Win a Santa Cruz and help build trails with TokaiMTB

In partnership with Santa Cruz Bicycles, TokaiMTB is offering the chance to win a Santa Cruz bike from their lineup. As part of a national funding drive, each R150 that you donate to the TokaiMTB trail fund gives you one entry into the draw to win.

TokaiMTB Santa Cruz competition.jpg

How to enter

Head over to the TokaiMTB website here to make your donation to the trail building fund. For every R150 that you donate, you get an entry into the draw. The more you donate the better your chances of riding a new Santa Cruz on some great new trails at Tokai.

enter_button.png

The prize

Santa Cruz Bicycles supports similar successful fundraising initiatives around the world, enabling trail crews to realise their plans for trail expansion while fulfilling riders’ dreams.

The winner can choose any frame model and colour from the Santa Cruz range which will be fitted with a standard Santa Cruz build kit by Rush Sports.

For more details and terms and conditions head over to the TokaiMTB website.

Closing time and date for entry will be midnight on Friday 14th July 2017, after which no further entries to the draw will be accepted. The winner will be announced via Bike Hub and TokaiMTB on Monday the 17th July 2017.

308 Comments

Jewbacca, Jun 20 2017 03:22

Awesome competition! I'm just curious as to what a "standard Santa Cruz build kit" entails???

3x9 Sram... Juicy 3 brakes.... octo link cranks.... the usual stuff 

BikeGenie, Jun 20 2017 03:29

Me likey-likey! Hully up and buy! Only 10 dolla!

newbs, Jun 20 2017 04:34

Another good idea would be -

For every volunteer trail build day you have attend = 1 entry!!  

mrcg, Jun 20 2017 04:56

Well, without wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, if we could have the exact components of the standard build kit, it would be awesome.

PS i have entered already

T-Bob, Jun 20 2017 05:11

Well, without wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, if we could have the exact components of the standard build kit, it would be awesome.

PS i have entered already

https://www.santacru...ycles.com/en-ZA

All the bikes... all the specs... in the 'specs' part of each model there is a list of the normal parts on the left and column for 'customisation' where all the ENVE carbon sits. I'm guessing that everything on the left column is standard build. 

FCH, Jun 20 2017 06:01

I've spent 150 randelas on things with far worst odds!

trail - er - park, Jun 20 2017 07:22

Decisions ... decisions ... Nomad / Hightower ....?

What a nice problem that would be  ;)

In it!

mrcg, Jun 20 2017 07:48

https://www.santacru...ycles.com/en-ZA

All the bikes... all the specs... in the 'specs' part of each model there is a list of the normal parts on the left and column for 'customisation' where all the ENVE carbon sits. I'm guessing that everything on the left column is standard build. 

Thanks!

Although that nearly sounds too good to be true?!?

If i pick the Hightower CC XX1+ bike....that's a R128k bike right there.

Somehow have a feeling that wont be on'?

Hope I'm wrong. Let's see

:clap:

KingTJ, Jun 20 2017 09:33

..and if you don't live anywhere near the trails, you can still win.

attachicon.gifold.jpg

so is that a win-win situation?

Albatross, Jun 20 2017 10:02

Great initiative, I'm in....twice 

hansolo, Jun 20 2017 10:35

Jeez, proper prizes for a proper initiative. Whats the catch? Hightower for sure!

gazzacpt, Jun 20 2017 10:43

Holy moly what a comp, and I live 7km or a 10min cycle away from these awesome trails.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Pure Savage, Jun 21 2017 07:20

I hope the Stigmata is included. :P 

Entered!

Odinson, Jun 21 2017 09:13

Something's fishy here. ANY SC bike in standard build?! That can easily tick over R100k. 

Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), Jun 21 2017 09:41

I actually have no clue what I would even choose! I don't have a road/gravel bike and that Stigmata is a thing of beauty. That being said, i'm sure any other bike will crush my Anthem  :mellow:

Piston ZA, Jun 21 2017 09:44

From the website, from what I understand, the Standard builds look to be round about the R70-R76k range, with GX 1X11 and the C carbon frame

dirtypot, Jun 21 2017 09:58

From the website, from what I understand, the Standard builds look to be round about the R70-R76k range, with GX 1X11 and the C carbon frame

Not if you read the rules:

1. The prize is as follows: One Santa Cruz bicycle of your choice (any model, colour or construction without Enve rims) with a standard build kit. Assembly and construction are included.

That reads - anything as long as it's not got Enve wheels.  Any construction means it can be the C or CC frame and standard build kit should just be the standard drivetrain options that are listed on the SantaCruz site, eg: XT, GX, XO1 and XX1.  

I'm in two minds about this competition - in some ways I don't want to tell anyone about it to improve my chances of winning, and in others the more people who enter, the better my home trails become.  What a dilemma...

Piston ZA, Jun 21 2017 10:08

Not if you read the rules:

1. The prize is as follows: One Santa Cruz bicycle of your choice (any model, colour or construction without Enve rims) with a standard build kit. Assembly and construction are included.

That reads - anything as long as it's not got Enve wheels.  Any construction means it can be the C or CC frame and standard build kit should just be the standard drivetrain options that are listed on the SantaCruz site, eg: XT, GX, XO1 and XX1.  

I'm in two minds about this competition - in some ways I don't want to tell anyone about it to improve my chances of winning, and in others the more people who enter, the better my home trails become.  What a dilemma...

That's what confused me a bit too. Look, they could just offer the alu frame in lowest spec and I would still be over the moon.

Headshot, Jun 21 2017 11:14

Mmm, I wonder what I'd go for. Maybe the Bronson, but I also like the High Tower. Then there is the beastly new Nomad... Good luck guys!

NicoBoshoff, Jun 21 2017 11:55

Tallboy here i Come

NicoBoshoff, Jun 21 2017 11:55

Mmm, I wonder what I'd go for. Maybe the Bronson, but I also like the High Tower. Then there is the beastly new Nomad... Good luck guys!

They don't make 26'ers anymore bro!

Duane_Bosch, Jun 21 2017 01:34

They don't make 26'ers anymore bro!

Haha. I'm sure they could fish one out and dust it off for him.

Anyway Tim is part of Tokai MTB so he's surely not allowed to enter. That would be like Robert Mugabe winning the Zim Lottery.

......` Oh.

stefmeister, Jun 21 2017 03:18

Thanks!

Although that nearly sounds too good to be true?!?

If i pick the Hightower CC XX1+ bike....that's a R128k bike right there.

Somehow have a feeling that wont be on'?

Hope I'm wrong. Let's see

:clap:

It says standard build. 

There is a "S" build ( = standard build) option on all models, in the R76k region. You won't be getting a R120k bike.

Odinson, Jun 21 2017 03:49

It says standard build. 

There is a "S" build ( = standard build) option on all models, in the R76k region. You won't be getting a R120k bike.

Standard build V10 is R95k. 

mrcg, Jun 21 2017 04:21

So you're saying the little box next to each bike model is the build option?

R, S, S+, X01 to XX1+?

Well, if that's the case then i'll opt to pay the difference to the spec i want on it. Not so keen on a 14kg plus bike....or 13kg plus for that matter.

I assume that won't be a problem.

Interesting that there is no further comment from "organisers" to clarify - keep the thread and discussion i.e. marketing going?

No worries with that....gonna be a loooooong month :drool: :whistling: