Promotions

Best Bike in Africa 2015: Pyga Stage gets the vote

· By Press Office · 40 comments

For the second year running, Pyga Industries have been voted by visitors to the Standard Bank Africa Cycle Fair to have the Best Bike in Africa. Last year it was the OneForty650 Pascoe, this year sees the Stage take the title.

ccs-62657-0-55354700-1446207709.jpegThe Pyga Stage on the Best Bike in Africa stand at the Standard Bank Africa Cycle Fair. // Photo credit: ZC Marketing Consulting.

Specifications:

• FRAME:FULL TORAY CARBON STAGE 95MM
  • FORK:ROCKSHOX SID XX 120mm
  • REAR SHOCK:ROCKSHOX MONARCH XX
  • HEADSET:CANECREEK 40
  • BOTTOM BRACKET:SRAM BB92 PRESSFIT
  • CRANKSET:SRAM X1
  • STEM:KORE AEROX
  • SEATPOST:KORE AEROX
  • HANDLEBAR:KORE AEROX
  • REAR DERAILLEUR:SRAM X1
  • SHIFTERS:SRAM X1
  • BRAKES:AVID XO
  • SADDLE:KORE FASER
  • WHEELSET:PYGA CARBON MARATHON29
  • TIRES:MAXXIS IKON
  • RETAIL PRICE:R 75,800.00

For a full look at the Pyga Stage, head over to the launch article here.

The Yeti SB5c came in second with the Swift Evil Twin completing the podium in third.

ccs-62657-0-58912000-1446199560.jpgYeti SB5c.
ccs-62657-0-19181800-1446199560.jpgSwift Evil Twin frameset.

To see all 16 bikes that were entered into the Best Bike in Africa competition, click here.

The competition entrants that voted for the Pyga Stage will now go into a draw to win the bike. The winner will be announced on Tuesday 3 November 2015.

ccs-62657-0-63284500-1446199147.jpg

Comments

Gandalf

Oct 30, 2015, 10:15 AM

Well done to who ever wins this beaut!

awesme

Oct 30, 2015, 10:17 AM

AWESOMEEEEEEEEE

G

For the second year running, Pyga Industries have been voted by visitors to the Standard Bank Africa Cycle Fair to have the Best Bike in Africa. Last year it was the OneForty650 Pascoe, this year sees the Stage take the title.

Click here to view the article

Odinson

Oct 30, 2015, 10:19 AM

Called it.

EmptyB

Oct 30, 2015, 10:22 AM

Well done to who ever wins this beaut!

That will be me....

gtr1

Oct 30, 2015, 10:24 AM

Can't wait for them to deliver it :-)

Iwan Kemp

Oct 30, 2015, 10:25 AM

Called it.

Seems the majority did!

nonky

Oct 30, 2015, 10:28 AM

Patriotism over logic?

rouxtjie

Oct 30, 2015, 10:28 AM

arme yeti....

Mr X

Oct 30, 2015, 10:46 AM

Hah eat that Spez fan boys! (no more hijacking this thread Spez owners!)

"slaan eerder my eiers met `n baksteen"

Rouxtjie when asked to try a Spez

Iwan Kemp

Oct 30, 2015, 10:49 AM

Big up to Mercer Bikes who were biting at the heals of the Top 3.   :thumbup:

Bos

Oct 30, 2015, 11:13 AM

Maybe it should be called.. "Bike of the show".

Not that I don't think its a great bike, and probably is "The best bike". I just wonder how many of the voters actually rode the bike further than 10 metres?

Spez247

Oct 30, 2015, 11:26 AM

Good on PYGA. I voted Yeti, as I felt they were trying new things, as opposed to keeping to tried & tested.... Looks like I'll have to make peace with the Sworks....

Odinson

Oct 30, 2015, 11:27 AM

Imagine if the Me(h)rida had won.

Iwan Kemp

Oct 30, 2015, 11:43 AM

Maybe it should be called.. "Bike of the show".

Not that I don't think its a great bike, and probably is "The best bike". I just wonder how many of the voters actually rode the bike further than 10 metres?

You could "demo" quite a few of these at the Fair. The MTB's at least. Not like bombing the best single track in the world, but at least get a feel for it. 

Not the same, I know.

Bizkit031

Oct 30, 2015, 12:00 PM

Good on our SA brand,would of taken the Transition myself.

Stevovo

Oct 30, 2015, 4:17 PM

Congratulations. I rode the Stage Max at the show. I have to say that I enjoyed the bike a loooot!!!

roskii

Oct 30, 2015, 4:40 PM

Congrats Pyga :D Absolute beauty!

BikeGenie

Oct 30, 2015, 4:44 PM

Told you so....

SCD

Oct 30, 2015, 6:50 PM

Ok, does anybody know how much this frame weighs? For same reason this little detail is kept very quiet...

DIPSLICK

Oct 30, 2015, 6:59 PM

Must say sold my Santa Cruz recently. (Prematurely) after deciding it's been standing to long and it was simply a case of cruelty to my steed of choice over the last couple of years, I think that was my 4th or 5th Santa Cruz simply because I couldn't find a better ride and not from a lack of testing other rides,,,

So I was thinking maybe it's a sign, change is as good as a holiday,, TOP OF MY POSSIBLE REPLACEMENTS will def be a Pyga, I can honestly say I have heard nothing but praise of the product and back up

Edit

As I read my post I realized this is the hub, someone will post a link to a topic of a disgruntled hubber

Baaisikilist

Oct 30, 2015, 7:07 PM

Must say sold my Santa Cruz recently. (Prematurely) after deciding it's been standing to long and it was simply a case of cruelty to my steed of choice over the last couple of years, I think that was my 4th or 5th Santa Cruz simply because I couldn't find a better ride and not from a lack of testing other rides,,,

So I was thinking maybe it's a sign, change is as good as a holiday,, TOP OF MY POSSIBLE REPLACEMENTS will def be a Pyga, I can honestly say I have heard nothing but praise of the product and back up

Edit

As I read my post I realized this is the hub, someone will post a link to a topic of a disgruntled hubber

Just buy a new red Tallboy and stop this insanity...!

DIPSLICK

Oct 30, 2015, 7:18 PM

Just buy a new red Tallboy and stop this insanity...!

Had 2 orange ones

A blue one

2 black ones

A white one,,,,,,oops ok that's my lower grade maths talking that's 6

I think it's time for a change RED just won't cut it

blondeonabike

Oct 31, 2015, 2:05 PM

Had 2 orange ones

A blue one

2 black ones

A white one,,,,,,oops ok that's my lower grade maths talking that's 6

I think it's time for a change RED just won't cut it

Sho....don't know what you want? :whistling:

You remind me of my son...the other day he  asked for a peanut butter sarmie and when I made one and gave it to him he told me he changed his mind and wanted jam instead. :cursing:

DIPSLICK

Oct 31, 2015, 2:16 PM

Sho....don't know what you want? :whistling:

You remind me of my son...the other day he  asked for a peanut butter sarmie and when I made one and gave it to him he told me he changed his mind and wanted jam instead. :cursing:

Nope ;). Actually at first the orange ones were different and looked great, put enough mileage on that one, then decided time for replacement, the blue one was a frame replacement due to a cracked frame, (fire engine) rides that one now, if he still has it. Then I got a black one(chucky rides that one),,,,then a white one came up initially I liked the look, didn't last long AND THEN SC 2 so I thought it was obviously a sign that it was time for an upgrade :) I think that's the order,,, SC2 I had for a year and I am very embarrassed to say it had less than 3000km on it ,,,,

S

Who has the biggest selection, stock holding of PYGA in the gauteng AREA??

Add a comment

You must log in to comment