The custom ProjectZebra e-bike is the pedal assist variety which requires some effort from Stefan to keep moving. A 250W Brose drive system provides the electronic assistance and is powered by a battery pack found in the oversized downtube. In the experienced hands of Stefan, the drive system software has been tweaked to put out more power than you'd find in the factory model, making it punchier on all terrain.
E-bike components aside, the ProjectZebra E-Stream features some serious mountain biking kit. The mechanical gearing is a mix of Shimano XTR and XT components with a 38 tooth Saint chainring fitted alone up front. The wheels feature Bulls' own Hattori carbon 29er rims with a 31.6mm inner width wrapped in Schwalbe's new Fat Albert 2.35 tyres. The back wheel is laced to a Hope Pro 4 148mm hub to fit the frame's rear boost spacing. The custom E-Stream weighs in at just over 20 kilograms.
- FrameBulls E-Stream Evo FS 3 29 aluminium (Size 51)
- Drive TrainBrose 250W
- Power Pack37V/17,5Ah/650Wh / 3 modes: Eco, Tour, Sport / Charging time: approx. 3,4 hrs to 80%, approx. 5 hrs to 100%
- ForkRockShox RS-1 120mm
- ShockRockShox Monarch RT 120mm
- RimsBulls Hattori (carbon 28 Hole 31.6 mm inner width)
- Front HubDT Swiss
- Rear HubHope Pro 4 Boost 148mm
- Front TyreSchwalbe Fat Albert 2.35 SnakeSkin TrailStar front specific
- Rear TyreSchwalbe Fat Albert 2.35 SnakeSkin TrailStar rear specific
- HandlebarsFSA SL-K
- StemFSA carbon
- BrakesShimano XTR (180mm rotors)
- ShiftersShimano XTR
- DerailleurShimano XTR
- CassetteShimano XT 11-40T
- ChainringShimano Saint 38T
- ChainShimano CN-HG900
- Chain guidee thirteen XCX-ST
- PedalsShimano XTR
- SeatpostBulls Post 3.0
- SaddleFizik Antares 00
- Bike ComputerSigma ROX 10.0 (not shown)
- BarendsSahmurai Sword
This ProjectZebra build will be available to the public (Europe) in limited numbers later in the year.
Find out more about the project from Stefan Sahm here.