Tech

Lezyne GPS available soon

· By Press Office · 12 comments

The digital age has our lives connected through the internet and smartphones. Everyone is “plugged in” whether it’s for business or pleasure, and the need to be connected is now a way of life. In cycling, computers are also evolving. One unit can now display its user’s power output, speed, distance, heart rate, etc. through GPS and wireless technologies. It’s an essential tool for nearly all cyclists. At Lezyne, we wanted to combine these, so we developed computers that can pair with smartphones and all the important training devices. It’s the next generation of the cycling computer: Lezyne GPS.

Mini GPS

ccs-62657-0-61668000-1436349682.jpg

The elegant Mini GPS is compact, powerful and ideal for the cycling minimalist. Simply turn it on, press start and go for a ride. Essential ride data is presented on a sharp, easy to read, semi-customizable display and logged for later analysis. The display also features auto-scrolling ride info, custom lap presets and an optional auto start/stop function. An optimized GPS recording system stores up to 100 hours of data and can be easily accessed via flash drive technology. Rides are saved as .fit files for cross-compatibility with third-party interfaces like Strava and TrainingPeaks. Housed in a stylish aluminum bezel, the computer features a simple three-button operation and is micro USB rechargeable for up to 10 hours of runtime.

Power GPS

ccs-62657-0-12413300-1436349686.jpg

The Power GPS is a robust cycling computer which will sync with Bluetooth Smart enabled iOS and Android devices. Once paired, the Power GPS will briefly display incoming texts, emails and phones calls. Now cyclists can conveniently stay updated and connected with family, work and friends while out on a ride. A large, sharp display shows up to four data fields, with the bottom field formatted for auto scrolling or manual navigation. Accurate and reliable ride details are displayed courtesy of an advanced GPS/Glonass chip that receives both US and Russian satellite signals. Four buttons operate the Power GPS, and its lightweight design is enhanced by an elegant aluminum bezel. Furthermore, it is micro-USB rechargeable, runs for up to 22 hours and can record 200 hours of data.

Super GPS

ccs-62657-0-50706700-1436429367.jpg

The Super GPS is truly a super computer. It simultaneously utilizes ANT+TM and Bluetooth® Smart, allowing for synchronization with iOS/Android devices, power meters, heart rate straps and speed/cadence sensors. Notification of incoming phone calls, texts and emails (with actual message text) are displayed on the computer’s large, sharp monitor, along with power, heart rate and all other important ride details. Advanced GPS information provides reliable and accurate ride data and is easily navigated with four buttons. The micro USB rechargeable unit is secured in a chic aluminum bezel and can record up to 400 hours of ride info. Rides are saved as .fit files (compatible with Strava™ and TrainingPeaks®) and easily transferable via flash drive technology or through the Lezyne Ally phone app.

Local availability

Stores have just started taking orders for the Mini GPS. They should be appearing on shelves in the next few weeks. The estimated retail pricing for the Mini GPS is R1,995 while the Super GPS will go for around R2,895.

More information on the Lezyne GPS range please visit the website here or download the product brochure here.

Comments

Shebeen

Jul 9, 2015, 5:29 PM

Super GPS .did they really call it that ?!

shaper

Jul 9, 2015, 6:41 PM

Competing with the Garmin 20 and 25 by the looks of it

fanievb

Jul 9, 2015, 6:59 PM

I go cycle to get away from the realities of daily life.

Why in the world do you want to get emails while cycling????

Veebee

Jul 10, 2015, 6:26 AM

I go cycle to get away from the realities of daily life.

Why in the world do you want to get emails while cycling????

exactly that, but there's going to be many that get fooled by that... good marketing BS !

GlennH

Jul 10, 2015, 8:54 AM

Maybe they call it super because you have to be super if you are reading your email and dodging trees speeding down single track?

Mongoose!

Jul 12, 2015, 6:15 PM

Maybe they call it super because you have to be super if you are reading your email and dodging trees speeding down single track?

And as a roadie I was also thinking of that. E mails in traffic...eish

Bobbo_SA

Jul 15, 2015, 11:53 AM

And as a roadie I was also thinking of that. E mails in traffic...eish

Sorry officer, I was reading an e-mail while cruising through the red light...

Zatopek

Feb 16, 2016, 9:35 PM

I can't installl the 'Lezyne GPS Ally' app on my Samsung S3  - "Your device isn't compatible with this version"

I have Android 4.3 on my GT-I9300, it require Android 4.4 and up :drool:

Sigh... of to reseach phone OS systems again

Thermophage

Feb 17, 2016, 6:27 AM

I can't installl the 'Lezyne GPS Ally' app on my Samsung S3  - "Your device isn't compatible with this version"

I have Android 4.3 on my GT-I9300, it require Android 4.4 and up :drool:

Sigh... of to reseach phone OS systems again

have you NEVER updated your firmware? :| That's old :P

Zatopek

Feb 17, 2016, 6:41 AM

have you NEVER updated your firmware? :| That's old :P

sigh.. jaja :blush:  If it works (well) why play around. Just dont have time for the shite. Will get to it the weekend.

Told the missus this morning.. received an unsympathetic "so you old toy don't like your new toy"

Thermophage

Feb 17, 2016, 6:43 AM

sigh.. jaja :blush:  If it works (well) why play around. Just dont have time for the shite. Will get to it the weekend.

Told the missus this morning.. received an unsympathetic "so you old toy don't like your new toy"

Man it take like 30min and you don't even need to watch it while it's busy....Although is IS better to completely wipe it and start fresh to clear off all the old crap slowing it down :)

Zatopek

Feb 18, 2016, 7:35 AM

Man it take like 30min and you don't even need to watch it while it's busy....Although is IS better to completely wipe it and start fresh to clear off all the old crap slowing it down :)

It's done. It take a lot more than 30 minutes though - for someone that need to watch youtube videos on rooting, CWT, Odin custom ROMs etc. It would be that quick if you do this more often than once every year or two.

Time to play tonight

Add a comment

You must log in to comment