Giant Dirt-E +1 LTD
E-bikes are developing at a rapid rate with one big improvement being the integration of the battery into the frame and the rest of the bike. The Giant Dirt-E is one example of this with the battery stowed in the downtube.
The Giant Dirt-E +1 is the mid specification model featuring a mostly Shimano 2x10 drivetrain with Giant components making up the wheels and cockpit. A 250W Yamaha electric motor assists the rider's pedalling with a 496Wh battery providing the power.
- Frame sizesS, M, L, XL
- ColourAnthraciteblack-Racered Matt-Gloss
- FrameGIANT Dirt-E + 27.5 ""AluxX SL aluminum for SyncDrive mid engine with integrated EnergyPak battery, OverDrive headtube, internal cable routing, integrated post mount disc brake recording, integrated Luggage Rack, upright and wheel guard-Up, replaceable derailleur Recording
- HandlebarGIANT Connect TR riser bar, 25mm Rise, 31.8x730
- StemGIANT Connect, ± 8 °, 31.8
- SeatpostGIANT Connect, 30.9x375
- SaddleGIANT Contact Upright
- PedalsWellgo M149 MTB Aluminium
- Front derailleurShimano Deore M618 Dyna-Sys Direct Mount
- Rear derailleurShimano Deore XT Dyna-Sys Shadow Plus M786
- BrakesShimano Deore M447, hydraulic disc brake, RT56 rotors (180mm)
- Brake LeversShimano Deore M506
- CassetteShimano Dyna-Sys HG50-10f. (Deore series), 11-36 Z.
- Chain KMC X10e
- CranksetGIANT by FSA CK-746-1 / IS, ISIS spline, aluminum, 38-24 Z. aluminum / steel chainring
- RimsGIANT SXC-2 Disc Wheel Set, ETRTO 19-584
- HubsGIANT by Formula Tracker Sport Disc sealed, 15mm thru-axle front
- SpokesNiro 2.0 ~ 1.8 black, 32/32 spokes
- TyresSchwalbe Rocket Ron Performance, foldable, dual compound, 57-584
- Extras4A fast charger, anti-theft label powered by CODE-No.com, bell
- Weight21.2 kgs (Medium)
- MotorGIANT SyncDrive Sport powered by Yamaha Motor means, 250W, 80Nm, for doubly-chainring
- Control unitGIANT pedal Plus powered by Yamaha 4-sensor
- Operator displayCentral GIANT LC display with Sport Ride Control within reach
- Battery packGIANT EnergyPakF Lithium Ion downtube battery, integrated 36V 13.8Ah (496Wh), lockable, onboard / offboard Charging
- Retail PriceR 51,995
The Specialized Ambush is an extend cover trail and enduro helmet. For safety, Specialized have used varying EPS foam densities around the helmet to optimise impact absorption. For comfort, a 360 degree fit system holds the helmet in place while Specialized promise a cool head with the venting arrangement. The visor is easily adjusted during riding to accommodate for changing conditions as well as goggles. Our medium sized Ambush weighed in an impressive 295 grams. The Specialized Ambush retails for R2,599.
- Patented Aramid-Reinforced Skeleton provides internal EPS support.
- Patented Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy.
- Mindset 360 fit system provides a secure, customizable fit with 360-degree tension adjustment, five height positions, and an integrated dial for easy, on-the-fly adjustments.
- Micro indexing visor allows for a wide range of fast, secure on-trail adjustments, as well as convenient goggle stowage.
- 4th Dimension Cooling System with massive vents, internal Cross-Channels, and aligned exhaust ports increases airflow to keep you cool.
- Low profile in-molded shell with smooth, snag-free exterior shape.
- Extended coverage for added protection and durability.
- Lightweight, quick-drying liner features a Gutter Action Brow that channels moisture away from eyes.
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments.
The Fabric Line features a single piece pad that is split to form a central channel aimed at decreasing the pressure on the blood supple to sensitive areas. This, in conjunction with support offered to the sit bones, improves comfort and decrease numbness.
The base of the Fabric Line is made from a single piece of nylon which Fabric claim is durable yet flexible to provide further comfort to the rider.
We have the Line Shallow Elite in a 134mm sizing for testing. The Shallow refers to the shape and suits riders looking for all day comfort over an aerodynamic seating position. Our test unit came in a few grams lighter than the claimed weight of 250 grams.