Tech

On Test: Lezyne Shock Digital Drive

· By BikeHubCoreAdmin · 4 comments

Never ones to sit still Lezyne (rhymes with design) have added a floor shock pump with a digital gauge to their range of pumps.

I have to admit that I’ve always found current shock pump offerings quite archaic. The small gauge found on just about all of them does not make for accurate suspension set up and if you’re a tinkerer like me then getting that last bit of performance dialed can be a frustrating and time consuming affair.

ccs-62657-0-30475700-1432821742.jpg
ccs-62657-0-65312500-1432821745.jpg

Enter Lezyne’s Shock Digital Drive. Featuring a digital gauge with a 1.5 inch screen and 2 button operation, the Shock Digital Drive promises to take the guessing out of suspension set up.

I have high expectations for it and, for my own sake, hope to bring you a positive review in the months to come.

ccs-62657-0-67393400-1432821743.jpg

Specs

Max pressure: 300psi | 20bar

RRP: R 1,140.00

From the Manufacturer:

The Lezyne Shock Digital Drive is the ultimate digital high pressure shock pump, perfect for shop use. Compatible with Presta valves, it features a dedicated floor pump configuration for faster shock tuning, with an ultra narrow barrel and piston to allow the user to easily achieve high shock pressure settings. Its varnished wood handle and CNC-machined aluminium and steel construction deliver a durable and lightweight design. Hardened steel APS Shock Thread Chuck allows for precise pressure tuning. Equipped with an extremely accurate Digital Gauge, the Shock Digital Drive pumps a third of the air of a standard floor pump at 300psi with a high pressure, nylon-reinforced, braided hose with aluminium connectors.

Comments

Paul Ruinaard

May 29, 2015, 5:51 AM

So where does one get one of these ?

Iwan Kemp

May 29, 2015, 6:01 AM

So where does one get one of these ?

Hi,

It's imported and distributed by Two Wheels Trading who also does Stans, Rapid, Vee Tires and Momsen so should be available from your LBS.

Hackster

May 29, 2015, 7:57 AM

How large are the digits on the digital display? Some of us older okes struggled to read the numbers on the dials, when the dial is mounted at foot level...

Iwan Kemp

Jun 2, 2015, 9:05 AM

How large are the digits on the digital display? Some of us older okes struggled to read the numbers on the dials, when the dial is mounted at foot level...

I will measure it at some point, but I've found it to be big and clear enough to read standing upright without any issues. 

Add a comment

You must log in to comment