First Look Friday: Thule Enroute, Rudy Project Traylx, 4Shaw socks & Syntace W-35 wheels

First Look Friday is an introduction to the products that we are currently testing for review. This week we're featuring the Thule Enroute Blur 2 Daypack, Rudy Project Traylx glasses, 4Shaw cycling socks & gloves and Syntace W-35 MX mountain bike wheels.

Thule Enroute Blur 2 Backpack

Already sporting a good few Thule backpacks and laptop bags at Bike Hub HQ we're admittedly existing fans of their products. Our latest addition, the Thule EnRoute Blur 2 Daypack, is a 24 litre backpack featuring various handy storage compartments for your all important items. The up to 15.6" laptop compartment includes a tablet sleeve and can double as a home for a hydration pack (although ideally not at the same time). The pack also includes a crushproof SafeZone compartment for sunglasses and fragile gear includes a dedicated phone pocket.

Thule Enroute Blur 2 - FLF 25 Sept-10.jpg
Thule Enroute Blur 2 - FLF 25 Sept-11.jpg

Retail price: R 2,199.00

Rudy Project TRAYLX

Rudy Project's TRAYLX sunglasses feature their ImpactX 2 lenses which, as the name suggests, are an update to the previous generation optics. The photochromic lense is said to activate faster and features a High Dynamic Range (HDR) for an all round improved image.

Rudy Project Traylx - FLF 25 Sept-7.jpg
Rudy Project Traylx - FLF 25 Sept-8.jpg
Rudy Project Traylx - FLF 25 Sept-9.jpg

From an initial look the TRAYLX shades feel ultra light, are thoroughly vented and have a flexibility that seems to lend itself to their "unbreakable" tag line. We'll be putting them through their paces on roads and trails to see how they perform in the wild.

4Shaw cycling socks and gloves

For better or worse socks are increasingly becoming a fashion item for many bike riders. 4Shaw is an Australian brand who produce a range of cycling apparel including a variety of unique, colourful socks at various lengths. The socks are all made using a mix of Coolmax, Nylon and Lycra.

Indicative price: R 280

4Shaw Socks - FLF 25 Sept-1.jpg

Among the 4Shaw range of items and on our test list are these great looking full finger gloves.

Indicative price: R 500

4Shaw Gloves - 25 Sept-2.jpg

Syntace W35 Mountain Bike Wheels

German component maker Syntace were arguably among the early movers in producing a range of wide to super-wide, lightweight aluminium mountain bike wheels. The Syntace W-35 MX wheelset features a 35mm rim said to be tougher than carbon and provide better tire performance.

We've laced them with some rubber and have already been putting them through their paces. Full review to follow in a few weeks.

Syntace W-35 MX - FLF 25 Sept-5.jpg
Syntace W-35 MX - FLF 25 Sept-3.jpg
Syntace W-35 MX - FLF 25 Sept-6.jpg

2 Comments

hayleyearth, Oct 09 2015 10:56

But where in SA can we get those 4Shaw socks? 

I need more colour in my life!

Iwan Kemp, Oct 09 2015 11:30

But where in SA can we get those 4Shaw socks? 

I need more colour in my life!

You can get in touch with the importer here: info@niner.co.za