RockShox release a 1x remote for the Reverb

The all-new Reverb remote pairs the superior ergonomics of SRAM’s shifter design with low-lever-force hydraulic actuation to create the world’s best dropper-post remote. Its excellent ergonomics and light touch mean that riders of all ability levels can use their Reverb posts quicker, more easily and more often, for better ride control everywhere on the trail. And the new Reverb 1x Remote’s Bleeding Edge fitting ensures that the periodic maintenance needed for optimum performance is about as hassle-free as working the remote itself.

Reverb 1x remote

Compatible with all B1 and A2 Reverb and Reverb Stealth models (identifiable by the black return speed adjuster on the standard remote).

R_Reverb1x_Moab_170225_AM_1563_M.jpg

International Pricing:

Reverb Stealth with 1x remote MSRP: 399$, 445€, 375£
Upgrade kit MSRP (includes remote, Bleeding Edge fitting, discreet clamp, MMX clamp): 95$, 105€, 90£

R_RM-1LOC-A2_Reverb_Remote_Black_Front_M.jpg

R_RM-1LOC-A2_Reverb_Remote_Black_3Q_M.jpg

Features and benefits

• Hydraulic actuation for adjustability, low maintenance and low lever force
  • Available option on all Reverb Stealth models
  • 69.2g: only 21g heavier than the standard Reverb remote
  • MatchMaker X or discrete clamp options
  • Bleeding Edge lever bleed fitting
  • Tooled speed adjust
  • Backwards compatible with all B1 and A2 Reverb models in the market (black return speed adjuster knob)

18 Comments

NickGM, Apr 04 2017 04:42

21g heavier than current remote? count me out. 

BaGearA, Apr 04 2017 04:43

21g heavier than current remote? count me out. 

I'm expecting this reaction all over , even if the weight diff is so small.

IH8MUD, Apr 04 2017 04:58

Correct me if I'm wrong. 

The current one speed adjust is by hand. 

This model need a tool. 

It's heavier.

Can it be mounted in it's own like current model (along side  Shimano) or only to a SRAM brake lever?

Look likes a move backwards.   

Iwan Kemp, Apr 04 2017 05:03

Correct me if I'm wrong. 

The current one speed adjust is by hand. 

This model need a tool. 

Correct. You only do it once every whenever so not an issue.

It's heavier.

21g...pfffttt

Can it be mounted in it's own like current model (along side  Shimano) or only to a SRAM brake lever?

• MatchMaker X or discrete clamp options

Look likes a move backwards.   

Not at all. Solid move in the right direction. 21g is NOTHING and if it wasn't adjustable at all I'd maybe agree. Rest of it are none-issues.

Put me down for one. Maybe two.

Odinson, Apr 04 2017 05:27

I'll buy one if my current one fails/breaks, but I'm not going to ditch a perfectly fine remote just to have 'the latest and greatest'.

IH8MUD, Apr 04 2017 05:34

All valid points.  

Just seems like they made something new of the sake of making something new.

No real apparent benefit over the previous model.

For that money for the upgrade I'll just plod along with my current Reverb.  

But reality is,  there is a market for everything. 

Pyka, Apr 04 2017 08:27

That advert is just soooooo OTT cheesy.

The voice, the script, the dramatic fade effects....it's a remote lever people....not a new iphone. 

image_D, Apr 04 2017 11:01

the specialized command post remote same lever design but is cable operated.  been around awhile

https://www.pinkbike...photo/12942286/

NickGM, Apr 05 2017 08:16

I'm expecting this reaction all over , even if the weight diff is so small.

For what it's worth, I was being sarcastic. I've lost more weight after a haircut. Rockshox should have done this years ago, the old actuation was lousy and got in the way even if you bought a left hand side one and installed it upside down. 

NickGM, Apr 05 2017 08:23

Not true. Customers have been begging rockshox to do this for years and they have finally responded. Just read the comments:

https://www.pinkbike...-look-2017.html

stefmeister, Apr 05 2017 11:05

All valid points.  

For that money for the upgrade I'll just plod along with my current Reverb.  

But reality is,  there is a market for everything. 

The shifter style remote is a big improvement over their old remote, but for the price. @$95 it will probably cost R2k to upgrade, not so much.

FCH, Apr 05 2017 04:36

Well at least my Reverb can now have a drink with me after a long ride; it has a brand new liver....

Iwan Kemp, Apr 05 2017 04:44

The shifter style remote is a big improvement over their old remote, but for the price. @$95 it will probably cost R2k to upgrade, not so much.

In the R1300 region. (Depending on our loving president)

Bizkit031, Apr 05 2017 05:43

In the R1300 region. (Depending on our loving president)

Is it really worth it to make that change when your current on works fine and is in the right spot for you? And let's be honest is CCS going have stock and give it to us at that price or are they going to nail us?

Iwan Kemp, Apr 05 2017 05:49

Is it really worth it to make that change when your current on works fine and is in the right spot for you? And let's be honest is CCS going have stock and give it to us at that price or are they going to nail us?

Well, first we will have to see what the exchange rate does, but I'm sure if they quote that they will try their best to stick to that price. Stock on its way.

I have ordered one for the simple reason that the Jeffsy long termer has a LH above bar remote...ain't nobody got time for that!

Chavo, Jun 07 2017 08:22

Any updates on availability of the 1x remote?

Iwan Kemp, Jun 07 2017 08:28

Any updates on availability of the 1x remote?

They are in stock at the importers. Your LBS will be able to order 1 for you

Chavo, Jun 07 2017 08:51

Shot Iwan! In the same boat as you regarding the left hand lever on top of the bars situation