Tech

Ibis announce the HD Generation 4

· By Press Office · 0 comments

Building on the success of the HD3 and its predecessors, the HD4 has been further revised and optimized for the steepest most aggressive terrain found worldwide.

ccs-62657-0-41466800-1496065486.jpg

Same name, new attitude

By slackening the head tube angle, stretching out the reach, and steepening the seat angle, the new HD4 is just as efficient as ever, but this time delivering a ridiculously stable descending prowess. Initial testing over the past year was conducted throughout Northern California’s most rugged backcountry trails, and most recently on the EWS Circuit in Madeira Portugal. This was the new HD4’s first appearance on the world stage, and its pedigree proved effective as the Ibis Cycles Enduro Race Team stood together on the top of the podium, taking over the number one ranking in the series!

The subtle modifications on the murdered-out iconic Mojo form did not go unnoticed and the forums exploded with chatter. Netting this sort of result from its first foray into world-class competition, it is apparent that the HD4 is here to deliver top results on the world’s gnarliest terrain.

ccs-62657-0-69012200-1496065483.jpgPhoto by Dave Trumpore.

What’s new in the HD4?

• Refined progressive geometry
  • 64.9 degree head tube angle
  • Reach increases across the size range (4mm on small, to 34mm on XL)
  • Seat tube length reduction and bore depth increase, allowing for the longest droppers
  • 30% stiffer upper link, 40% stiffer lower link
  • Increased progression in shock leverage curve for better big hit performance
  • Re-engineered carbon layup yielding greater frame stiffness overall
  • dw-link v5 kinematics, Dave’s most efficient system to date
  • Available globally in Fireball Red, or Anejo Silver & Lime

Local availability:

The Ibis HD Generation 4 will be in South Africa in September 2017.

For local enquiries about sizes and colours email: info@adventureinc.co.za

Here is what the Ibis Cycles Enduro Race Team riders had to say about the new bike:

The Ibis Cycles Enduro Race Team has just finished the 4th round of the Enduro World Series (EWS), competing in the Emerald Enduro held on Carrick Mountain in Wicklow Ireland.

With two personal best performances, four riders inside the top ten and the team retaining top overall status in the series, we are calling the debut of the Mojo HD4 in round 4 of the Enduro World Series a smashing success.

ccs-62657-0-04355800-1496066081.jpg
ccs-62657-0-62536700-1496066080.jpg

Photos by Dave Trumpore.
Team Captain Robin Wallner (SWE) had his best ever Enduro World Series finish in the race, finishing 6th overall. Before the race, Robin told us “The new bike is inspiring to ride. I felt like I knew what it was going to do as soon as I hopped on it for the first run. When the trail points down hill and thing get steeper, the bike is easy to move around, giving me that extra bit of confidence. After testing the bike for months, I am so happy we finally get to race it because it loves to go fast!

After the race, Robin, ever the nice guy, had this to say: “I am super happy that I was able to hold onto my best result so far today on my new bike! Had a crash on stage 3 and got pretty tired after that so I just let my bike do the job in the afternoon. Super stoked for my buddy Zakarias who got his first top 10 today and the rest of the crew for scoring the points to keep our first place in the overall team rankings.

Zakarias Blom Johansen (NOR) a new addition to the team this year, also scored his top placing ever in an EWS race, riding consistently fast all day to finish 9th overall. We also caught up with Zakarias before the race and he told us “The new HD4 really amazed me. With a slacker head angle and the longer wheelbase I felt right at home. The new modern geometry makes the bike super stable when you start picking up speed, and the grip you get in the off camber turns is still blowing my mind. The progression in the shock’s spring curve makes a big difference when you’re hitting the big compressions, while the small bump sensitivity is still there. This bike gives the rider confidence!

After the race, Zakarias was all smiles: “It was a tough race all the way to the end. With 6 super intense stages you had to be pushing from the start. I felt really confident on the new bike and my game plan was to have fun out there. I was able to do so and then ended with my first top 10 finish.

Anita Gehrig (SUI), half of the sister duo we like to call the “Swiss Twin Towers” finished today’s race in 4th, less than half a second off the podium. “I had so much fun racing my HD4 today, the Irish crowd was simply amazing. I can definitely feel an increased grip with the new geometry that helped me handle the slippery conditions.

Caro Gehrig (SUI) was right behind her sister in 5th. Caro told us “I should’ve listened to smart line choice advice from my sister and things might have ended even better… You learn some and you lose some! Stoked on how the bike performed today and that I could snag a few amazing stage results! So determined to make that podium dream happen this year“.

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment