Promotions

Win with the Absa Cape Epic Fantasy League

· By Bike Hub Features · 53 comments

Win a team entry for the 2019 Absa Cape Epic courtesy of Columbia Sportswear. Put your race insight, commitment, and luck to the test by predicting the daily and overall winners in this year’s Absa Cape Epic.

ccs-2-0-44613100-1520503710.jpg

How it works

The Absa Cape Epic Fantasy League is all about putting your race insight, commitment, and luck to the test. You’ll need to correctly predict daily and overall results per category.

• Submit your overall picks
    Pick your overall winning teams for each of the eight categories.
    Closing date: 6am SAST on Sunday, 18 March 2018.
  • Submit your daily picks
    Pick your stage winning teams for each of the eight categories, every day of the race.
    Closing date: 6am SAST on the morning of each stage.

You will earn points based on your picks. The highest points scorer on the day will win the Daily Prize, and the overall leader at the end will win the Grand Prize. Find out more about the points allocation here.

ccs-2-0-21789400-1520504318.jpg

The Prizes

Correctly predict the category winners in the 2018 race and you could win a 2019 Absa Cape Epic entry, courtesy of Columbia Sportswear, along with awesome daily prizes.

ccs-2-0-46405600-1520503702.jpg

Need some help with your picks?

Read Who to watch at the 2018 Absa Cape Epic for some tips and insights.

Tags:

Related posts

Comments

Shebeen

Mar 8, 2018, 12:49 PM

kiff!!!

nice work team

Roneblack46

Mar 14, 2018, 2:38 PM

Admin

Please double check - cannot find Jolanda Neff and Maja Wloszczowska as an option on the woman's list?

Nick

Mar 14, 2018, 2:40 PM

Admin

Please double check - cannot find Jolanda Neff and Maja Wloszczowska as an option on the woman's list?

They pulled out when Neff was injured in a cyclocross crash. She just made it back in time for the first World Cup but not yet ready for eight days of racing.

Roneblack46

Mar 14, 2018, 2:45 PM

Thank you

Matt

Mar 15, 2018, 12:11 PM

We've updated the teams to account for more changes in the Ladies category.

Candice Lill now riding with Amy Beth Mcdougall on Team Dormakaba (56). That means they're now eligible for the African Womens jersey. 

Matt

Mar 18, 2018, 7:00 AM

Picks for the Overall win and the Prologue have been locked down.

Who did you favour for today's Prologue?

Here are the top picks for the day:

Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 08.58.27.png

mlutz

Mar 18, 2018, 6:07 PM

Carmen Buchacher (riding with Samantha Sanders) is South African if I'm right. Epic results show her as international rider. Their team was part of the African Women's teams yesterday and today they are not. Please explain.

Matt

Mar 19, 2018, 8:47 AM

Carmen Buchacher (riding with Samantha Sanders) is South African if I'm right. Epic results show her as international rider. Their team was part of the African Women's teams yesterday and today they are not. Please explain.

Carmen is racing under an Austrian licence and hence is not eligible for the African Jersey competition. Initially she had been included on the official race register as a South African (and as a result within the Fantasy League), but this was corrected shortly before the race.

Matt

Mar 19, 2018, 8:54 AM

Here are the top picks for Stage 1... so far the Mens race might look a little different across the line.

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 10.48.04.png

Who did you pick for today in the Mens and Womens race?

Shebeen

Mar 19, 2018, 9:39 AM

if i'm right in saying

All the jersey holders won stage 1 too.

going to need some shakeups to make this interesting!!

edit: results for stage1 were incorrect on website when i wrote this.

mens

masters

have had a shakeup...rest seem to be business as usual

fanievb

Mar 19, 2018, 9:44 AM

if i'm right in saying

All the jersey holders won stage 1 too.

going to need some shakeups to make this interesting!!

cannondale in yellow after stage 1

Matt

Mar 20, 2018, 4:38 AM

Were you one of our lucky winners in the first two days?

Take a look at all the prizes and winners to date here: https://epicfantasyleague.co.za/prizes

Today's prize: Oakley Sliver Sunglasses and USN Product Hamper

usn-hamper.jpg

USN product hamper: Pro Enduro, CytoPower HP, VO2 Max, Trust bars, Bar-One Whey, Spike Sugar-Free, USN Socks.

oakley.jpg

Oakley Sliver™ sunglasses: A timeless sleek design made even more lightweight with sculptural reliefs on the earstems, Sliver™ takes advantage of our durable yet gravity-defying O Matter™ frame material while letting innovative technologies like XYZ Optics® throw their weight around.

nathrix

Mar 20, 2018, 7:24 AM

I don't see any winners?

T-Bag68

Mar 20, 2018, 7:59 AM

I don't see any winners?

Look where it Says Prologue on the left and Stage 1, it says winner underneath :thumbup: 

T-Bag68

Mar 20, 2018, 8:01 AM

There are some fabulous prizes there, Fingers crossed that I can land one  :thumbup:  More chance of me landing a price than there is a jump  :clap:

nathrix

Mar 20, 2018, 8:05 AM

Where can we see who got the most points for the day?

Shebeen

Mar 20, 2018, 8:13 AM

Nick/Admin

suggestion time - do you know what would be cool - for the future

You pick your team for the overall

you pick your team for the prologue

You then pick a team from stage 1 and could only make one change per stage.

do you know what would be cool - for the future

Fisan

Mar 20, 2018, 2:11 PM

Bump.

Suidwes Boytjie

Mar 20, 2018, 2:49 PM

I don't know where you can see who scored the most points for the day, but man i was close to fullhouse today... 

Scored 200 points out of the max 220... My prediction for the African Men's Jersey didn't succeed with the NAD boys today. 

All other... Spot on!!! Sitting in 66th after today.

nathrix

Mar 20, 2018, 4:50 PM

I don't know where you can see who scored the most points for the day, but man i was close to fullhouse today...

Scored 200 points out of the max 220... My prediction for the African Men's Jersey didn't succeed with the NAD boys today.

I’ve move up to 13th...lucky number 13 or should i rather say ƐƖ

It’s very difficult to make a prediction every day, some riders get sick or the legs are just not there, some fall out and then your overall is buggered, it’s actually bloody stressful for your nerves!

Matt

Mar 21, 2018, 9:39 AM

Bump.

We've added a filter to the Leaderboard page to give access to daily points & positions:

https://epicfantasyleague.co.za/leaderboard?result_type=stage-2

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 11.38.15.png

Matt

Mar 22, 2018, 7:09 AM

Nick/Admin

suggestion time - do you know what would be cool - for the future

You pick your team for the overall

you pick your team for the prologue

You then pick a team from stage 1 and could only make one change per stage.

do you know what would be cool - for the future

Nice idea, so if I've understood correctly you're saying make one set of picks for the overall win, then another set for stage wins with one change allowed each day (to stage win picks only)?

Shebeen

Mar 22, 2018, 7:34 AM

Nice idea, so if I've understood correctly you're saying make one set of picks for the overall win, then another set for stage wins with one change allowed each day (to stage win picks only)?

Yes sir, exactly.

After that we can work on a market system where you have each team worth a price, and you have a fixed amount you can spend on them....let's call that version 3.0

Shebeen

Mar 22, 2018, 10:44 AM

Day 1 - i was what Phil Buys is out, didn't change my picks for overall, FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK, should have pick GO NAD!

Day 5 - go you good thing julian jessop  :thumbup:

Add a comment

You must log in to comment