Just like it’s predecessors, the fenix 3 sports a stylish design with more of a real watch feel than most historically bulky and awkward wrist based GPS units. Under the hood Garmin have packed in some serious functions and have taken a few steps into the smartwatch territory with their custom apps and notifications.
Based on the chatter among Hubbers about this product pre and post launch we’re very excited to test it out. Over the next month we’ll be putting it through it’s paces both on and off the bike.
Stay tuned for the full review in late July.
In fēnix® 3, uncompromising performance meets uncompromising design. No longer do demanding athletes have to wear one specialty watch for training and competition, and then a different, more stylish watch for work and casual everyday wear. With the introduction of fēnix® 3, Garmin has achieved the ultimate fusing of state-of-the art fitness training features with state-of-the-art in satellite navigation. Between adventures, fēnix 3 helps you recover in style and precision with its rugged, attractive construction and customizable smart watch capabilities. Now that we've taken on the limits to what a GPS sport watch can do, it’s your turn to rise above your limits.
- Stainless Steel EXO™ antenna with GPS + GLONASS support for fast fix and accuracy
- 1.2-inch sunlight readable color Chroma™ display
- Fitness training features like VO2 Max and Recovery Advisor (when used with a heart rate monitor¹)
- Outdoor navigation features like 3-axis compass, altimeter and barometer, TracBack and Sight’n Go
- Connect IQ™ compatibility for customized apps, widgets, watch faces and data fields
- fenix 3 Silver / Gray - Watch only: R 7,599.00
- fenix 3 Silver / Gray - Performer Bundle: R 8,449.00
- fenix 3 Sapphire: R 9,999.00