Sure, 10mm more travel might only seem like one small step—but coupled with a lower link-driven VPP suspension design this is one giant leap for the Tallboy.
It’s the kind of bike that makes you sprint while going up, along, over, or down due to the maximum efficiency of the VPP design and responsive, lightweight chassis. But because it shares the same engineering principles as our longest travel bikes, the progressive lower link-mounted shock feels equally at home doing crosscountry as it does in extreme-country. Paired with a 130mm fork the new Tallboy becomes ever more appealing to riders who like to open it up. And the geometry, that's a big part of what's going on...
Established theory suggests shorter travel bikes get ridden slower, therefore require steeper and more conservative geometries. In reality though, when was the last time you ever throttled back on a fun trail because you weren’t on a bigger bike? Caution to the wind and all that. So we’ve done the same here and mimicked our longer travel geometry to create a bike with a 65.5-degree head-angle, generous front center, and short offset fork. Something rarely seen on a bike of this ilk.
And the radical thinking doesn’t stop there. The Tallboy’s shortshort 430mm chainstays have +/- 10mm of rear axle adjustment to ensure riders of all sizes and styles feel equally at home. Match that to a relatively low BB (335mm and 37.5mm drop) and you’ve got a combo that’s ready to haul into every pocket turn and launch out the other side.
There’s no label that quite fits what this bike is. But the name Tallboy says it all. Have at it.
- Available in Carbon C and CC
- Colours: Rocksteady Yellow and Stormbringer Purple
- Travel: 120mm VPP® lower link driven rear travel, 130mm fork
- Compatible with 29" wheels
- Santa Cruz Reserve 27 carbon wheel option
- 65.5-degree head angle
- Adjustable chainstay length
- XS to XXL sizes
- Lifetime warranty
Build options and availability
- Tallboy C | S Kit | SRAM GX | Alloy
- Tallboy C | S Kit | SRAM GX | Reserve 27
- Tallboy CC | X01 Kit | SRAM X01 | Alloy
- Tallboy CC | X01 Kit | SRAM X01 | Reserve 27
- Tallboy CC | XTR Kit | Shimano XTR | Reserve 27
- Tallboy CC | XX1 Kit | SRAM XX1 | Reserve 27
- Tallboy CC | Frame-set