RockShox launches stiffest SID yet with 120mm travel

RockShox today announced two all-new SID SL and SID cross-country forks and a race-focused SIDLuxe shock.

There is a somewhat revived model naming convention to differentiate the two new chassis. The SID SL model features a lightweight chassis with 100mm travel and 32mm upper tube measurements and a claimed weight of 1326g. The SID model promises to be more capable on the trails with longer 120mm travel and stiffer 35mm upper tubes. The bigger chassis does weigh a couple hundred grams more at 1537g.

Discover all the technical details about the new SIDs and SIDLuxe shock in the press release below.

Press Release

The world’s most winningest XC fork is charging back to the podium with new capabilities and two superfast new siblings. SID got swoll; we beefed it up to tackle more super-fun terrain. The new SID SL is light, slanky, and fast AF, crushing quick courses and fast tracks. Last but not least, the new SIDLuxe is a thoroughbred rear shock engineered to win races and compliment our SID forks. The SID family has something for every XC rider. Whatever the course, there’s a SID to get you there.

RockShox SID 6.png

A New Damper Built For Speed: Charger Race Day Damper

A new damper built for speed. Our lightest production damper. Ever. Performance packed with a rock-solid lockout to power up climbs and smash through sprint finishes.

A New DebonAir

New DebonAir air spring is tuned specifically to meet the demands of XC and maintains a higher ride height for increased confidence and control.

Maxima Plush Fluid

Developed with the world’s fastest racers, on the world’s toughest circuits. Maxima Plush Fluid is designed to protect from suspension wear, reduce friction, and silence damper noise while maintaining a consistent feel in all temperatures.

SKF Wiper Seals

Everyone loves a good collaboration, which is why we’ve been working with SKF, the world’s highest-performance seal manufacturer, for over 5 years. Together we’ll provide ultra-low friction wiper seals, less fatigue, and unmatched suspension feel, all while keeping the dirt where it belongs—because no one wants dirt in there.

TwistLoc

It’s tough to find space for a remote that looks good and lets the rider maintain full control. Enter TwistLoc. Twist to lock, push the button to unlock—on forks, rear shocks, or both in tandem. With a consistent grip size and light-touch action, TwistLoc maximises efficiency while keeping your hand safely on the bar.

SID SL

When you absolutely, positively need to go as fast as possible, SID SL is your weapon of choice. It’s a laser-focused fork perfect for crushing quick courses and fast tracks. And though it weighs next to nil, it stays satisfyingly active through every millimetre of travel. Give your fingertips a break with our TwistLoc™ remote that goes from open to lockout in a single effortless click. Everything is streamlined, efficient, and oh-so-very-fast.

FS-SIDS-ULT-C1_c_GlossBlack_3q.png
FS-SIDS-ULT-C1_c_GlossBlack_Front.png
FS-SIDS-ULT-C1_c_GlossBlack_Side.png

SID SL Ultimate (FS-SIDS-ULT-C1)

The lightest, fastest fork of 2020, full stop. With SID SL Ultimate, we added our new Charger Race Day damper, machined away every extra gram, and made premium style plays.

Specifications:

• Wheel size: 29"
  • Travel: 100mm
  • Damper: Charger Race Day
  • Offset: 44mm
  • Upper tube: 32mm straight wall aluminium
  • Weight: 1326g
Features:
  • Entirely new 32mm chassis engineered to eliminate as much weight as possible, when every gram matters
  • New Charger Race Day Damper—our lightest production damper with rock-solid lockout
  • New DebonAir air spring is tuned specifically to meet the demands of XC and maintains a higher ride height for increased confidence and control
  • New Ultra-low friction SKF wiper seals provide long lasting fork performance and improve overall suspension feel
  • Maxima Plush damping fluid reduces friction and silences damper noise
  • Machined/anodized crown
  • Signature SID Blue and Ultimate High Gloss Black colourways
  • Ultimate foil graphics package
  • Remote options include TwistLoc remote

SID SL Select (FS-SIDS-SEL-C1)

A race ready package, SID SL Select comes with the Charger RL damper, proven for the start line.

Specifications:

• Travel: 100mm
  • Damper: Charger RL
  • Upper tube: 32mm straight wall aluminium
  • Weight: 1468g
Features:
  • Entirely new 32mm chassis engineered to eliminate as much weight as possible, when every gram matters
  • New DebonAir air spring is tuned specifically to meet the demands of XC and maintains a higher ride height for increased confidence and control
  • New Ultra-low friction SKF wiper seals provide long lasting fork performance and improve overall suspension feel
  • Proven Charger RL damper provides smooth performance and a rock-solid lockout

SID

You’re gonna go fast, and you’re gonna have fun. We’ve re-balanced SID, beefing up its strength to match its speed. It’s the perfect fork for a new generation of more capable XC bikes, keeping riders ready for whatever’s down course. Rock gardens? Sure. Jumps? Why not. Wherever XC riders want to go, SID is already there.

FS-SID-ULT-C1_c_120mm_Fender_GlossBlue_3q.png
FS-SID-ULT-C1_c_120mm_GlossBlue_Front.png
FS-SID-ULT-C1_c_120mm_GlossBlue_Side.png

SID Ultimate (FS-SID-ULT-C1)

Riding SID Ultimate means every detail is considered. Packed in an all new chassis, the new Charger Race Day damper is our lightest yet. Perfectly balanced for the speed needs of XC.

Specifications:

• Travel: 120mm
  • Damper: Charger Race Day
  • Upper tube: 35mm tapered wall aluminium
  • Weight: 1537g
Features:
  • Added boost of confidence. An entirely new 35mm chassis optimized to be satisfyingly stiff and eliminate as much weight as possible
  • New Charger Race Day Damper—our lightest production damper with rock-solid lockout
  • Machined/anodized crown
  • New short fender compatibility. Includes RockShox branded 2-bolt short fender
  • Signature SID Blue and Ultimate High Gloss Black colourways

SID Select (FS-SID-SEL-C1)

SID Select uses the Charger RL damper, proven ready for a new generation of more capable XC bikes.

Specifications:

• Travel: 120mm
  • Damper: Charger RL
  • Upper tube: 35mm tapered wall aluminium
  • Weight: 1671g
Features:
  • Added boost of confidence. An entirely new 35mm chassis optimized to be satisfyingly stiff and eliminate as much weight as possible
  • Proven Charger RL damper provides smooth performance and a rock-solid lockout
  • New short fender compatibility. Includes RockShox branded 2-bolt short fender

The SIDLuxe

The SIDLuxe is a rear shock with one thing on its mind: speed. We designed it for racers, but anyone can ride it. It’s lighter than other rear shocks and pairs perfectly with SID and SID SL to give your bike a more balanced ride. Finally: a shock that can hang with the world’s fastest forks.

RS-SIDL-ULT-A1_c_RLR_Blue_Front.png
RS-SIDL-ULT-A1_c_Black_3q.png
RS-SIDL-ULT-A1‌_d_Spring.png

SIDLuxe Ultimate (RS-SIDL-ULT-A1)

Riding SIDLuxe Ultimate means every detail is considered; performance packed with chiseled good looks, a Signature Blue colourway and premium foil graphics. Available as part of AM Rear Shock Program. Weight: 227g

Features:

• New XC-focused lightweight design delivering premium performance and efficiency
  • Comfortable damping in open mode with low High Speed Compression
  • A match made in heaven, designed to compliment the feel of SID/SID SL
  • Equipped with two
  • Decal options: Ultimate
  • High Gloss Black and Signature SID Blue

23 Comments

Hairy, Mar 17 2020 04:10

hello 35mm stanchioned x 120mm travel SID you lovely thing!

sirmoun10goat, Mar 17 2020 04:48

i guess we are going to see epic evo's being fitted with this going forward

Monark, Mar 17 2020 05:38

I bet the price is prohibitive

babse, Mar 17 2020 08:05

Wishlisted!!!

WrightJnr, Mar 17 2020 08:16

Queue every single Rockshox sponsored athlete telling the world how this is..........wait for it....”the BEST fork they have EVER ridden”

I’m sure it’s fantastic but the scripted corporate drivel ruins new products for me.

hansolo, Mar 17 2020 09:07

This was obviously supposed to be launched at the Epic. Seems like the Scott boys have been riding around with them in plain sight all along.

sirmoun10goat, Mar 17 2020 09:25

Queue every single Rockshox sponsored athlete telling the world how this is..........wait for it....”the BEST fork they have EVER ridden”

I’m sure it’s fantastic but the scripted corporate drivel ruins new products for me.

Didn't they all say that about the RS-1, while at the same time complain about weight and stiffness (or lack thereof) and requiring a special hub?

I do believe this may be the best from RS for it's intended purpose

Super Sywurm, Mar 17 2020 09:42

When does CWC have another 'What do you want' sale?

Grease_Monkey, Mar 18 2020 07:06

Did they put it on a vegan diet?

DieselnDust, Mar 18 2020 07:09

I bet the price is prohibitive

• SID SL Ultimate – 1,326g – $799-869 / €869-949 / £779-849
  • SID SL Select – 1,468g – $599-669 / €649-729 / £579-649
  • SID Ultimate -1,537g – $899-969 / €979-1,059 /| £869-949
  • SID Select – 1,671g – $699-769 / €759-839 / £679-749

Looks to be cheaper than the outgoing Ultimate carbon for less weight

Fond_TF2, Mar 18 2020 07:13

• SID SL Ultimate – 1,326g – $799-869 / €869-949 / £779-849
  • SID SL Select – 1,468g – $599-669 / €649-729 / £579-649
  • SID Ultimate -1,537g – $899-969 / €979-1,059 /| £869-949
  • SID Select – 1,671g – $699-769 / €759-839 / £679-749

Looks to be cheaper than the outgoing Ultimate carbon for less weight

Guess in SA terms, will be looking in and around the 20k mark taking our tanking rand and other duties into consideration.

ivan888, Mar 18 2020 07:34

Another item I can’t afford. Best to wait for the 2021 fork because that will be even lighter and more plush.

MrJacques, Mar 18 2020 08:29

Nice. Most of the older SIDs were way too flexy. I wonder if the Reba will get the same treatment.

DieselnDust, Mar 18 2020 08:39

Nice. Most of the older SIDs were way too flexy. I wonder if the Reba will get the same treatment

SiD usually brings in the new manufacturing and chassis tech which then cascades across the range.

So I guess the ReBA is next.

Funny thing is S.I.D is an Acronym for Superlight Intergrated Design so now the SuperLight Integrated Design SuperLight is the superlight option  :eek:.

I'l still take one though especiallynow that it has an Alloy crown and steerer. I gues in two years time they will re-introduce the carbon crown and steerer with graphene to make the SID SL SLC Ultimate

Hairy, Mar 18 2020 09:22

SiD usually brings in the new manufacturing and chassis tech which then cascades across the range.

So I guess the ReBA is next.

Funny thing is S.I.D is an Acronym for Superlight Intergrated Design so now the SuperLight Integrated Design SuperLight is the superlight option  :eek:.

I'l still take one though especiallynow that it has an Alloy crown and steerer. I gues in two years time they will re-introduce the carbon crown and steerer with graphene to make the SID SL SLC Ultimate

They would never give the new SID with carbon crown such a long name ... all that printing required on the sticker would push the fork into "enduro" fork weights!

ivan888, Mar 19 2020 11:49

I’m not actually going to wait for the 2021 fork, I have now decided to wait for the 2022 fork because that is going to be even lighter and stiffer than the 2021 fork which is going to be lighter and stiffer than this new 2020 fork. (My RockShox fork is from 2012. Do you have any idea how heavy it is? It takes two people to lift the bike onto a pavement). My 2012 RockShox fork is not stiff. It’s as wobbly as wet piece of spaghetti. RockShox must give me a refund.

Monark, Mar 19 2020 12:19

At R20k it is out of my league. I wouldn't mind the extra 20mm of travel. I have the 2018 SID WC on my Stage. Small bump compliance sucks but it is stiff and doesnt mind jumps and drops. I was initially worried about the carbon steerer but it has been solid.

DieselnDust, Mar 19 2020 12:32

They would never give the new SID with carbon crown such a long name ... all that printing required on the sticker would push the fork into "enduro" fork weights!

especially at only 1326gr....

BTW service interval for the Rae Day Damper.........

200hrs!!!!  :eek:  :clap:

Hairy, Mar 19 2020 12:34

especially at only 1326gr....

BTW service interval for the Rae Day Damper.........

200hrs!!!!  :eek:  :clap:

Flipping coooolll ... don't even ride my bikes that long before selling them :P

DieselnDust, Mar 19 2020 12:36

Flipping coooolll ... don't even ride my bikes that long before selling them :P

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Perfect so you an sell them "As New"

#imwatchingyou

babse, Mar 19 2020 12:41

#imwatchingyou

not like you can comment on his add anyway...

Hairy, Mar 19 2020 12:55

#imwatchingyou

"Better than New" ... I have taken the opportunity to "Break in" the pivots and all bearings / suspension for your benefit!

Consider this an upgraded service and hence the higher asking price.

Super Sywurm, Mar 19 2020 01:41

At R20k it is out of my league. I wouldn't mind the extra 20mm of travel. I have the 2018 SID WC on my Stage. Small bump compliance sucks but it is stiff and doesnt mind jumps and drops. I was initially worried about the carbon steerer but it has been solid.

Buy this frame and the R20k fork will be ''cheap''.

https://www.cwcycles...bltqWnC003apAtc