Lyne Components Shred Zeppelin: All-in-one tubeless repair tool

ALL-THREE-LOG.jpg

Tubeless tyre technology is arguably one of the most significant improvements to mountain biking over the past years. Although this technology is a massive improvement there is a good chance you have had a ride ruined by a tubeless tyre failure and not having the right tools on hand to fix it. For this reason we developed the Shred Zeppelin all-in-one tubeless repair tool.

Tubeless repair solutions in the past have been somewhat unrefined and required many separate parts to create a complete kit. Our goal was to design an all-in-one solution that would integrate all the required tools and could also be attached to the bike. The Shred Zeppelin has the same silhouette as a CO2 canister and is compatible with CO2 brackets and includes a tubeless plug applicator, tubeless plug storage, CO2 regulator and a valve core remover.

Tubeless Plug Applicator and Storage

PLUG.gif

If you unscrew the threaded end of the tool and thread it into the CO2 regulator side the Shred Zeppelin becomes a Tubeless Plug applicator. The tubeless plugs are stored within the body of the tool. The shortened applicator prong design prevents the plug being inserted too far in to the tyre. Simply fold over the tubeless plug after inserting it in to the prong, plug the tyre and pull out the tool, the plug is short enough not to require trim- ming.

CO2 Regulator

BOMB-2.gif

Unscrew the back end of the tool and the Shred Zeppelin becomes an in-line CO2 regulator. Screw in a CO2 cartridge fully to puncture the seal then push over the opened valve. Tightening or loosening the cartridge will regulate the CO2 flow.

Valve Core Tool

VALVE-TOOL.gif

Inside the threaded end of the tool is a valve core removal slot. Simply place the tool over the valve core and turn it to tighten or remove the valve core. It is recommended that the valve core be removed if a tubeless tyre needs to be re-seated on the rim.

Specifications:

Material: CNC 6061 Alloy
Weight: 47g with plugs
Functions:
  • Tubeless Plug Applicator
  • Tubeless Plug Storage (Includes Plugs) CO2 Regulator
  • Valve Core Remover
Price: R349
More information: https://www.on-lynec...ess-repair-tool

PACKAGED-PRODUCT.jpg

56 Comments

Markellis, Jan 22 2020 06:17

Very neat.

Bion, Jan 22 2020 07:01

This is awesome! 

Hilton., Jan 22 2020 07:20

Ingenious, lovely solution Lyne.

shaper, Jan 22 2020 07:32

Neat !!

hansolo, Jan 22 2020 08:08

Really neat solution!

HOEKVLAG, Jan 22 2020 08:19

I like! :thumbup:

Swift&Aero, Jan 22 2020 08:21

Brilliant! On my Wishlist!

ouzo, Jan 22 2020 08:57

very well thought out and well priced.

babse, Jan 22 2020 09:12

I'm sold... so simple yet brilliant! 

Hairy, Jan 22 2020 09:32

somebody/the designer at Lyne certainly has their head screwed on right with all the awesome concepts and products coming to market!

JohanDiv, Jan 22 2020 09:52

Nice!! But what will I use my Lyne Triangle Storage Box for now

Meezo, Jan 22 2020 10:26

Peanuts and raisins

Hairy, Jan 22 2020 11:03

Cake slices come in a wedge shape like that, may I recommend the flipping awesome carrot cake from Conters Dairy Shed!

DieselnDust, Jan 22 2020 11:12

Dear Lyne,

another great product but please please can you use titanium hardware on your Holy rail. My bolts are replaced quarterly due to corrosion. Please Sirs

Mamil, Jan 22 2020 02:25

If this is made of durable materials it will have a permanent place in my Camelbak

lechatnoir, Jan 22 2020 02:29

Dear Lyne,

another great product but please please can you use titanium hardware on your Holy rail. My bolts are replaced quarterly due to corrosion. Please Sirs

not the right place for this, but check it out... 

MintSauce, Jan 22 2020 02:36

This is one of those products I feel like buying simply because it is so well thought out and designed, even though I honestly have absolutely no use for it.

Well done!

DieselnDust, Jan 22 2020 02:39

Yip, Shred Zepplin, Stan's Dart, Ryder slug plug, so much to chose from so little money

gadi-perl, Jan 22 2020 05:56

Had my paws on this early on in the R n D stage, I knew it was a winner from Dayle and the team from Lyne.

ChrisF, Jan 22 2020 05:56

Pity it does not include a reemer ....

BaGearA, Jan 22 2020 06:16

Pity it does not include a reemer ....

Can't say I've ever used my reamers  :D  always just glued the plug press it in and off i go

PhilipV, Jan 22 2020 07:55

Can't say I've ever used my reamers :D always just glued the plug press it in and off i go

Plus one.
I don’t even carry a reamer on the bike anymore.

NotSoBigBen, Jan 22 2020 07:59

Can't say I've ever used my reamers :D always just glued the plug press it in and off i go

I don't even bother with the glue 😎

Kranswurm, Jan 22 2020 08:20

Plus one.
I don’t even carry a reamer on the bike anymore.

Never have

ChrisF, Jan 22 2020 08:22

Can't say I've ever used my reamers  :D  always just glued the plug press it in and off i go

December we stopped to help a gent on the Meerendal trails.

Hole just too big for the slime to work ... too small to get the plug in .... had to wait until another rider with a Samori Sword stopped.  One plunge with the reamer and in the plug went.

EDIT - think it is only the Samori that still includes a reamer ...