Tech

Olympic International launches new cycling shoe range

· By Press Office · 27 comments

Arguably the fastest-growing sport in South Africa, cycling has taken the nation by storm over the past few years with the estimated year-on-year growth of this industry believed to be in double-digit figures. Following this trend, leading South African footwear brand, Olympic International, has launched its new range of cycling gear to the public.

The company, which dates back to 1973, has released six new cycling shoe styles as well as cycling shirts, shorts and bibs to the active, out-going, adventure seeking individual. The technical and functional footwear offers the ideal combination of lightweight, waterproof fabrics and high-grip soles designed with your cycling adventures in mind. Designed for riders who are likely to spend lots of time on the bike, the range provides your feet with the optimum all-day cycling comfort.

ccs-62657-0-04221200-1453658751.jpgCrank R.

The Crank is a flashy entry-level shoe for the MTB rider who is just starting out. This shoe has all the necessary features and good looks to get you going. Weighing in at only 445g, the shoe features a triple Velcro closure system to ensure a snug and comfortable fit. The reinforced toe box offers toe protection and the reinforced head offers support and has portals for aeration. The breathable mesh/PU upper ensures a quick drying, light-weight and easy to clean shoe. A padded collar enhances comfort and ankle protection, and the inner sock is removable for easy replacement. A rigid rubber sole with mud clearing design offers excellent lateral support and is both SPD and flat pedal compatible. The sole is made in non-marking materials. Available in sizes 3 to 13, the suggested retail price is R949.

ccs-62657-0-65203800-1453658766.jpgTraction

The Traction weighs only 427g and is a rugged MTB shoe with the stylish good looks of a road shoe for the serious rider. In all black with silver trim, this shoe has all the technology you will ever need for a comfortable ride. The fastening system boasts two Velcro straps and an easy to replace moulded ratchet strap which can be removed for cleaning. The reinforced toe box and moulded back reinforcement offer excellent toe protection and heel support. The anti-slip lining in the heel area ensures less foot movement and a snugger fit. The breathable mesh/PU upper ensures a quick drying, light-weight and easy to clean shoe. A padded collar enhances comfort and ankle protection and the inner sock is removable for easy replacement. A rigid nylon rubber sole with mud clearing design offers excellent lateral support and has room to add two studs in the fore part. It is SPD compatible and will fit most other pedals. Available in sizes 3 to 13, the suggested retail price is R1 299.

ccs-62657-0-12682500-1453658770.jpgTread.

Tried and tested in all conditions, the Tread (406g) MTB shoe, with its futuristic look and technical features will not let you down. The GINIA – TECH KPU injection frame offers a seamless and light-weight upper, consisting of breathable mesh and easy to clean PU. The ATOP dial speed lacing system offers superior pressure distribution along the foot. The anti-slip lining in the heel area ensures less foot movement and a snugger fit. The toe box has a reinforcing cape for added toe protection and the inner sock is removable for easy replacement. A rigid nylon rubber sole with mud clearing design offers excellent lateral support and has room to add two studs in the fore part. It is SPD compatible and will fit most other pedals. Available in sizes 3 to 13, the suggested retail price is R1 499.

ccs-62657-0-17613200-1453658755.jpgRacing Road.

The Racing Road shoe at 292g offers futuristic design lines and is begging to get on the road to perform at top level. The GINIA – TECH KPU injection frame offers a seamless and light-weight upper, consisting of breathable mesh and easy to clean PU. The ATOP dial speed lacing system offers superior pressure distribution along the foot. The anti-slip lining in the heel area ensures less foot movement and a snugger fit. The toe box has a reinforcing cape for added toe protection and the inner sock is removable for easy replacement. The rigid nylon rubber sole offers lateral support and has aeration holes with mesh technology to assist in moisture release. It is SPD compatible and will fit most other pedals. Available in sizes 3 to 12, the suggested retail price is R1 499.

ccs-62657-0-55294900-1453658759.jpgShifter Road.

The 298g Shifter Road shoe is a stylish and light-weight mesh shoe with all the features you need to perform at your peak. The triple Velcro frontal closure system ensures a snug and comfortable fit. The breathable mesh/PU upper ensures a quick drying, light-weight and easy to clean shoe. The moulded heel guard with aeration portal offers both heel protection and breathability and the inner sock is removable for easy replacement. The rigid nylon rubber sole offers lateral support and has aeration holes with mesh technology to assist in moisture release. It is SPD compatible and will fit most other pedals. Available in sizes 3 to 12, the suggested retail price is R949.

ccs-62657-0-68595300-1453658762.jpgSpin Indoor.

The Spin Indoor shoe at 448g is designed specifically for indoor training. This unisex shoe not only looks good, but will also help you to perform at your peak. The dual Velcro frontal closure system ensures a snug and comfortable fit. The breathable mesh/PU upper ensures a quick drying, light-weight and easy to clean shoe. The inner sock is removable for easy replacement. A padded collar enhances comfort and ankle protection. The rigid rubber sole offers excellent lateral support and is both SPD and flat pedal compatible. This sole is also made in on-marking materials. Available in sizes 3 to 12, the suggested retail price is R899.

The range also includes state-of-the-art cycling clothing including cycling shirts, cycling shorts and cycling bibs, retailing from R699.
The range is available at leading retailers countrywide.

Visit www.olympic-sport.co.za for more info.

Follow Olympic International on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Olympic-International

Comments

Fisan

Jan 24, 2016, 8:25 PM

This.

ccs-62657-0-12682500-1453658770.jpg

My first MTB shoes were olympics and they lasted too long. The pricing is really good.

Hairy

Jan 25, 2016, 4:02 AM

Also owned olympics before, besides them being very comfortable, they also had a never die ethos.....best wishes to Olympic with their new range!

Shebeen

Jan 25, 2016, 4:24 AM

Great bang for buck. I think they're owned/distributed by Jordan/asics but you hardly ever see any rejects at the factory shop!

Tumbleweed

Jan 25, 2016, 5:11 AM

Olympics are good sellers, and I have recommended them to many customers over the years! Can't think of any comebacks on them. New stuff looks lekker!

nox1111

Jan 25, 2016, 5:33 AM

That Tread is looking really good.  If the weight (I'm not sure how they compare to my current shoes) and quality is good (and the toebox is roomy) that is my next shoe!

gummibear

Jan 25, 2016, 6:14 AM

I like the look of the Tread.

The Traction looks like a copy of a Shimano.

Matchstix

Jan 25, 2016, 6:18 AM

Looks lekker

raptor-22

Jan 25, 2016, 6:18 AM

I Hope they retained the wide and tall toe box of previous shoes. They really catered well for South African feet

RABUBI

Jan 25, 2016, 2:00 PM

no carbon sole model?

slakke3

Jan 25, 2016, 8:17 PM

ill take the tread in a size 11 thanks!

adogshow

Jan 28, 2016, 5:55 AM

My first pair were also Olympics which were pretty comfy (until I go a pair of Shimanos) but it did break apart at one point while hiking the bike.  The back up service was phenomenal, it's a really good product and with good service I think these guys will do well

Hairy

Jan 28, 2016, 12:45 PM

Not often one finds a product like this that is so well received by those who have used it!

Jan 28, 2016, 1:06 PM

I have been using the Olympics for years. They just go on and on. I walked up Sani Pass in mine when my derailleur broke 10km from the top.

lechatnoir

Jan 28, 2016, 1:06 PM

Where will these be available and when? anyone know?

ChUkKy

Jan 28, 2016, 1:24 PM

I have been using the Olympics for years. They just go on and on. I walked up Sani Pass in mine when my derailleur broke 10km from the top.

I like the look of these new ones, maybe I should give them a go...

Ive got the new Spez comps and cant say I like them at all, I still take my old vrot pair out first and put those on rather. They look like theyve been donated to me but they still strong.

Zatopek

Jan 28, 2016, 1:41 PM

Where will these be available and when? anyone know?

Ditto

Already available in CT? If not when..

Looking good!

Riaan H

Jan 28, 2016, 2:07 PM

I was heading towards Spez Comps but will probably rather go for a pair of the Treads for almost a grand less. The Olympics have a reputation for actually lasting too long.

Zatopek

Jan 29, 2016, 10:15 AM

Somerset Sport (Cape Gate & Somerset West) have stock.

I will go & take a look.

Zatopek

Jan 29, 2016, 7:25 PM

The 'Thread' is the same price (R1299) as the 'Traction' in Cape Gate. Got myself a pair. I think they look good :)

Grant B

Mar 15, 2016, 5:07 AM

Hi

Does anyone know who stocks the Tread in Joburg?

Grant B

Mar 15, 2016, 12:44 PM

I have managed to find an answer to my question. Mello Velo in fourways stocks them and if they do not have they will order for you. I also found them at Solomons in Woodmead. Very nice indeed and a good price.

NATHLW

Apr 26, 2016, 1:51 PM

Also try; Johnson Cycle Works, PROCycles, Wadees, Metro Cycles, Mello Velo, ......

Bizkit031

Apr 26, 2016, 2:12 PM

Good luck finding any in KZN the rep down here is useless.

Wolf Lyle

Jul 5, 2016, 3:07 PM

Picked up a pair of racing roads today . If they last as long as my old Mtb shoes I'll be happy !! Comfy so far ! Can't wait to take them out on the road

Add a comment

You must log in to comment