Canyon adds to Neuron family with lightweight CF SLX

With its 130 millimetres of suspension travel, the Neuron is extremely versatile and one of the most popular full suspension bikes in Canyon's MTB portfolio. With the new top model Neuron CF SLX 9.0 Ltd., the carbon version Neuron CF presented for model year 2019 now receives a remarkable addition.

MG_19_09_Canyon_Neuron_CF_SLX_2852-wp.jpg

MG_19_09_Canyon_Neuron_CF_SLX_9521-wp.jpg
MG_19_09_Canyon_Neuron_CF_SLX_2599-wp.jpg

From model year 2020, the Neuron CF SLX 9.0 Ltd. marks the new spearhead of the Neuron family. Outstanding feature: the SLX frame weighs only 2,280 grams, another 250 grams less than the SL. If the Neuron CF SL is already a very light and sportive 130 mm bike, the CF SLX almost mutates into a race rocket. Thanks to its top-level spec with Shimano XTR 1x12 drivetrain and brakes, FOX Float DPS Factory shock and FOX 34 Factory fork as well as DT Swiss XMC1200 carbon wheels, the Neuron CF SLX 9.0 Ltd. achieves a total weight of super-light 11.7 kg (size M). The impressive 250 gram weight saving on the frame is due to the use of special 40T UD carbon fibers, which at the same time further increase the tensile strength of the main frame and rear triangle. To pay tribute to this engineering achievement, the Canyon designers have given the CF SLX frame a very special finish: minimal coloured "Tinted Black" clear lacquer allows the pilot a clear view of the carbon fibre structures on the top tube at all times.

2020_frame_highlight_neuron-cf-slx_R_NRN M089 F CF SLX 9_0 LTD_IPU.jpg
2020_frame_highlight_neuron-cf-slx_R_NRN M089 F CF SLX 9_0 LTD_Kabelkanal URohr.jpg
2020_frame_highlight_neuron-cf-slx_R_NRN M089 F CF SLX 9_0 LTD_gedichtete Lager.jpg
2020_frame_highlight_neuron-cf-slx_R_NRN M089 F CF SLX 9_0 LTD_Boost Hinterbau-.jpg

Canyon Neuron CF SLX 9.0 Ltd. MY2020 _2474_bk-rd_P5.png

7 Comments

Schmorglebot, Nov 19 2019 02:43

Dear DT Swiss, please align your logo with the valve stem. My OCD can only handle so much

Jacquers, Nov 19 2019 02:53

That's really nice, I would not mind having one :)

BaGearA, Nov 19 2019 03:29

I really like the look of this, like really really

morneS555, Nov 19 2019 04:04

Dear DT Swiss, please align your logo with the valve stem. My OCD can only handle so much

what if I told you it is actually aligned lol? just using the "outside-start" convention instead of the "centred" one you are used to. i'm assuming they wanted the respective spokes to be centred with the three decals on the perimeter instead  ;). it just looks extra weird because the fool who installed the rubber still lined it up with the valve instead of the logo imo. 

NickGM, Nov 19 2019 04:45

what if I told you it is actually aligned lol? just using the "outside-start" convention instead of the "centred" one you are used to. i'm assuming they wanted the respective spokes to be centred with the three decals on the perimeter instead  ;). it just looks extra weird because the fool who installed the rubber still lined it up with the valve instead of the logo imo. 

Ja it's basically left-aligned. Which is the default for text in most of the western world. Like this very sentence. 

mountainfun, Nov 20 2019 06:47

Ja it's basically left-aligned. Which is the default for text in most of the western world. Like this very sentence. 

I love this... We're commenting on the valve and how the tyres were put on!!

The solution would be to have less writing on the tyres!

But i do love the bike! i didn't think 11,7kgs super light, but this is all mountain territory

splat, Nov 21 2019 11:46

Dear Santa

I haz been a really good boi this year 

Pleez can I haz this bike?

Thanks