick!

KingTJ

Aug 19, 2015, 9:57 AM

Nice Vid..some excellent Skillz

Headshot

Aug 19, 2015, 10:21 AM

Its not that hard to learn the skills to push your bike as hard as the manufacturers intended, - just takes time -  the hard part is doing it with style and flow, like Theo. 

The first part seems to have been shot at Cascade Hotel in Paarl, second part at Helderberg/Steilte and the all but last bit at the GRTP. First two are steep and DH oriented, GRTP has it all. If you haven't spent a day at GRTP you must!

Josh0

Aug 19, 2015, 11:25 AM

Very talented rider, and good video. GRTP looks the bloody beez neez, I shall make a plan to visit soon......

Does anyone know the song in the video?

Raydek

Aug 19, 2015, 11:32 AM

Hahaha ja, and both rims buckled on me...  :thumbdown:  :whistling:

Glad I have something nicer to ride on now.. :clap:  :thumbup:

Edit:  Oh... it was a Bellville Cycles special 2002 Raleigh Eldorado

Add a comment

You must log in to comment