Promotions

Best Bike in Africa 2015: #1 Dedacciai Skyline 3.Zero

· By Press Office · 17 comments

The Best Bike in Africa will be held at the 2015 Standard Bank Africa Cycle Fair on 23 – 25 October at St Stithians College, Johannesburg. The competition invites fair visitors to vote for their favourite bike at the Best Bike in Africa stand. All the entrants that vote for the bike that wins the Best Bike in Africa will go into a draw to win the bike. Leading up to the fair, we’ll be be revealing the bikes entered in the Best Bike in Africa. First up is the Dedacciai Strada Skyline 3.Zero.

ccs-62657-0-42984400-1444378247.png

The Dedacciai Strada Skyline 3.Zero is a little different. It’s a rigid full carbon 29er mountain bike. Sacrificing the comfort of suspension means a light bike – the Skyline 3.Zero weighs in at 8.5 kilograms.

The Skyline 3.Zero up for grabs comes kitted with SRAM XX1 and Guide RSC brakes. The cockpit features Mud Cross carbon components, which are also used by the Selle San Marco-Trek pro team. The wheels are Stan’s Crest rims laced to White Industries hubs.

Dedacciai Strada Skyline 3.Zero specification:

• FRAME: Dedacciai Skyline 3.Zero
  • STYLE:29er
  • FORK: Rigid Dedacciai carbon fork (600g)
  • BOTTOM BRACKET: PF30
  • CRANKSET: Sram XX1 with X-Sync Direct Mount
  • STEM: Mud Cross
  • SEATPOST: Mud Cross carbon
  • HANDLEBAR: Mud Cross carbon straight
  • FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
  • REAR DERAILLEUR: Sram XX1
  • SHIFTERS: Sram XX1
  • BRAKES: Sram Guide RSC
  • SADDLE: Selle San Marco Aspide Carbon Protek
  • WHEELSET: ZTR Crest / White Industries hubs
  • TIRES: Schwalbe Racing Ralph Snake Skin
  • REAR SHOCK: N/A

For more information on the Dedacciai Strada Skyline 3.Zero, get in contact with one of the local dealers listed here or head over to the Dedacciai Strada website here.

If you like this bike and would like the chance to own one, vote for it in the Best Bike in Africa at the Standard Bank Africa Cycle Fair on 23 – 25 October at St Stithians College.

ccs-62657-0-35779200-1444380033.jpg

Comments

BenGraham

Oct 9, 2015, 9:34 AM

Wait what! Enduro gets an 8 of 10. I think they're overestimating this bike's credentials. A head angle of 72 degrees and a carbon rigid fork. You must be kidding. What the hell kind of enduro do they think they're referring to? Its not that you can't #enduro on a hardtail but frankly this ain't that sort of hardtail. Or am I some how ignorant. Did something happen in the world of MTB that makes this an 8 out of 10 enduro bike. Click features here http://www.dedacciaistrada.com/EN/skyline-3zero-29.htm

the nerd

Oct 9, 2015, 9:36 AM

Wait what! Enduro gets an 8 of 10. I think they're overestimating this bike's credentials. A head angle of 72 degrees and a carbon rigid fork. You must be kidding. What the hell kind of enduro do they think they're referring to? Its not that you can't #enduro on a hardtail but frankly this ain't that sort of hardtail. Or am I some how ignorant. Did something happen in the world of MTB that makes this an 8 out of 10 enduro bike.

Where does it say enduro? 

BenGraham

Oct 9, 2015, 9:37 AM

See above. Looks like a kick ass dirt roadie bike but there website is hirarious.

BenGraham

Oct 9, 2015, 9:38 AM

See above. Looks like a kick ass dirt roadie bike but there website is hirarious.

Couldn't add the image without adding it to an album. It all seemed like a lot of fuss.

nonky

Oct 9, 2015, 9:38 AM

don't let a minor things like facts get in the way of a good Friday rant !

Iwan Kemp

Oct 9, 2015, 9:43 AM

Wait what! Enduro gets an 8 of 10. I think they're overestimating this bike's credentials. A head angle of 72 degrees and a carbon rigid fork. You must be kidding. What the hell kind of enduro do they think they're referring to? Its not that you can't #enduro on a hardtail but frankly this ain't that sort of hardtail. Or am I some how ignorant. Did something happen in the world of MTB that makes this an 8 out of 10 enduro bike. Click features here http://www.dedacciaistrada.com/EN/skyline-3zero-29.htm

They are referring to ENDURANCE. Slight difference.

BenGraham

Oct 9, 2015, 9:56 AM

Ah. Yes I noticed the English on the site is a little shaky. I'm sure they don't really care. For what they're actually built for they do look impressive.

BenGraham

Oct 9, 2015, 10:02 AM

I don't know because their 71 degree head angle 27.5 bike is listed as 10 out of 10 for "Enduro". This is all a little suspicious. Someone at this company needs to have a look at some videos on pinkbike and decide if they've categorised their bikes correctly. If they mean endurance surely the 29er would come up tops.

http://www.dedacciaistrada.com/skyline_evo27-5.htm

Iwan Kemp

Oct 9, 2015, 2:27 PM

I don't know because their 71 degree head angle 27.5 bike is listed as 10 out of 10 for "Enduro". This is all a little suspicious. Someone at this company needs to have a look at some videos on pinkbike and decide if they've categorised their bikes correctly. If they mean endurance surely the 29er would come up tops.

http://www.dedacciaistrada.com/skyline_evo27-5.htm

Definitely only interpretation. Much like Tread's scale goes from XC-MARATHON-TRAIL-FREERIDE, labeling many a Trail and / or All Mountain bike as a "Freeride" bike. 

Not bashing Tread, just using their interpretation as an example. 

For reference:

TALUS

Oct 9, 2015, 7:22 PM

OK BG you win the prize for the biggest straw man argument this year. It is an Italian brand. They don't care about your English sensitivities. They mostly care about building awesome bikes for people that won't want to do Enduro rides on a full rigid bike. Fantastic brand. Yes I would love another one.

arendoog

Oct 10, 2015, 1:54 PM

Beautiful to look at ,but an ass killer for RSA coditions .I have a Santa cruz highball with fox kashima fork .Nothing compares when the surface is relativly smooth , but i hate every second riding veld and graspolle with it

BenGraham

Oct 11, 2015, 7:42 PM

OK BG you win the prize for the biggest straw man argument this year. It is an Italian brand. They don't care about your English sensitivities. They mostly care about building awesome bikes for people that won't want to do Enduro rides on a full rigid bike. Fantastic brand. Yes I would love another one.

I don't know if you've noticed but the fact is the bike hub has become rather a boring place of late. Everyone is afraid to say anything controversial. I can't figure out why and I figure stoking a few fires here and there might just spice things up a bit. I'm really quite agreeable in person but I do enjoy poking the proverbial bear online from time to time.

BenGraham

Oct 11, 2015, 7:43 PM

Double post

TALUS

Oct 11, 2015, 9:40 PM

Double post

Double like
Eldron

Oct 12, 2015, 5:00 AM

I do love italians: "Internal cable routing for the anterior and posterior derailleur"...

I'm so gonna use that in my next sales pitch... " you will see sir that the V2 Ritchey P29 has the posterior derailleur inside the posterior triangle.... "

NotSoBigBen

Oct 12, 2015, 5:12 AM

Anyone that doesn't say #enduro surely can't be taken seriously  :whistling:  

Robodog

Oct 12, 2015, 5:15 AM

I like the sentence which starts with "The rear disc brake cable..." and ends with "...fast purging oil change". :D

Add a comment

You must log in to comment