Trek Top Fuel SL
Earlier this year, Trek announced that the Superfly FS was to be replaced by an all-new Top Fuel as their full suspension XC race bike in 2016.
So what's new? The Top Fuel's suspension layout uses an EVO link and full floater design, which attaches the shock to two moving points while the Superfly FS used a swing link and fixed shock mount. The Mino Link feature enables the frame geometry to be tweaked between two settings. Trek also makes use of the wider Boost 148/110 hubs which allow for stiffer wheels and shorter chainstays in the 29er format.
Our test bike is a custom build which will be available in limited amounts in South Africa. Standard specification models will be available in 2016.
- PaintMatte Trek Black/Trek Charcoal
- GroupsetShimano XT M8000 1x
- BrakesetShimano XT M8000
- ForkFox Float 32 Factory Series
- ShockFox Float Factory Series
- TiresBontrager XR1 Team Issue TLR
- StemRhythm Pro
- HeadsetFSA IS-2C black
- HandlebarXXX Carbon
- Seat PostRhythm Pro
- SaddleEvoke RL
- GripsESI Chunky
- WheelsetDT Swiss M 1900
- Retail PriceR 89,999.00
The Fox brand is one of the most recognised and best-selling brand of motocross and mountain biking apparel in the world. Through sponsoring and working closely with some of the best riders in the history of the sport they have researched and developed clothing that provides riders with maximum protection, performance and freedom of movement.
Their Ranger range fits into the All Mountain and Trail riding category and is a core product in their MTB range.
Ranger SS Jersey
- Quick dry polyester main body keeps you cool and dry.
- Strategic mesh panels for added ventilation.
- Flatlock seam construction for a smooth comfy fit.
- Optics wipe at inside hem keeps your eyewear clean.
- Zipper stash pocket for the essentials.
- Full drop tail for added trail coverage.
- Polyester 2-way mechanical stretch main body
- Detachable liner with a Pro Form Men’s chamois
- Interior adjustable waistband
- Hand pocket
- Lightweight air mesh top hand fabrics.
- Padded Airprene knuckle.
- Double layer Clarino palm.
- Absorbent micro-suede thumb.
- Silicone grip fingertip.
- Low profile wrist tab closure.
Casco SpeedAiro RS
The Casco SpeedAiro RS is an aero helmet aimed at the endurance road rider. Unlike many helmets in this class, the SpeedAiro has a number of vents on the top which work to keep the rider cool. The sides of the helmet, however, are closed to derive a smooth path through the air. The SpeedAiro was tested in Audi's wind tunnel in a number of positions to accommodate efficiency in a number of different riding positions. The most striking feature is the Judge Dredd-like clip-on visor which further improves the SpeedAiro's aerodynamic properties and is said to assist with a clear path of vision.