The Momsen VIPA is no stranger to the pages of Bike Hub. Dylan is riding the VIPA TWO frameset, the same frame we have on our VIPA long-term test bike. Just to remind you, it's a full carbon dual suspension full race bike designed with South African stage racing in mind. Dylan's VIPA, however, is a bit different from the retail models.
Most of the important parts on Dylan's drivetrain are SRAM XX1 with a mixture of parts like the X01 cassette, X9 Stages (power meter) left crank arm, KMC chain, and the 32 tooth absoluteBLACK oval chainring making up the rest. The drive system is powered through a set of Look S-Track pedals. A handy Momsen adaptor allows a second bottle cage to be placed within the front triangle.
The rough terrain is absorbed by a 2017 RockShox SID fork with remote lockout and a Fox Float DPS shock that allows the rear wheel 80mm of movement.
Dylan rides on Stan's NoTubes ZTR Valor carbon rims with a set of Stan's NoTubes 3.30 Ti hubs. Rubber is provide by Vee Tire Co., more specifically the Rail Escape on the front and Rail Tracker on the rear.
For the contact points, Dylan uses Momsen Design carbon handlebar with Momsen grips, a 90 mm KCNC stem, with a Selle Italia SLR saddle atop a Momsen seatpost.
- Frame2017 Momsen VIPA TWO
- ForkRockShox SID 2017 with remote lockout
- ShockFox Float DPS
- RimsStan’s NoTubes ZTR Valor
- Hubs + SpokesStan’s 3.30 Ti
- Tyres (Front/ Rear)Front: Vee Tire Co Rail Escape Rear: Vee Tire Co Rail Tracker
- HandlebarMomsen Flat Wide
- StemKCNC 90mm
- BrakesSRAM Guide Ultimate
- Brake rotorAshima Ai2
- Shifters + cablingSRAM XX1
- Rear derailleurSRAM XX1
- Crank armsSRAM XX1
- ChainringAbsolute Black 32t
- ChainKMC 11 spd
- Bottom BracketSRAM pressfit
- PedalsLook S-Track
- SaddleSelle Italia SLR
- GripsMomsen Design
- Bike Computer / Power meterGarmin 820 and a Stages X9 power meter
- Bottle cagesVIPA Carbon bottle cages
- Weight10.1 kg