When Giant released the 27.5 wheel size Reign last year, they didn't hold back. The Reign featured a slack 65 degree head angle, a roomy reach, wide bars and beefy 160mm suspension travel, making it a formidable all-mountain/ enduro ride. The 2016 model keeps the fundamental design but sees a range of component updates.
The carbon Advanced 1 model is decked out with Shimano's latest single chainring XT M8000 groupset. A travel adjustable RockShox Pike does duty up front while a Monarch Plus Debonair RT shock handles the abuse on the rear. The cockpit features (mostly) Giant's own Contact range including their dropper post. Wheels are DT Swiss M 1700 Spline with Schwalbe's Magic Mary and Hans Dampf rubber on front and back.
- SIZES:S, M, L, XL
- FRAME:Advanced-Grade Carbon / ALUXX SL Rear, 6.3"/160mm Maestro Suspension
- FORK:RockShox Pike RC Dual Position Air w/ 15mm thru-axle, Custom 46mm offset, OverDrive steerer, 130-160mm travel
- SHOCK:RockShox Monarch Plus Debonair RT
- HANDLEBAR:Giant Contact SL DH, 800x31.8mm
- STEM: Truvativ Holzfeller (40-60mm)
- SEATPOST: MY16 Giant Contact SL Switch Trail, 30.9mm, 150mm(XL) 125mm (M-L) 100mm (S)
- SADDLE: Giant Contact SL Neutral, Ti rail
- SHIFTERS: Shimano XT M8000-R, 1x11
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano XT M8000 11s (Shadow+)
- BRAKES: Shimano XT M8000 [F] 200mm [R] 180mm
- BRAKE LEVERS:Shimano XT M8000
- CASSETTE:Shimano XT M8000 11x42, 11-speed
- CHAIN:KMC X11L
- CRANKSET:Shimano M8000-1, 32T w/ MRP AMG Guide
- BOTTOM BRACKET:Shimano PF
- WHEELS:DT Swiss M 1700 Spline WheelSystem, 15mm front, 142x12 rear
- TIRES:Schwalbe Magic Mary 27.5x2.35" Snakeskin, TL Easy, Trail Star [R] Schwalbe Hans Dampf 27.5x2.35" Snakeskin, TL Easy, Pace Star
- RRP:R 67,995.00
For more information on the Giant Reign Advanced 27.5 1 visit the Giant Bicycles website here.
If you like this bike and would like the chance to own one, vote for it in the Best Bike in Africa at the Standard Bank Africa Cycle Fair on 23 - 25 October at St Stithians College.