Jenny's SCOTT Contessa Spark RC 900 World Cup shares a lot in common with the bike belonging to teammate Nino Schurter, which we took a look at here. The only discernible difference between the Spark and the ladies Contessa Spark RC is the paint job. The Contessa Spark RC comes in a tranquil turquoise shade, instead of the more jarring yellow and black of Nino's Spark RC.
While Jenny's bike carries the Contessa naming, it is a 29er which is interesting as the current retail Contessa range is limited to 650b bikes. Perhaps a sign of things to come?
Jenny has fitted at RockShox Reverb Stealth dropper seat post to her bike which she tested for the duration of the Cape Epic to decide whether she would like to ride with one in the upcoming cross country season. She has a stopper collar fitted to limit the travel on the seat post, most likely to avoid interference with the strap of the Topeak saddle bag containing her spare tube.
The Rock Shox SID World Cup Carbon fork and Rock Shox Deluxe shock make use of something cryptically named "Black Box" damper technology, but we have no further information on how this works.
DT Swiss XMC 1200 Spline Carbon 29” wheels are wrapped in Maxxis Aspen 2.25 x 29 tyres. The wheels have custom gold decals, as befitting an Olympic champion.
Like the majority of the pro peloton, Jenny has the bling full SRAM XX1 Eagle drivetrain fitted to her bike. She opted for a 32 tooth chainring and uses a very minimalist chain guide.
Other interesting features include Ritchey WCS v6 pedals, and the Scott Twinloc remote lockout system, which locks fork and shock simultaneously.
- FrameScott Spark RC 900 Carbon HMX SL Custom
- Rear ShockRock Shox Deluxe Black Box / 100mm
- ForkRock Shox SID World Cup Carbon / Charger Black Box Damper / Boost / 100mm
- Remote LockoutSCOTT TwinLoc
- HeadsetSyncros FL1.5 / TIB bearing
- StemSyncros XR1.5 / -17° or -25°
- HandlebarSyncros FL1.0 SL Carbon T-Bar / +/-5mm / 9° / 680mm
- GripsSyncros Foam
- SaddleSyncros XR1.0 SL Carbon
- SeatpostRockShox Reverb Stealth
- BrakesSRAM Level Ultimate
- ShifterSRAM XX1 Eagle
- Rear DerailleurSRAM XX1 Eagle
- CassetteSRAM XX1 Eagle Gold / 10-50T
- ChainSRAM XX1 Eagle Gold
- CranksetSram XX1 Carbon Eagle 175mm Q-168mm 32T
- WheelsDT Swiss XMC 1200 Spline Carbon 29”
- TyresMaxxis Aspen 2.25 x 29
- Bottle CageTopeak shuttle cage carbon
- ComputerGarmin Edge
- PedalsRitchey WCS v6