Events

Alan Hatherly and Simon Andreassen join Cannondale Factory Racing

Supplied by Cannondale. Photos: Jean Pierre Jacobs for Cannondale

· By Press Office · 0 comments

Press Release

2020 proved to be a memorable season for the riders of Cannondale Factory Racing – including the two new faces on the squad. World #1 Henrique Avancini and veteran teammate Manuel Fumic are joined by former junior XC and CX World Champion Simon Andreassen of Denmark and former U23 and ebike World Champion Alan Hatherly of South Africa. Both riders achieved breakout results last season with Simon winning his first Elite XCO World Cup and Alan landing his first Elite XCO World Cup podium. After two weeks together for a small team camp, the groundwork has been laid, the normal CFR shenanigans had, and the bonds forged for 2021. Bring on the races.

ccs-62657-0-96708600-1610375967.jpg

Cannondale Factory Racing is ready for 2021 and beyond. World #1 Henrique Avancini and veteran teammate Manuel Fumic are joined by former junior CX and XC World Champion Simon Andreassen (DEN) and former U23 & E-bike World Champion Alan Hatherly (RSA) on the CFR roster. Both additions to the team had breakout results in 2020, with Andreassen winning his first Elite XCO World Cup and Alan securing an Elite XCO World Cup podium. The newly formed team spent two weeks together for a small team camp to prepare for the 2021 season, where the focus will be on the UCI MTB XC World Cup, UCI World Championships, the Olympic games in Tokyo and the ABSA Cape Epic in October.

ccs-62657-0-43894000-1610375807.jpg

This is really a dream come true to be wearing the Cannondale colors for the upcoming season and beyond. Excitement levels are high for this new journey alongside powerhouse teammates! I can’t wait for the season to commence and to get racing on the new machine with some big goals in place for the 2021 season. I’m confident that I’m going to level up and learn in this space which is also really exciting.
Alan Hatherly

ccs-62657-0-59677200-1610375822.jpg

It’s with such excitement and honor that I am joining Cannondale Factory Racing. One of those scenarios where reality beats imagination. It’s a complete game changer for me – especially after being on the first team camp and seeing how professionally the team works and how much fun we have together.
Simon Andreassen
It’s great to see young guys with so much talent and willing to work hard toward their goals. With their talent and the Cannondale Factory Racing way of working, they going to have the tools to become important and significant athletes for our sport. CFR has developed a great working method and I believe Alan and Simon are going to have the best environment for their development. They both know what it takes to win. They both showed how fast they can go. Now it’s about learning how to be consistent and built a solid career. They add a lot of freshness and I truly believe they going to find the finest expertise on how to get the work done. CFR future looks great.
Henrique Avancini

ccs-62657-0-49811500-1610375808.jpg

Having Alan and Simon on board for 2021 and beyond, alongside World #1 Henrique Avancini, and Manuel Fumic was the next logical step for CFR. Simon and Alan are 2 of the most promising up and coming riders from the U23 and already delivered Elite World Cup podium performances in 2020. Every single rider on the team has been a World Champion in their careers already. We expect some great things from this new team composition and the fun and laughs we had at team camp are a good indicator to be on the right track.
Daniel Hespeler (CFR Team Manager)

Related posts

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment