On Test: Silverback Signo Tecnica 279

Born out of a desire to explore, the Silverback Signo Tecnica combines the roll over traits and bigger contact patch of a 29" front wheel with the quicker accelerating, more agile 27.5" sized rear wheel. By doing this Silverback believe that they have combined the best of both worlds into one chassis giving the rider an advantage on the trail.
Silverback Signo Tecnica 279 1.jpg

The Tecnica sits at the top of a three bike model and if there's any doubt about it's intended purpose one only needs to look at the spec sheet. Featuring a 1x10 drivetrain, 130mm RockShox Revelation fork, wide handlebar, short stem and Arch EX wheels with 2.3 Maxxis Minion DHR II rubber fitted - this bike is meant to be fast and fun on single track.

Silverback Signo Tecnica 279 2.jpg

Silverback Signo Tecnica 279 4.jpg

What the spec sheet is missing at first glance is a dropper seatpost, but I do understand that base price can shoot up quickly with a couple of seemingly small changes. As an alternative a QR clamp would have been nice.

We will be riding the Signo Tecnica on several of Cape Town's trails to bring you an in-depth review.

RRP: R19,999

28 Comments

Maxxis, Apr 24 2015 09:29

The Advantage over a small back wheel is, that it will accelerate faster then a bigger wheel, so lest pedal work to get it up and going. 

But that means the rear wheel is going to try and overtake the front all the time. I see big problems coming. 

Gerlach, Apr 24 2015 12:44

But that means the rear wheel is going to try and overtake the front all the time. I see big problems coming. 

hahahahahahah!!!! Nice one there!!!

Iwan Kemp, Jun 01 2015 03:08

When will something road bike related be tested? It is all mtb mtb mtb... here on the the(mtb)hubsa.co.za....lol

Boom! 

https://www.bikehub....dvanced-2-r2670