Events

De Groot ready for round two at the FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic

· By Press Office · 0 comments

Reigning women’s champion Robyn De Groot has set her sights on a problem free day on the bike and hopefully a second victory at the 2016 FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic that will take place at the ATKV in Buffelspoort this coming Saturday, 21 May 2016.

ccs-62657-0-85897400-1463482538.jpgReigning women’s champion Robyn De Groot has set her sights on a problem free day on the bike and hopefully a second victory at the FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic that will take place at the ATKV in Buffelspoort this coming Saturday, 21 May 2016. Seen here: De Groot in action at the 2015 FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic. Photo Credit: Tobias Ginsberg

“The FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic is proper-mountain biking,” says De Groot. “I was a newbie to the Magalies Monster last year. I had been warned that it was a hard race. It certainly delivered on its promise and gave me a good workout. In terms of climbing, descents and also the technical aspect, it’s a nice hard route.”

“My approach to racing is generally stress-free,” continues De Groot. “Returning as the defending champion doesn’t result in added pressure. I know that once I pedal my bike, it all falls into place. I just focus on the moment. It is always nice to defend a title. My advice to newcomers to the Monster is to come in with a pretty good fitness level. Don’t be frightened of the rocky terrain. These days the bicycles handle the terrain pretty well.”

Professional Sports Coach, Nico Sterk will be gunning for a top five position in the men’s race. “In 2013 I secured my personal best Magalies Monster result, a second spot on the podium. I wouldn’t miss the event for the world. It is without a doubt one of the bucket list events for all cycling enthusiasts in South Africa. You cannot call yourself a mountain biker if you have not conquered the Monster. We wear the finisher’s t-shirt with pride.”

Follow us on Twitter: @magmonstermtb / @StillwaterTrail
Like our Facebook Page: Stillwater MTB Events / Stillwater Trail Running

For more information on the FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic or FNB Platinum Trail Run contact Stillwater Sports on 082 991 0045, email entries@stillwatersports.com or visit www.stillwatersports.com.

Related posts

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment