Tech

Introducing the Year 10 Lezyne GPS Collection

· By Press Office · 37 comments

The Year 10 Lezyne GPS computers are packed with new features and exciting innovations. Each computer has been re-designed with not only advanced programming, but enhanced aesthetics. Along with computers, the addition of GPS watches highlights our expanded range.

Lezyne have taken the compact size of our GPS devices and integrated them into a modern, industrial athletic wearable; and the best part is that they have all of the features that our cycling computers possess. Big or small, all of our cycling computers boast excellent value and are loaded with incredible features. Pair one with your smartphone and enjoy turn-by-turn navigation, phone notifications and Lezyne Track (live tracking). Or, turn on the Strava Live Segments feature and go smash your favourite Q/KOM. All units provide the GPS necessities, along with the necessary ability of keeping you connected with your smartphone.

Year 10 Lezyne GPS Computers:

ccs-62657-0-99127000-1471978717.jpgPhoto: Sebas.

Super GPS

ccs-62657-0-59922000-1471978723.jpgPhoto: Sebas.

The Super GPS is an advanced cycling computer programmed with the latest technologies and interactive features. At its core, the device offers ultra reliable ride tracking by combining three forms of measurements, which when combined save battery life, track the rider, and measure elevation. Advanced data and training information can be collected when paired to a power meter, heart rate monitor, or a speed/cadence sensor through the device’s Ant+ and/or Bluetooth Smart connections. Furthermore, when paired to an iOS or Android smart phone and the free Lezyne GPS Ally app, the unit offers many more advanced options. The Super GPS can display incoming text messages, emails and phone calls, it uses Strava Live Segments, and employs the industry’s first (true) turn-by-turn navigation. Additionally, the display can be personalized to show just the basics, or all the bells and whistles, with up to five customizable pages to navigate. And its best-in-class battery has a runtime of up to 24 hours.

ccs-62657-0-24416200-1471978727.jpg

Micro Color GPS

ccs-62657-0-81250300-1471978705.jpgPhoto: Sebas.

The Micro C GPS cycling computer has a vibrant color screen to enhance the user experience while offering the same incredible features of the Super GPS. When paired over Bluetooth Smart to an iOS or Android handheld through the free Lezyne Ally app, the device offers turn-by-turn navigation, Strava Live Segments and phone notifications (incoming calls, text messages and emails). Furthermore, the Micro C GPS can simultaneously pair with Ant+ or Bluetooth enabled power meters, heart rate monitors and speed/cadence sensors. In addition to its pairing prowess, the unit’s data-tracking system is incredibly accurate. When recording, the device combines GPS and Glonass satellite data with information from an integrated barometer and accelerometer. At a feathery 29 grams, and a battery that can last up to 14 hours, this is the ultimate GPS computer for the data-driven minimalist.

Micro GPS

ccs-62657-0-92434500-1471978712.jpgPhoto: Sebas.

The Micro GPS is a highly advanced, super compact cycling computer. When paired with the free Lezyne Ally app (iOS or Android), the device turns into a feature-rich system offering turn-by-turn navigation, live tracking, Strava Live Segments and email, text message and phone call notifications. The Micro GPS can also simultaneously pair with Ant+ or Bluetooth enabled power meters, heart rate monitors and speed/cadence sensors. An advanced recording system combines measurements from GPS satellites, a barometer and an accelerometer for ultra accurate data tracking. Furthermore, the device weighs only 29 grams, features customizable screen pages and data fields and boasts a battery that can last up to 14 hours on a full charge.

ccs-62657-0-71048000-1471978731.jpg
ccs-62657-0-68925300-1471978735.jpg

The Micro C GPS employs all of the Super GPS functions, in a reduced size, with a vibrant screen that ads color to your ride.

Macro GPS

ccs-62657-0-85223300-1471978745.jpg

Featuring a large, sharp display, the Macro GPS is packed with many advanced technologies in an easy-to-use and affordable package. The Bluetooth enabled device can pair through our free Lezyne Ally app to iOS and Android handhelds, in addition to Bluetooth compatible power meters, heart rate monitors and speed/cadence sensors. When connected to a handheld, the Macro GPS provides turn-by-turn navigation, live tracking and Strava Live Segments. Furthermore, the unit has pop-up email, text message and phone call notifications. An optimized GPS recording system tracks all important cycling data, and a customizable screen with up to five pages lets the user see all the info they want to see. And a battery that last up to 22 hours provides plenty of juice for all-day epics.

Mini GPS

Super compact and lightweight, the Mini GPS cycling computer is loaded with features comparable to units many times its price. Its extra sharp display is highly visible for its size, and the device has customizable data fields and pages. It’s Bluetooth Smart compatible and can pair with Bluetooth Smart enabled power meters, heart rate monitors and speed/cadence sensors. Furthermore, it can pair with iOS and Android handhelds through the free Lezyne Ally app, which then provides turn-by-turn navigation, live tracking, Strava Live Segments and phone notifications (email, text and calls) to the Mini GPS. A super robust battery provides up to 10 hours of runtime, and an optimized GPS recording system tracks all the necessary ride data.

ccs-62657-0-56229100-1471978748.jpg

Year 10 Lezyne GPS Watches

ccs-62657-0-07771100-1471979649.jpg

Micro Color GPS Watch

Packed with all of the cutting edge features that our GPS cycling computers have, plus more, the all-new Micro C GPS Watch is a distinctly designed, wearable companion for multi sport athletes. Highlighted by a dynamic color display, the watch provides specific modes for cycling, hiking and running—including a basic lifestyle mode. With Bluetooth and Ant+ connectivity, the unit can pair with power meters, heart rate monitors and speed/cadence sensors, plus sync with iOS and Android handhelds through our Lezyne Ally app. When paired to the app, the Micro C GPS Watch offers turn-by-turn navigation, live tracking, Strava Live Segments and phone notifications (text message, emails and phone calls). A durable, comfortable TPR band secures the device, and a standard USB-port simplifies charging for over 100 hours (up to 14 hours in GPS Mode) of runtime. The integrated accelerometer calculates steps in the lifestyle mode, enhances GPS tracking and improves battery run-time.

ccs-62657-0-66890600-1471978742.jpg

Micro GPS Watch

The multi-mode Micro GPS Watch is a brand new wearable ideal for serious and recreational athletes. It’s equipped with Bluetooth Smart and Ant+ connectivity, which can simultaneously pair with power meters, heart rate monitors, speed/cadence sensors and iOS or Android handhelds. When synced with our free Lezyne Ally app, the unit provides navigation, live tracking, Strava Live Segments and phone notifications (text message, emails and phone calls). Furthermore, it offers a basic lifestyle mode in addition to cycling, hiking and running specific modes. The integrated accelerometer works as a pedometer, and also enhances data recording in its GPS modes. The Micro GPS Watch can run for 100+ hours (up to 14 hours in GPS Mode) on a full charge, and a standard USB-port simplifies recharging. A durable TPR wristband is comfortable and complements the watch’s modern, industrial design.

ccs-62657-0-12820000-1471978740.jpg

Comments

Pulse

Aug 24, 2016, 2:09 AM

Any indication on price and availability?

NicoBoshoff

Aug 24, 2016, 4:09 AM

Bought the previous model Mini GPS last month.  Very impressive bit of kit for the price I paid.

Taurus Blue

Aug 25, 2016, 5:23 AM

Where did you buy and how much was it?

Headshot

Aug 26, 2016, 9:41 AM

Ya, where can you actually buy these things over here?

NicoBoshoff

Aug 26, 2016, 10:32 AM

I got mine on CWC - they have some units still in the Greenpoint store.  The Sportsman's Warehouse also stocks them in their cycling department.

I got mine on a CWC sale for R1350, but the mini is usually R1999.  Mate got the big one at Sportmans for R3200 (more memory, bigger screen, bluetooth with your phone and Ant+)

HdB

Jun 30, 2017, 8:38 AM

I picked up a Y10 Super GPS yesterday, for about R2300 at the LBS. No sensors, but I had those already.

Probably not the prettiest or slimmest out there, but it is about the same height as my Bryton 20 so same difference to me. The Garmins and Wahoos are just too big a jump in cost, just to have even more features that I'm not going to use anyway.

It looks easy enough to use so far. With a firmware update out of the way, it was quick to set up most of the GPS's settings from the app on my phone.

I should have time tomorrow to go ride with it, to see how well it performs. Now just to decide what information I want on which page.

dirtypot

Jun 30, 2017, 9:37 AM

The new firmware update has massively improved this device!  The maps are easier to use for navigating now (always facing north was a mission to work out - now they rotate with you) and setup for the data screens using your phone is so much easier and less fiddly than doing it on the unit.

Overall I couldn't be happier with my Lezyne GPS.  It does everything that I want it to and the battery lasts a true 24hrs.  It's a great little device. 

ChristianS14

Nov 21, 2017, 12:48 PM

Anyone used live segments with their Lezyne GPS? 

HdB

Nov 21, 2017, 1:04 PM

I haven't tried the live segments. But currently the app crashes on every ride, for me at least, so I'm assuming it won't work (same as the notifications and live tracking).

robsc

Nov 22, 2017, 9:59 AM

Im really battling with mine (Lezyne Super GPS) . It just wont upload a ride via bluetooth . It does manually (which is a pain to do) . I bought this to make it easier , so far not very impressed . I do have the latest fimware 

HdB

Nov 22, 2017, 10:09 AM

Im really battling with mine (Lezyne Super GPS) . It just wont upload a ride via bluetooth . It does manually (which is a pain to do) . I bought this to make it easier , so far not very impressed . I do have the latest fimware 

I think the upload problem is with the app, though there are issues with the unit too that I hope they solve at some point in firmware.

I found mention on some other forum that a beta version of the app fixes the crash issue, which will probably fix the live tracking issue I have, and hopefully the automatic syncing. Who knows when that will be released...

robsc

Nov 22, 2017, 10:30 AM

I think the upload problem is with the app, though there are issues with the unit too that I hope they solve at some point in firmware.

I found mention on some other forum that a beta version of the app fixes the crash issue, which will probably fix the live tracking issue I have, and hopefully the automatic syncing. Who knows when that will be released...

Thanks for replying HDB. I found that the gps records the ride fine . Its just when it comes to uploading with bluetooth . The app sees the ride but it says " problem cant upload cant see the gps" or something like that 

HdB

Nov 22, 2017, 10:40 AM

Ah, different issue then. As the app crashes soon after starting the recording, after I stop the ride I have to wait for the app to be closed by the OS, then relaunch the app, and manually upload.

Do you use the live tracking feature? I should perhaps test turning it off, to see if the app doesn't crash without it.

Other than the current app issues (it worked perfectly a few updates back), and the rather annoying altitude bug, the GPS is great and tracks rides perfectly.

robsc

Nov 22, 2017, 11:08 AM

I havent tried the Live Tracking yet . I have a friend that has the previous version (firmware) maybe I must download that and try it ? Does the ally app version 1 not work on these ?

HdB

Nov 22, 2017, 11:22 AM

I havent tried the Live Tracking yet . I have a friend that has the previous version (firmware) maybe I must download that and try it ? Does the ally app version 1 not work on these ?

I have not tried it, but I imagine they will stop you from using the incorrect app for your device.

The v2 app is for the newer devices including the Enhanced Super GPS (they refer to them as the Y10 devices), and the version 1 app is for the earlier (y9) devices.

I sent their support department a mail about the app issue, IF I get a response I'll update

robsc

Nov 22, 2017, 12:13 PM

Thanks . I tried installing the version one and it doesnt work . Lets see if you get an answer 

HdB

Nov 29, 2017, 1:01 PM

An update, kinda.... I received a mail back, asking for information on phone, software version, etc. (all of which I should have included in my original mail, stupid of me)

Only took a week.

HdB

Dec 5, 2017, 2:22 PM

Another little update:

You can try uninstalling and re-installing the app. That might remedy it. If you continue to experience an issue, please submit a crash report through the phone when it happens.

We’ve made some changes to the code for calculating altitude. It should be in our next firmware release.

Since I've already tried re-installing with no luck, I'll just wait for the next app and firmware updates to be released.

Coolspin

Dec 5, 2017, 2:36 PM

Thanks for the heads up guys,

Not something will be buying right now.

Sounds like there are some issues with that device.

HdB

Dec 5, 2017, 3:06 PM

Thanks for the heads up guys,

Not something will be buying right now.

Sounds like there are some issues with that device.

Unfortunately yes.

It is SO close to being great, especially frustrating having experienced how well the app worked before.

HdB

Dec 10, 2017, 7:59 AM

New firmware is scheduled for release on 15 Dec. Let's hope it fixes current issues, without introducing new ones ;)

solty

Dec 31, 2017, 7:07 AM

Have these issues been resolved?

Thinking of getting one of these and the Live tracking is a major feature for me.

HdB

Jan 9, 2018, 3:50 PM

Nope. The update that was scheduled to be released 15 Dec, has been delayed to somewhere this month. We'll see.

Currently I don't even bother connecting my phone prior to a ride - it ALWAYS crashes when I start the ride, so live tracking and notifications don't work.

solty

Jan 9, 2018, 6:57 PM

Eish, that's disappointing.

Thanks for the feedback. Hope a fix comes along.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment