Tech

Pinarello launch Dogma F10 for 2017 season

· By Press Office · 92 comments

Team Sky will race on the new PINARELLO DOGMA F10 in 2017 as the successful partnership between the Team and Italian company enters its eighth year.

Lighter, stiffer and more aerodynamic than the outgoing DOGMA F8, the new DOGMA F10 will be used in 2017 season by the Team Sky and will spot a striking new design to celebrate Team Sky historical victories.

It follows in the footsteps of the DOGMA 60.1, DOGMA 2, DOGMA 65.1, DOGMA F8, DOGMA K8-S and DOGMA F8 XLight – all of which have powered Team Sky to major success, including all four of Team Sky’s Tour de France victories.

ccs-62657-0-03611200-1484077098.jpeg

The DOGMA F10 frame weights 820 grams, 6.3% less than DOGMA F8 (875 grams) and it is 7% stiffer, while the geometry remains the same achieving all the major goals that Pinarello set out at the start of the development process: – weight + aerodynamics + stiffness and same Pinarello handling.

Drag has been reduced around the new concave down tube by 12.6% while modifications to the ForkFlap dropouts, in line with the work done on the Pinarello Bolide TT, have reduced drag in that area by up to 10%.

ccs-62657-0-22715600-1484077097.jpeg

I’ve always valued the way Pinarello works so closely with the team and the riders. It’s a true partnership. They make sure they are providing us with the best possible equipment for all types of racing. They are always seeking to go one better and that’s what they’ve done with the DOGMA F10. I’ve been working on the new DOGMA F10 with Pinarello for a long time now and so I’m really looking forward to starting my season on it. It’s a natural born winner.
Chris Froome

The junction of the new Shimano DuraAce Di2 will also be integrated into the down tube, making it easily accessible for adjust- ment, while all cables will be internally routed. DOGMA F10 is in any case compatible with all groupsets available on the market. The higher stiffness has come from further revolutionary developments in Pinarello’s asymmetric frame designs. Using the material Torayca T1100 1K, that ensures the highest tensile strength in the world, the frame is built to optimally counteract the asymmetric forces put through the bike, providing a stiffer and more balanced ride.

ccs-62657-0-86766600-1484077098.jpeg

The partnership between Team Sky, which was extended for a further 4 years in 2016, has always been based on genuine col- laboration, and con rmed once again by developing of the new DOGMA F10. After being extensively fatigue and crash tested, the bike was ridden for the rst time by three time Tour de France winner Chris Froome, who gave Pinarello extremely positive and helpful feedback in the nal stages of the DOGMA F10’s development.

Comments

Madone69

Jan 10, 2017, 7:41 PM

And do not forget the pending legal action due to patent infringements of the design

LOOK695

Jan 10, 2017, 7:43 PM

Wow, the headtube- steerer looks unfinished with the gaps and fork which looks like it sits skew in the headtube

Patchelicious

Jan 10, 2017, 7:48 PM

Is Pinarello owned by Microsoft or something? What happened to the F9?

Breezer

Jan 10, 2017, 7:52 PM

Same with cannondale, they skipped the caad 11
TALUS

Jan 10, 2017, 7:52 PM

No real wow-factor.

Slowbee

Jan 10, 2017, 7:56 PM

when i first joined the hub, the pinarello prince was the bike to own.

man I still dream of riding a prince one day even though they dont make them anymore (the dogma dont count)

Patchelicious

Jan 10, 2017, 7:57 PM

Same with cannondale, they skipped the caad 11

Cannondale owned by Lucas Films?
Patchelicious

Jan 10, 2017, 7:59 PM

snip

*man I still dream of riding a prince one day*

????????????

Slowbee

Jan 10, 2017, 8:01 PM

just not in purple pls

'Dale

Jan 10, 2017, 8:21 PM

Something about the F8 Disc being the '9'

'Dale

Jan 10, 2017, 8:23 PM

It'll be fitted with the new Di2 from Shimano

Impressive stuff

Probably 250.000 ????????????

Kalahari Vegmot

Jan 10, 2017, 8:38 PM

Eish. It feels like yesterday the F8 was introduced...

The manufacturers are moving waaaaaaaay to fast for my taste; build your dream bike today, in a year it'll be old...

LOOK695

Jan 10, 2017, 8:41 PM

It'll be fitted with the new Di2 from Shimano

Impressive stuff

Probably 250.000 ????????????

Or wait for the far east model, way cheaper????????????
Jaco-fiets

Jan 10, 2017, 8:42 PM

I love almost all things Italian but I have to say Pinarello probably is the bike brand that gets me least exited

Also don't understand why they kit it out with shimano. It just seems wrong putting it on a Italian brand frame

NotSoBigBen

Jan 11, 2017, 4:20 AM

Maybe I'm old school but I don't really like that almost wrong way round fork design .....

Robo

Jan 11, 2017, 4:38 AM

Not my taste either, only thing to buy after riding Pina is a walking ring, old ballie bike ????

eccc whippet

Jan 11, 2017, 4:46 AM

Unless it is for aero reasons...I don't see why they couldn't finish it off like the trek...the fork brake setup all fits into place on the trek...the f10 looks like the fork is the wrong way and the just doesn't fit.

The little piece behind the seat post looks like they weren't sure if it was gona get a spoiler or should rounded off to blend with the rest of the frame...trek got it right.

If I had the Bucks I would be riding a trek like this with sram wireless...just not in red...would go in for a custom spray job.

And a black for patch

f4fe6bfb8f126e53b61768670c0ffdbc.jpg6ae34f5404b9a20ee4044dfab6b3633b.jpg

Patchelicious

Jan 11, 2017, 5:25 AM

Unless it is for aero reasons...I don't see why they couldn't finish it off like the trek...the fork brake setup all fits into place on the trek...the f10 looks like the fork is the wrong way and the just doesn't fit.

The little piece behind the seat post looks like they weren't sure if it was gona get a spoiler or should rounded off to blend with the rest of the frame...trek got it right.

If I had the Bucks I would be riding a trek like this with sram wireless...just not in red...would go in for a custom spray job.

5cb1db900eacda62e8daccb279e21e1b.jpg

Looks like it was left out in the sun too long.
VicanZA

Jan 11, 2017, 5:42 AM

As the once great lance said it's not about the bike, I would love to see team sky on over the counter stuff and I'm not referring to the pharmacy.

Sarge

Jan 11, 2017, 5:47 AM

Hi,

This Pino might be all what you guys say, but it is still very pretty and desirable.

Regards and all the best for 2017,

Sarge

Patchelicious

Jan 11, 2017, 6:32 AM

As the once great lance said it's not about the bike, I would love to see team sky on over the counter stuff and I'm not referring to the pharmacy.

And the other teams?

coppi

Jan 11, 2017, 6:46 AM

I love almost all things Italian but I have to say Pinarello probably is the bike brand that gets me least exited

Also don't understand why they kit it out with shimano. It just seems wrong putting it on a Italian brand frame

Exactly, It irritates me also.

That is why I only ride Bianchi. Lots of history and tradition there, classy and most importantly campagniolo!

coppi

Jan 11, 2017, 6:47 AM

Maybe I'm old school but I don't really like that almost wrong way round fork design .....

I also find it ugly.......
Flippa

Jan 11, 2017, 7:02 AM

Exactly, It irritates me also.

That is why I only ride Bianchi. Lots of history and tradition there, classy and most importantly campagniolo Campagnolo!

You're welcome......

Add a comment

You must log in to comment