Annika's Specialized S-Works Epic has been customed painted to celebrate the songo.info organisation that is uplifting the Kayamandi community in Stellenbosch through cycling and education. In fact, this bike will be auctioned to the public after the Cape Epic to raise funds for the organisation.
The artwork includes a number of symbols relating to the work done by songo.info including the names of some of the kids benefitting from its work on the underside of the downtube.
Annika is riding a SRAM XX1 Eagle drivetrain with a Rotor 2INPower crankset and 34 tooth Rotor chainring. Stopping is controlled by Magura's MT8 Raceline brake set with Shimano XTR pedals propelling the crankarms.
Annika raced with a Specialized Command Post for the first three days of Epic. Right after we had taken these photos, her mechanic set about replacing it with a rigid carbon seat post. He explained that Annika likes the dropper post for confidence but believed that she would benefit more from the weight saving on the following day's stage. Funnily, he chuckled saying that he doesn't understand why as she is so powerful with or without the extra weight.
Annika has chosen Specialized's Fast Trak with a 2.3" wdith and GRID casing on the front wheel with a Renegade 2.1" GRID tyre displaying prototype markings on the rear. The wheelset is Roval's carbon rim Control SL with DT Swiss rear hub internals.
- FrameSpecialized S-Works Epic (Medium)
- ForkRockShox SID Brain
- ShockRockShox Specialized
- WheelsetRoval Control SL 29
- Front TyreSpecialized Fast Trak GRID 2.3"
- Rear TyreSpecialized Renegade GRID 2.1" Prototype
- HandlebarS-Works carbon 720mm
- StemS-Works SL 100mm
- SeatpostSpecialized Command Post IRcc
- SaddleSpecialized Power
- BrakesMagura MT8 Raceline
- Brake rotorMagura 160 mm
- ShiftersSRAM XX1 Eagle
- Rear derailleurSRAM XX1 Eagle
- CassetteSRAM XX1 Eagle 10-50T
- Crank armsRotor 2INPower
- ChainringRotor 34T
- ChainSRAM XX1 Eagle
- Bottom bracketRotor
- PedalsShimano XTR
- Bottle cagesSpecialized Zee with SWAT Box
- Sealant125ml in each tyre
- Weight11.53 kg (race ready as pictured)