The all-new Specialized Diverge promises more gravel gnar

Press Release

The freedom, the adventure, the community—it all begins where the pavement ends. This is gravel and we’ve been doing it before it even had a name. Whether you’re dropping the hammer on the gravel scene, bike packing into the unknown, or shredding flowy single track, we have the bikes and the gear to get you there.

2020 Specialized Diverge Red Hero.jpg

The Ultimate Getaway Vehicle

The all-new Diverge is more than the most capable gravel bike ever made, it’s performance to escape. Escape from the pack for victory, escape from the daily grind, escape from the same old roads and same old rides, with the speed, control and confidence to attack the most challenging terrain.

Future Shock 2.0

Sure, we made Future Shock for cobbles, but turns out it’s the ultimate technology for riding rough road, thick gravel, and chunky dirt. Future Shock 2.0’s adjustable, hydraulically damped travel keeps you in control and on target, all while protecting your hands, arms, and shoulders from the battering.

Diverge Future Shock 2.jpg

With Great Confidence, Comes Great Speed

“What geometry is a gravel bike supposed to have?” Wrong question. “What does the gravel rider need?” That’s more like it. Status quo tossed out the window, we created geometry so progressive it’s a revelation in the saddle. That little voice in the back of your head saying, “Stay off the brakes, you got this,” just got a lot louder.

Specialized Diverge 2020 Descent.jpg

Innovate or Die

Sure, we’ve got fast computers, we’ve got a wind tunnel, we even 3D print saddles these days. But sometimes you just gotta get your hands dirty. When our team dreamed up the new Diverge’s progressive geometry, no equation could tell us what was right, so we got a hack saw out, grabbed some carbon fiber and warmed up the oven. The result? Rideable test mules made right in Morgan Hill that allowed us to develop this game-changing geometry in the real world.

More Clearance = More Fun

Nothing unlocks potential like tyre clearance. Luckily, we’re feeling generous. Very generous—47mm on a 700c wheel and 2.1” on 650B. Crazy, we know, but wait until you rip a descent with that much rubber. Hallelujah!

Specialized Diverge 2020 Front Tyre Clearance.jpg

Chainstays Reinvented

We wanted mega-tyre clearance, but we didn’t want to resort to long chainstays or a heavy, vulnerable, dropped-stay design. The answer? Our drive side chainstay is a narrow, solid beam of carbon between the tyre and chainrings. You can have your cake and eat it too.

Specialized Diverge 2020 Chainstay Drive Side.jpg

Everything You Need, Right Where You Need It

The Diverge’s internal SWAT compartment takes gear out of your pockets and puts it low in the frame, improving handling and keeping you more comfortable. Go ahead and rip past that first aid station, or take extra gear to escape farther into the unknown. Dual SWAT pouches keep it all dry and organised.

Specialized Diverge 2020 SWAT Box door 3.jpg
Specialized Diverge 2020 SWAT Box door 2.jpg
Specialized Diverge 2020 SWAT Box door 1.jpg

Super Fast, Super Capable, Super Light

At under 1,000 grams the Diverge’s frame is lighter than most stripped-down gravel race frames with skimpy clearance, while being more capable than anything else in the gravel. Climb it, race it, or load it down with packs and fenders for the long haul, the Diverge does it all, faster and lighter than the rest.

Specialied Diverge 2020 Climb.jpg

Shockingly Faster, Seriously Funner - The Diverge EVO

But wait, hang onto your flannel! We’re not done pushing, prodding, and challenging this thing called gravel. What’s next? Who the hell knows? But we’ve made the bike that’ll find out. The Diverge EVO is an alloy badass, a gravel rig with flat bars in the key of “Send It!” Slacker, longer, and fitted with the new Rhombus tyre—whatever you get into, send us video.

Specialized Diverge EVO 2020.jpg
The Specialized Diverge EVO is a longer, slacker, more capable gravel bike.

3 Comments

YaseenEnos, May 08 2020 08:18

full circle on the Evo model

Is it a rigid XC hardtail? If i put on from suspension does it become an XC hard tail?

If I take my XC hardtail, put on skinnier tires and a rigid fork is it the new gravel?

I suppose it doesnt matter, ride whatever you like, just dont fall for marketing BS.

Underachiever, May 08 2020 10:28

full circle on the Evo model

Is it a rigid XC hardtail? If i put on from suspension does it become an XC hard tail?

If I take my XC hardtail, put on skinnier tires and a rigid fork is it the new gravel?

I suppose it doesnt matter, ride whatever you like, just dont fall for marketing BS.

How large is the circle? 25-30 years?

Long Wheel Base, May 18 2020 02:30

Doesn't matter how much technology or research goes into any sort of bike that rides off tar, I will still not be able to ride fast around a corner.