Events

Anti-Doping Rule Violation: Tyronne White

Press release from Cycling South Africa.

· By Press Office · 278 comments

Cycling South Africa reports that Tyronne White has been found guilty of an anti-doping rule violation after an in-competition test conducted on 30 April 2016 confirmed the presence of the Glucocorticoid, Dexamethasone.

The SAIDS Independent Doping Hearing Panel imposed a period of ineligibility of 18 months, commencing on 14 December 2016. Mr. White is therefore suspended and prohibited from competing and administering in the sport of Cycling as well as in any other sport in South Africa and Internationally from 14 December 2016 until 13 June 2018. This decision may be appealed by Mr. White, the UCI, WADA and SAIDS.

Cycling South Africa respects the independence of the SAIDS process and will respect the outcome. Cycling SA further reiterates its zero-tolerance approach to doping in sport and will continue working with SAIDS in the promotion of a drug-free sport via its awareness and extensive testing programmes.

Comments

Beefy

Dec 28, 2016, 10:17 AM

Who is Tyronne White?

Aurora

Dec 28, 2016, 10:18 AM

Funny this, a training buddy of Rourke Croeser

Formallyknownas

Dec 28, 2016, 10:19 AM

Who is Tyronne White?

He's just another asśhat cheat.
Aurora

Dec 28, 2016, 10:22 AM

I wonder what coach Russel White has to say about this?

maidenmole

Dec 28, 2016, 10:29 AM

235bf045bda1c103c150fadc2e9f6f0c.png
jcza

Dec 28, 2016, 10:37 AM

Unknowingly

Unintentional

Incorrect medication

Dehydration

Food poisoning

New generation saving cycling

EmptyB

Dec 28, 2016, 10:38 AM

Another error or miscommunication...hmmmmm.

jcza

Dec 28, 2016, 10:40 AM

Podiumed at J2C..3rd

Wonder how the 4th placed team feels? Oh wait.... [emoji23]

Patchelicious

Dec 28, 2016, 10:40 AM

I like the way he races, he must be clean.

the nerd

Dec 28, 2016, 10:47 AM

:thumbdown:

FCH

Dec 28, 2016, 11:01 AM

For all the medics and doctors commenting.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24184695

Jewbacca

Dec 28, 2016, 11:04 AM

Oh dear....

Do you think if he gets away with it after an appeal it will be down to White privilege?

(shows himself out...)

FCH

Dec 28, 2016, 11:07 AM

No you didnt!!!

Oh dear....

Do you think if he gets away with it after an appeal it will be down to White privilege?

(shows himself out...)
Baaisikilist

Dec 28, 2016, 11:18 AM

The fact that it takes 8 months for these clowns to find things, makes me take them far less seriously...

Gen

Dec 28, 2016, 11:23 AM

I like the way he races, he must be clean.

dee36ce1d0e201c29707bee533325ebe.jpg

[emoji6]

FCH

Dec 28, 2016, 11:23 AM

One would 'assume' they can name the meds given to him for the chunderi then??

which begs the question; whom should take responsibilty on this- the medics stocking meds thats on banned list; or should the riders sit and google each pills ingredients before popping them....

The fact that it takes 8 months for these clowns to find things, makes me take them far less seriously...

Jewbacca

Dec 28, 2016, 11:24 AM

I think the process has to be so stringently followed that it does take time.

There are obviously a lot of procedures which need to be adhered to 100% otherwise the guilty bugger and his lawyers will find a loop hole and worm their way out through a technicality.

So, being thorough and doing it properly allows them to actually release this sort of news and pass sanction without legal lashbacks.

This is after all extremely damaging to the career of a pro cyclist and his sponsors.

Goodbadugly

Dec 28, 2016, 11:27 AM

All the troubles caused by women.

Miss Communication

Miss Diagnosis

Miss Interpretation

Miss Stake

Gen

One would 'assume' they can name the meds given to him for the chunderi then??

which begs the question; whom should take responsibilty on this- the medics stocking meds thats on banned list; or should the riders sit and google each pills ingredients before popping them....

Yes it is the athletes responsibility.
Patchelicious

I feel sorry for SA athletes, considering that every positive test ever has been a result of a flawed system.

Baaisikilist

Dec 28, 2016, 11:28 AM

Also, why does the race medical shed even have banned stuff to administer to competitors...? If your condition is bad enough to warrant requiring "the good stuff", then you should need to pull out of the race and declare requiring banned meds as the reason.

Gen

Dec 28, 2016, 11:30 AM

Also, why does the race medical shed even have banned stuff to administer to competitors...? If your condition is bad enough to warrant requiring "the good stuff", then you should need to pull out of the race and declare requiring banned meds as the reason.

True.
EmptyB

Dec 28, 2016, 11:35 AM

Exactly!

jcza

Dec 28, 2016, 11:46 AM

Maybe they're stocking it for emergencies when athletes run out.

These guys are incredible specimens, racing and achieving some of their best results when desperately ill. Just imagine what they will achieve when able to race healthy.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment