Tech

Titan Racing introduce new Transporter commuter bike range

Supplied by Titan Racing.

· By Press Office · 22 comments

Titan Racing have introduced a new range of commuter bikes labelled under their Transporter Range. These bikes are aimed at doing one job well and that’s commuting in style. Long gone are the days when a commuter bike had to be your old 26” and whilst we do have the option of going single speed, no one is hating gears on that final climb back home after a long day at the office.

With Titan Racing’s latest additions to their carbon fibre line up including the Switch gravel bike, Valerian road bike and the latest, the Cypher dual sus. It’s exciting to see the brand refreshing old ranges and still adding new bikes to their lineup.

The Transporter range comes in two styles, a fully rigid urban bike and a hybrid option which has a little extra comfort with the inclusion of a suspension fork and shock absorbing seat post.

ccs-62657-0-17745400-1582658639.jpg

The Transporter range is built on lightweight aluminium frames with pannier mounts. The pannier mounts offer unlimited mounting options for customizing your bike in terms of racks. 700c Rims with high volume tires are standard across the range, Shimano drivetrains, and disc brakes. The bikes are cleverly named after popular global cities from around the world. The Berlin and the Madison are the rigid urban versions of the transporter. Some stand out features of the range include Tektro hydraulic disc brakes, retro styled mud guards, tan coloured grips and a retro tan saddle. The Boston and the Verona are the hybrid options with the added aid of suspension. Key features in this range include all- terrain tires for extra grip, an SR Suntour suspension fork, shock absorbing seat post and adjustable stem.

ccs-62657-0-97722300-1582658663.jpg
ccs-62657-0-00310200-1582658662.jpg
ccs-62657-0-08916400-1582658663.jpg

While commuter bikes are purely designed to get from point A to point B, Titan Racing has created a range of Transporter bikes with sleek designs and functional features.

With the high costs involved with owning a car, rising fuel prices, and increasing traffic, maybe riding your bike instead of your car isn’t such a bad idea. You can build fitness, reduce your carbon foot print and start your work day on a healthy note.

ccs-62657-0-59691900-1582658746.jpg

All Titan Racing bikes feature a unique 5 Year Multi-User Warranty.

Berlin – RRP 7 499.00
ccs-62657-0-07119500-1582659129.jpg
Madison – RRP 7 499.00
ccs-62657-0-17606900-1582659131.jpg

The Berlin and the Madison are the rigid urban versions of the transporter range.

Boston – RRP 6 499.00
ccs-62657-0-86073200-1582659129.jpg
Verona – RRP 6 499.00
ccs-62657-0-06886300-1582659132.jpg

The Boston and the Verona are the hybrid options of the transporter range featuring suspension.

ccs-62657-0-50053200-1582658766.jpg

Visit the Titan Racing website for more details on the Transporter range.
Tags:

Related posts

Comments

Jewbacca

Feb 26, 2020, 4:21 AM

It says 'While there is the option of going single speed'... Does the bike have an EBB? Or are you saying that 'the option' is there on other bikes but the new Titan has gears because of hills? Either way it looks really rad and at that price point I see a few of these getting some drop bars......

CAAD4

Feb 26, 2020, 4:31 AM

That Berlin is very cool.

DieselnDust

Feb 26, 2020, 5:06 AM

ich hatte gerne ein Berlin

Headshot

Feb 26, 2020, 6:02 AM

Kapstadt!

Hairy

Feb 26, 2020, 7:05 AM

Lekker!

Hairy

Feb 26, 2020, 7:11 AM

curious to see how the hubs, BB and chainrings wear with mileage over CT winter.

Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Feb 26, 2020, 8:19 AM

Would be nice to see a model with Shimano Alfine! 

extra300s

Feb 26, 2020, 8:55 AM

drop the front derailleur! 

Shebeen

Feb 26, 2020, 10:16 AM

drop the front derailleur! 

why? uh mean i know why, but WHY?

fd are cheap and they work.

bikes like this will have a 8 or 9spd system.

2x8 or 2x9 is cheaper than 1x11 and will have better range

Long Wheel Base

Feb 26, 2020, 11:09 AM

They should have gotten really clever and put a compartment of sorts somewhere for a light battery(and possibly other spares as well). One thing I hate is strapping my batteries to my frame. I have modified a bottle so that the battery is inside the bottle and can't get wet. The plug is fixed into the spout and all I do is plug the light side into the spout(I use the seat post bottle cage for this). My wire is then secured to my rear brake hose so I don't have wire wrapped around the frame anywhere. There is very little I can't fix with the tools I carry on my commute and they all concealed somewhere to my bike. Some less obvious than I would like unfortunately as I still want a clean looking bike.

samson99

Feb 26, 2020, 11:16 AM

They should have gotten really clever and put a compartment of sorts somewhere for a light battery(and possibly other spares as well). One thing I hate is strapping my batteries to my frame. I have modified a bottle so that the battery is inside the bottle and can't get wet. The plug is fixed into the spout and all I do is plug the light side into the spout(I use the seat post bottle cage for this). My wire is then secured to my rear brake hose so I don't have wire wrapped around the frame anywhere. There is very little I can't fix with the tools I carry on my commute and they all concealed somewhere to my bike. Some less obvious than I would like unfortunately as I still want a clean looking bike.

Please can you post some photos of the light and how mounted (including the wires). in the commuter challenge thread Mounting the battery is also my pet peeve.

Long Wheel Base

Feb 26, 2020, 11:33 AM

Please can you post some photos of the light and how mounted (including the wires). in the commuter challenge thread Mounting the battery is also my pet peeve.

Of course. Not on the bike today(am sure you saw why) but will take photos and post asap.

Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Feb 26, 2020, 12:06 PM

They should have gotten really clever and put a compartment of sorts somewhere for a light battery...

A hub dynamo!  :clap:

Long Wheel Base

Feb 27, 2020, 6:02 AM

A hub dynamo!  :clap:

Good idea, but that would have pushed the price up. Maybe have a third model with extras like this.

RiverInTheRoad

Feb 27, 2020, 2:48 PM

Titan is upping their game! I think I am buying one of these.

Hackster

Feb 27, 2020, 7:46 PM

Um, where where are the pannier mounting points?

Feb 28, 2020, 9:55 AM

nice but I must agree, no option with battery/motor. I would def have bought one since affordability is their game

V18

Feb 29, 2020, 8:21 AM

BB type. Maak of breek vir 'n creaky-mccreakington commuter bike. My commuter has two jobs. Get me from A to B.... Without making a noise.

Oufy MTB (Roadie)

Mar 3, 2020, 8:28 PM

curious to see how the hubs, BB and chainrings wear with mileage over CT winter.

I ride through winter and if I am honest, rain days are actually not that many,so components are exposed, but not that bad. And many okes bail in foul weather anyway

Long Wheel Base

Mar 4, 2020, 5:34 AM

Titan is upping their game! I think I am buying one of these.

Have you seen their new TT frame? Think its called the pace but it is a very good looking frame. I have only seen a picture of the frame that my LBS posted on IG and not a complete build yet.

Hairy

Mar 4, 2020, 6:25 AM

I ride through winter and if I am honest, rain days are actually not that many,so components are exposed, but not that bad. And many okes bail in foul weather anyway

I also ride daily no matter the weather ... rain/water from above is one thing, but the wash up from rain from the road is the real killer in my experience.

Currently a square taper BB lasts me a season/year if I am really lucky .... and it is in winter when it starts making all the creaking and jinking noises ... then I just ride it till it stops spinning before replacing again.

Average commuting should be on the 8500 - 9000km mark for me a year.

Hairy

Mar 4, 2020, 6:25 AM

If those rims can run tubeless even better .... those %^#^#$^#$ devil thorns are causing havoc out there at the moment.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment