Tech

New Fox Metah trail helmet

· By Press Office · 12 comments

Fox MTB is excited to introduce the new Metah trail helmet. The first All Mountain/Enduro focused trail helmet in the line, the Metah features a deeper shell shape for increased coverage, a new Varizorb™ multi density EPS liner and superior airflow from our Big Bore venting system.

The Metah has been tested and proven by our elite team of MTB Athletes on trails around the world; the feedback they provided was analyzed and incorporated into the final design. The result is the most performance oriented trail helmet we have ever launched.

ccs-62657-0-86799700-1460041364.jpeg
ccs-62657-0-30713000-1460041365.jpeg

“The landscape of the trail riding market has changed and today’s all mountain and Enduro focused riders expect a higher level of performance from their helmets.” States Dave Ahumada, Global product manager for Fox MTB. “With the new technologies built into the Metah we have taken a huge step in performance to suit these needs while also incorporating the iconic Fox MX influenced aesthetic.

The METAH retails at R1,579 and is available at all Fox Concept Stores (Baywest, Canal Walk, Menlyn, Forest Hill & Gateway).

ccs-62657-0-56135900-1460041365.jpg

Fox Metah Helmet Q & A: Dave Ahumada – Fox MTB Global Product Manager

Why did fox develop this new helmet?

The landscape of the trail riding market has changed and today’s all mountain and enduro focused riders expect a higher level of performance from their helmets. As mountain bikes continue to evolve and the lines are blurred between the trail, enduro/all mountain and dh riding categories there is a need for helmets that provide increased coverage and protection while maintaining the high levels of breathability and light weight that trail helmets are known for. The Metah is the perfect blend of these attributes and hits the target for this important category.

Who is the target consumer for this product?

The metah was designed for the aggressive all mountain/enduro rider looking for an open face helmet that will provided increased coverage while maintaining the light weight, breathability and all day riding comfort of a trail helmet. Additionally, it is also perfectly suited for any level of trail rider looking for improved protection and performance in a trail helmet.

ccs-62657-0-05675000-1460041550.jpg

What were the influences behind the design?

The aggressive styling of the metah takes cues from the Fox MX heritage and combines trail specific functionality to give it a truly unique look. There is a sea of sameness on the helmet wall in stores today and our ultimate goal was to provide all of the performance features our athletes and consumers demand with a truly original look that sets us apart from the competition. We are
Confident that this new design does exactly that.

What are the key features of this product?

• superlight molded poly carbonate shell provides trail worthy durability while maintaining a light weight perfectly suited for all day riding comfort.
  • all new varizorb cone shaped multi density eps liner offers improved impact reduction by spreading the force of impact over a wider surface area.
  • the fixed mx inspired visor is strategically placed to provide maximum airflow through the 3 massive big bore vents which is then channeled through the varizorb eps system for superior breathability and moisture management.
  • our new dial actuated retention system provides a wide range of adjustability and single-handed functionality for quick as needed adjustments on the trail.
  • lower coverage on the back of the helmet for improved protection on the most aggressive trails.

Comments

Apr 7, 2016, 6:04 PM

yeah man - what a rad shred vid by two legends !!

Rick Sanchez

Apr 7, 2016, 6:11 PM

Really good looking helmet

DeanvZ

Apr 7, 2016, 6:55 PM

I need this lid in my life........

KarlvN

Apr 7, 2016, 8:09 PM

I be wanting one.

Rick Sanchez

Apr 7, 2016, 8:58 PM

Pricing isn't horrible either

Bizkit031

Apr 8, 2016, 3:40 AM

Looks good but visor is fixed in place and can't move higher up.

Robbow

Apr 8, 2016, 1:53 PM

Dialdbikes.co.za

R1495

Just saying

A.K.A

Apr 9, 2016, 11:22 AM

Just for the record its R1579 at the fox concept shop in canal walk

zappa

May 3, 2016, 2:43 PM

Read this, wanted one, bought one. The front of the helmet on your brow is so low that it bounces on my glasses. Moered the bridge of my nose properly and also pushes on glasses behind my ears. Found to be very uncomfortable.

New helmet in the classifieds shortly.

CAAD4

May 3, 2016, 6:34 PM

Pity Zappa. I used to LUST after the Spaz Vice, until I tried it on. Similar low brow fit. Thank goodness, as now I could never see myself with anything Spaz.

kader01

May 6, 2016, 7:53 AM

Read this, wanted one, bought one. The front of the helmet on your brow is so low that it bounces on my glasses. Moered the bridge of my nose properly and also pushes on glasses behind my ears. Found to be very uncomfortable.

New helmet in the classifieds shortly.

Will be checking and waiting for this

Iwan Kemp

May 6, 2016, 8:00 AM

I have been wearing one for a couple of weeks now and find it comfortable. It is on the small side with the S/M being quite tight, but still offering some adjustment. 

Add a comment

You must log in to comment