Promotions

Best Bike in Africa 2015: #11 Pyga Stage

· By Press Office · 81 comments

The Best Bike in Africa will be held at the 2015 Standard Bank Africa Cycle Fair on 23 – 25 October at St Stithians College, Johannesburg. The competition invites fair visitors to vote for their favourite bike at the Best Bike in Africa stand. All the entrants that vote for the bike that wins the Best Bike in Africa will go into a draw to win the bike. Leading up to the fair, we’ll be be revealing the bikes entered in the Best Bike in Africa. This morning we reveal the Pyga Stage as the next Best Bike in Africa hopeful.

ccs-62657-0-06606600-1445350018.jpgThe Pyga Stage depicted does not reflect the specification of the Best Bike in Africa build. See the specifications below.

The Stage is Pyga’s take on the XC / marathon bike, designed to be more comfortable and less skittish than other bikes in the category. The Stage achieves this with a longer and slacker geometry than most endurance race bikes, allowing for a shorter stem and wider handelbars, all working to aid stability and technical handling.

Pyga designed the Stage around the +FIVE chain line which shifts the rear end of the bike 5 mm towards the drive side. This centres the chainline improving shifting and reducing chain wear as well as evening the dish of the rear wheel making it stronger and stiffer.

The Pyga Stage entered into the Best Bike in Africa features a RockShox SID fork and Monarch XX shock, a Pyga carbon wheelset, SRAM X1 drivetrain, and a Kore cockpit.

Specifications:

• FRAME:FULL TORAY CARBON STAGE 95MM
  • FORK:ROCKSHOX SID XX 120mm
  • REAR SHOCK:ROCKSHOX MONARCH XX
  • HEADSET:CANECREEK 40
  • BOTTOM BRACKET:SRAM BB92 PRESSFIT
  • CRANKSET:SRAM X1
  • STEM:KORE AEROX
  • SEATPOST:KORE AEROX
  • HANDLEBAR:KORE AEROX
  • REAR DERAILLEUR:SRAM X1
  • SHIFTERS:SRAM X1
  • BRAKES:AVID XO
  • SADDLE:KORE FASER
  • WHEELSET:PYGA CARBON MARATHON29
  • TIRES:MAXXIS IKON
  • RETAIL PRICE:R 75,800.00

Check out the Pyga website here for information on the Stage.

If you like this bike and would like the chance to own one, vote for it in the Best Bike in Africa at the Standard Bank Africa Cycle Fair on 23 – 25 October at St Stithians College.

ccs-62657-0-52935200-1445350049.jpg

Comments

rouxtjie

Oct 21, 2015, 5:05 AM

winner winner..chicken dinner

You can stop posting bikes now admin, kinda pointless with this beast in the mix

Odinson

Oct 21, 2015, 5:08 AM

That top bottle cage has got to be seriously grippy to keep a full bottle in place when riding over bumpy terrain.

GrahamS2

Oct 21, 2015, 5:11 AM

This bike makes me want to do something silly with my wallet. But I'll miss my oneten29 too much!

NotSoBigBen

Oct 21, 2015, 5:22 AM

So it would seem that beside the seat angle that 'Cool'harvey's position is becoming more and more the norm? I can't actually get my head around the new style bar/stem length/angles ..... ag well I'm probably just old and decrepit  :blush:

I wouldn't say no though  :ph34r:

EmptyB

Oct 21, 2015, 5:27 AM

This bike makes me want to do something silly with my wallet. But I'll miss my oneten29 too much!

I hear you but would look perfect next to my One Ten though!

Gen

Oct 21, 2015, 5:46 AM

winner winner..chicken dinner

You can stop posting bikes now admin, kinda pointless with this beast in the mix

The Pyga guys were at the Berg and Bush. . I tell you best worst display stand there... I spent far too much time stalking th Stage Max and trying to think of how I would could break my bike so that I could ride one.. and then buy one..
cpelser

Oct 21, 2015, 7:36 AM

Crappy brakes. Should be Guides :)

DanielJhb

Oct 21, 2015, 7:39 AM

Stage Max would've been a better nomination...just saying

SCD

Oct 21, 2015, 10:09 AM

Where does one get a SID 120mm? Rockshox does not seem to have 120mm on their website...

Would be game for a Carbon SID without remote if it only was available in 120mm....

jcza

Oct 21, 2015, 11:05 AM

For that money might as well get a Spez 

JohanMalan

Oct 21, 2015, 11:48 AM

THERE'S MY HUCKLEBERRY!!

I would change the brakes and front tyre, but otherwise this is the faecal matter.

rouxtjie

Oct 21, 2015, 11:48 AM

slaan eerder my eiers met n baksteen  :ph34r:

Odinson

Oct 21, 2015, 11:51 AM

A similarly priced 2016 Spez Camber would wipe the floor with this Pyga on an XCO course or marathon route. 

jcza

Oct 21, 2015, 12:04 PM

slaan eerder my eiers met n baksteen  :ph34r:

Some okes pay good money for that 

rouxtjie

Oct 21, 2015, 12:16 PM

Some okes pay good money for that 

some youngsters that shall not be named is into that S&M kuk

But ja, point stands....similarly priced spez, slaan eerder my eiers oom

Gen

Oct 21, 2015, 12:21 PM

slaan eerder my eiers met n baksteen [emoji14]h34r:

Ja.. cause this happens .. on the plus side.. he whoever this bike was, he got to ride a Pyga for the rest of the Berg and Bush [emoji12] post-39623-1445430035,3123.jpg
Odinson

Oct 21, 2015, 12:27 PM

some youngsters that shall not be named is into that S&M kuk

But ja, point stands....similarly priced spez, slaan eerder my eiers oom

Grrrr...

http://www.eriksbikeshop.com/Assets/product_images/PR3E6005_mlg.jpg

dirtypot

Oct 21, 2015, 12:28 PM

Some of the other bikes so far in this thing have been quite nice, but this one looks like a clear and distinct winner.

I want it.  Bad.

Kom

Oct 21, 2015, 12:31 PM

Look at the brand of bike crossing the finish line in 1st place across the globe, then decide what is no.1, not some popularity contest based on the alternatives to the best ...

Spez247

Oct 21, 2015, 12:31 PM

Ja.. cause this happens .. on the plus side.. he whoever this bike was, he got to ride a Pyga for the rest of the Berg and Bush [emoji12] attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1445262923465.jpg

Frame looks intact.... did he taco a wheel?

I like the Pyga/s. Just don't know about the seat post angle... The gap between the wheel and the seat post also looks rather large.

Odinson

Oct 21, 2015, 12:41 PM

Look at the brand of bike crossing the finish line in 1st place across the globe, then decide what is no.1, not some popularity contest based on the alternatives to the best ...

His Royal Majesty of the Mountain has got a point. 

Didn't a certain Pfitzenmaier ride a Pyga Stage at this year's Magalies Monster? And did he not have his ass handed to him by some oke on a Spez Epic? 

Gen

Oct 21, 2015, 12:42 PM

Frame looks intact.... did he taco a wheel?

I like the Pyga/s. Just don't know about the seat post angle... The gap between the wheel and the seat post also looks rather large.

I have got no clue.. it was just a very pic

I spent a lot of time oogling those Pyga's both the stage and the stage max.. the weekend.. the geometry of the stage max is really well thought out. .I was picturing myself smiling and having a lot of fun on it.

Gen

Oct 21, 2015, 12:49 PM

Ha ha ha ha classic..that's the silliest thing.

Buy a bike because a machine of an athlete was riding it .. nothing to do with the athlete [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] .. can only be the bike.. wtf

Best rush out and buy a Scott xco bike cause nino is world champ.. and a giant Liv cause Prevot is world champ..

Horses for courses people.. you buy what appeals to you for the riding you intend to do..or enjoy doing. .

And on the marathon side better buy a Canyon because that's what Lakata ride or a merida cause that's what Gunn-rita dhal rides..both world champs

rouxtjie

Oct 21, 2015, 12:53 PM

right we have a live one guys....

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Gonna catch me a marlin today

Add a comment

You must log in to comment